That’s not really true though. Many standard WP third party plugins render HTML. Standards maybe standards but different browser vendors have different interpretations of those standards. Most web developers have a base such as IE11 compatibility and work up from there and test of the most common browsers. Things may not work so well on BB10 simply because the usage of that browser is so small and those rendering edge cases were simply not found and fixed.
    I don't think we disagree. Lots of standard WP plug-ins work great on the BB10 browser. But there are a whole lot of crap WP themes and plug-ins too, especially for landing pages and pop-ups, and many of them are the ones that cause problems with older browsers. 90% of WP developers are amateur or junior code monkeys who are just trying to churn out product to make a few bucks, and don't know the first thing about regression testing or even know how to build a proper website without reusing other people's code.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-28-18 10:03 PM
    Except for the year plus security fixes you're missing, especially for Firefox...

Posted via CB10
    And the standard CB response...the biggest security hole is the user.

If true, how am I any worse off on EOL BB10 with a 2017 browser and QNX 'stubbed' Android fork that gives Google Play Services the finger every time I use it?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-18 10:49 PM
    I'm late to the game and just got a Q10. My previous phone was a flip phone because I despise these smart (dumb) phones. If I need Android, that is what my tablet is for. I couldn't stand looking at a screen smaller than my 10" tablet.

Than comes texting. I don't text much, but if I MUST, I've used enough VKB to know how much I hate them. Anyone who grew up learning how to touchtype without looking at keys will know what I'm talking about. So PKB it must be. The Q10 is almost the size of my old flip phone, so size is great. As for BBOS10, I never had any expectations beyond phoning and texting. That is what this is for. I'm so glad this isn't bloated with Android. Email is an extra perk, although my work account was a challenge.

I know I can't hope for a new version of OS10, but for what I use it for, it should work great even beyond 2020.

Posted via CB10
    RCJ28 likes this.
    10-28-18 11:23 PM
53 123