Hey guys,

I've been away from BlackBerry for a while now but I have a Q10 on its way today. I'm looking to install 10.3 before I do anything else, but I'm having a hard time deciding which leak will be best on this device. Can anyone advise which one seems most stable on the Q10? And will I need to flash a different radio manually?

Thanks in advance �*your help is appreciated.
    01-20-15 03:52 AM
    I tried 10.3.1.1949 but totally regret. Perfect visuals, extra functions and performance... But the battery needs to charged up 2-3 times a day. If you want to give a shot, try 10.3.1.2072. At the other hand, they say official 10.3.1 is on the way.
    01-20-15 03:58 AM
    I'm using 10.3.1.2073/2073 on Verizon with ZERO issues. Radio file works very well. Personally, I spend the few hours needed to reconfigure settings rather than backing up and restoring. That seems to be where most glitches pop up when folks upgrade. Admittedly, plenty of people restore w/out issue, but I don't mind taking the time.

I'm also OCD and install the leak, do a security wipe, then reinstall the leak just to make sure I have a clear install with nothing left from the old OS.
    01-20-15 09:05 AM
    Thanks for the tips. I think I'll give this one a shot, then.
    01-20-15 10:09 AM
    I'm using 10.3.1.2073/2073 on Verizon with ZERO issues. Radio file works very well. Personally, I spend the few hours needed to reconfigure settings rather than backing up and restoring. That seems to be where most glitches pop up when folks upgrade. Admittedly, plenty of people restore w/out issue, but I don't mind taking the time.

I'm also OCD and install the leak, do a security wipe, then reinstall the leak just to make sure I have a clear install with nothing left from the old OS.
    Agreed. Mind you I just use SIC multiwipe and then the autoloader with no restore. Zero issues thus far. Radio and battery are excellent. android runtime running great as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 12:09 PM
    So I went ahead and installed the latest leak, and it has been terrific so far. Android apps are much snappier, the new features are great (I love having the ability to resize Android apps), and everything seems stable. Hopefully it will remain that way.

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 01:50 PM
    Why do you need a leak? Just wait for 10 days for the official roll out. It's coming out in the first week of feb.

Posted via CB10
    lokomok0 likes this.
    01-20-15 01:53 PM
    Could you let us know how the OS is after you've had some time with it?

If you've noticed any bugs.

I'm on Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.3247 and I wouldn't exactly say it's without bugs.

So I'm curious.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 03:22 PM
    It's not without it's problems. If you open up a message in the hub with the phone held vertically and start typing a reply then decide to rotate it horizontally you will have to bring up the keyboard again. Is it a bug or is that the way it's intended to be?
    Some screen messages get truncated as well.
    When I first installed .2072 I had the camera close on me once and took a double tap to open. That only happened a few times.

I still wouldn't trade it for anything else.
    01-20-15 03:34 PM
    So far, I've had zero issues with the latest leak whatsoever. Performance and battery life has been great, and I've been using my Q10 as my daily driver since I got it without running into any bugs.

I'm using an unlocked handset connected to Three in the U.K. if that helps anyone.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:20 PM
    Why do you need a leak? Just wait for 10 days for the official roll out. It's coming out in the first week of feb.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I've always installed leaks on my BlackBerry handsets, so it's kind of a habit. I'm one of those people who likes to tinker, so if there's a leak to try out, I'm happy to give it a go. Plus I'm impatient, so I like to get the latest features and improvements as soon as I can.

Are we sure the official rollout is the first week of Feb? I don't remember seeing anything from BlackBerry confirming that.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:23 PM
    Are we sure the official rollout is the first week of Feb? I don't remember seeing anything from BlackBerry confirming that.

Posted via CB10
    Only a rumor, although the latest leaked OS (10.3.1.2072) looks like it'll be the official rollout OS.
    01-25-15 01:24 PM
    Only a rumor, although the latest leaked OS (10.3.1.2072) looks like it'll be the official rollout OS.
    I thought so. So it could be a while yet, then. Plus most people will have to wait for carrier approval, too. If .2072 is good enough for the public rollout, why not just install it now?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 02:54 AM