As a Canadian, I'm currently a subscriber of Unblock-US, and I've also got a Pandora Radio account and a deck in my car with Pandora integration. Naturally, I'd like to be able to use Pandora on the go, but being outside of the US, under normal circumstances, that's a no-go.

Now, Unblock-US have a VPN service for mobile users, which is great. Only problem is it's PPTP which, of course, is unsupported on BlackBerry 10 devices and not likely to be added in the near future.

I've been researching and it looks like 12VPN seems to be the only one offering support for BlackBerry 10. I've heard mostly good things about Private Internet Access (and given that they look like they support IPSEC, I figure I may be able to rig something up), but I understand that their customer support, if needed is atrocious and the money-back guarantee may as well not even exist.

Can somebody who uses either of these (or has had experience with both) services shed some light on which one would be a better investment, or perhaps has a third or fourth to recommend?
    07-29-14 11:35 PM
    Purevpn will work for you

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:11 AM
    I may have to take a look at that one. Do you use it? How do you find the performance and customer service?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 10:09 AM
    Haven't had any problems with it, been using for a few months. I believe that there is a 2 or three dollar trial membership, or money back guarantee... only problem that I have is that there are only a few countries available for ike v2

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 10:47 AM
    Witopia has BlackBerry 10 support.
    08-05-14 10:56 AM
    BlackLogic VPN has BB 10 support
    08-24-14 10:26 PM
    Am trying the PureVPN 3 day trial now. Works great over cellular network, but can't get it to work over wifi. I keep getting an "error: timed out".
    I selected the VPN on the wifi profile for that wifi network. Trying to figure it out.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.0.1052
    08-28-14 09:15 AM
    I'll chime in with pureVPN service as it fully compatible with my Z10 however please note that your Pandora or Netflix account could potentially be cancelled at any time or your could be locked out in some way because although accessing geographically restricted content with the aid of things like a VPN or DNS proxy doesn't seem illegal, it is likely to be breaching the terms of use of streaming sites to use any service to bypass their restrictions or to lie about your location.
    jope28 likes this.
    08-28-14 09:45 AM
    I'll chime in with pureVPN service as it fully compatible with my Z10 however please note that your Pandora or Netflix account could potentially be cancelled at any time or your could be locked out in some way because although accessing geographically restricted content with the aid of things like a VPN or DNS proxy doesn't seem illegal, it is likely to be breaching the terms of use of streaming sites to use any service to bypass their restrictions or to lie about your location.
    Are you able to use BBM voice through PureVPN?
    It deactivates the option when connected to the VPN.
    PureVPN customer service told me that my home Internet provider might be blocking ikev2 and that is probably the reason why it works for me over the cellular network, but not on home wifi. Will have to test at public wifi before my 3 day trial is over to see if I have any luck.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.0.1052
    08-29-14 02:27 PM
    I'm using PureVPN on my Q10 and I can confirm that BBM voice and video calls work with the VPN on, both on Wi-Fi and cellular. Netflix also works with PureVPN on Wi-Fi and cellular.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052 | Bell | via CB10
    09-14-14 12:08 AM
    I've been using Witopia for the last 18 months & it works great on both my Q10 & my Apple laptop. On my phone, I've set up 2 VPNs: one for Canada & one for the US. I select whichever one I need for the purpose at the time. When I want to watch Internet TV, I use my wifi settings on my phone, connect my phone to my TV with a micro-HDMI cable, shut off my automatic mobile settings on my phone, load the appropriate VPN setting, select the tv app of my choice & watch away. If you do it correctly, you won't use your data quota on your phone either. The picture quality is also good.
    10-05-14 01:30 PM
    I use VPNTraffic on my Z10 and Z30. Works fine

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 07:30 PM
    I don't get the PureVPN success. They've been completely useless with Z10. I originally tried them out based on recommendations from this forum. They can't establish a connection. Tech support sent me certificates to load, but the instructions that came with it were complete nonsense. After a few weeks of trying, I've thrown in the towel. I'm at a loss to understand how some BB10 users can successfully connect with no apparent problems, but I can't.

I've also seen recommendations for Private Internet Access, but they don't support Blackberry.

I'll try a few of the others recommended.
    10-07-14 03:03 PM
    Purevpn works, at least to an extent. The problem is that they have only three ikev2 servers (US, Canadian and Romanian, and only the US And Canadian servers are still working. The Romanian server stopped working a few weeks back.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend Purevpn to anyone, given the number of ikev2 servers they have, and the fact that even those two are quite unstable.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    10-07-14 03:12 PM
    For those who are willing to setup their own personal Strongswan server, using the Amazon AWS services, there is a thread which detailed how to go about it, with scripts to make the process easy. Here is the link to the thread FREE VPN: Strongswan Ipsec/IKEv2 Z10/Z30/Q10

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    Last edited by dustmalik; 10-07-14 at 07:17 PM.
    10-07-14 03:22 PM