I've been a long time user of iPhone and Android. Switched to my first ever BlackBerry Z30 about 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it!!

I'd like to share one of the best features of BlackBerry where no other OS come close to this feature - email and calendar!!

Email - bb10 has the best email with hub. I've used both android and iPhone in the past. With android, I spent countess hours looking for the best email/calendar app that will work with my 3 accounts - Gmail, icloud and a Microsoft exchange. There isn't a perfect program that does instant push of all my 3 accounts, show all email folders in the server, quick and speedy search of emails that are a year old and gives you perfect calendar sync with all 3 accounts.

CloudMagic on android comes close but it saves all the emails on their server which I don't like

Z30 is by far is the best phone to get things done IMO. It just works!!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Alvin Loh like this.
    05-07-14 09:00 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Glad you're enjoying BB10.
    05-07-14 09:06 PM
    It's funny that BlackBerry has this reputation of being behind iOS and Android. I enjoy seeing posts such as the OP's that confirm what I've felt for a while. When it comes to communication, BlackBerry is ahead of the game. I think Apple and Android OS need to catch up.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-07-14 11:08 PM
    There were some growing pains ( expected for a new OS) when BB10 first came out. But overall it's one hell of a system now. And the Z30 is amazing. Wish the Z10 had all the same specs as Z30 (except size). I'd probably go back to a Z10 then.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 11:12 PM
    It's funny that BlackBerry has this reputation of being behind iOS and Android. I enjoy seeing posts such as the OP's that confirm what I've felt for a while. When it comes to communication, BlackBerry is ahead of the game. I think Apple and Android OS need to catch up.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Just to elaborate my original post on android I had to use the Gmail app for my Gmail, android's native email app for my exchange account and kept looking for a suitable app for my icloud email - most of the apps don't support instant push for icloud.

I literally tried all of android apps for this nothing does all including showing all email folders and a reliable search of emails both on the server and on the phone

Also I'd to find other davcal adapter to sync icloud calendar. So much paid to set all of this and still not happy because some of these apps hang at times.

With bb10, I didn't even try to look. Just set my accounts and bang. everything works like a charm!!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 11:26 PM
    I've been a long time user of iPhone and Android. Switched to my first ever BlackBerry Z30 about 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it!!

I'd like to share one of the best features of BlackBerry where no other OS come close to this feature - email and calendar!!

Email - bb10 has the best email with hub. I've used both android and iPhone in the past. With android, I spent countess hours looking for the best email/calendar app that will work with my 3 accounts - Gmail, icloud and a Microsoft exchange. There isn't a perfect program that does instant push of all my 3 accounts, show all email folders in the server, quick and speedy search of emails that are a year old and gives you perfect calendar sync with all 3 accounts.

CloudMagic on android comes close but it saves all the emails on their server which I don't like

Z30 is by far is the best phone to get things done IMO. It just works!!

Posted via CB10
    First of all you mean "best email client" as BB10 has no email included but unfortunately that will have to be a no from me, I've had B10 from the very beginning and it's been a series of disasters for me on the Z10 with the smtp bug that didn't let me send attachments or reply to emails and on the Q10 with the random deleting bug that deleted 3 months worth of sent and received work emails out of the blue.

#believeinfilm
    05-08-14 04:58 AM
    First of all you mean "best email client" as BB10 has no email included but unfortunately that will have to be a no from me, I've had B10 from the very beginning and it's been a series of disasters for me on the Z10 with the smtp bug that didn't let me send attachments or reply to emails and on the Q10 with the random deleting bug that deleted 3 months worth of sent and received work emails out of the blue.

#believeinfilm
    I didn't face any of these issues with Z30. It just works!! That's why I posted this thread . I did face some of your problems with android where I constantly have to look for that one email app (which isn't there) that will get all my mails in one place and calendars synced.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    05-08-14 08:54 AM
    I can only agree with vhl71. The hub solution in combination with the possibility to integrate mails calls cals and more is great.

And yes. Now it's a hell of a damn great os.
    Used ios and android too.

Love my z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 09:52 AM
    Have to agree that the HUB is one of the best feature of BB10. For business people and professionals it's very important to be able to quickly go to one place to see all of their email!

For the average consumer... not so much, as mail is no longer the main source of communications. Now if you showed them Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram (or whatever social app they are using) in the HUB, they would appreciate that But if you leave one of the main "accounts" they use out, you have lost any appeal the HUB might have had.
    05-08-14 09:57 AM
    @scalemaster34 don't agree. Much of my friends liked the hub and the integration of most of my accounts.
    Of course for business people it's better. But I only used the hub now. Don't start any app because I've started a conversation few times ago and can continue without opening the app/ messanger.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    05-08-14 10:04 AM
    When it comes to communication, BlackBerry is ahead of the game. I think Apple and Android OS need to catch up.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, but it's Blackberry's communication with the phone-buying public that they've forgotten to address over recent times.
    05-08-14 10:12 AM