Does anyone know if the new OS 10 will be able to connect to the current BES environments? I assume some functionality will be missing, but I've skipped the OS7 phones waiting for the new OS10 device and it will kill me if I have to wait for my company to update to the RIM service.
    05-23-12 07:51 PM
    Since they are building security into BB10, and they have said it will connect to the BES, then I would assume it will connect just fine (instead of using Fusion). More than likely, there will be a BES update, just like they have had for with other OS updates.
    05-24-12 03:23 PM
    Since they are building security into BB10, and they have said it will connect to the BES, then I would assume it will connect just fine (instead of using Fusion). More than likely, there will be a BES update, just like they have had for with other OS updates.
    I hadn't heard the new phone would connect to BES. If this was already mentioned, i'm a happy camper. Thank you.

Now to just get my hands on one. Lol.

Thanks for the good news.
    05-24-12 03:30 PM
    BB10 phones will not connect to BES. They will connect to BlackBerry Device Service, part of the BlackBerry Mobile Fusion suite. BES will only support the existing OS devices. Playbook also connects to BDS.
    05-24-12 09:12 PM
    BB10 phones will not connect to BES. They will connect to BlackBerry Device Service, part of the BlackBerry Mobile Fusion suite. BES will only support the existing OS devices. Playbook also connects to BDS.
    So unless businesses upgrade OS10 devices can't be used? That doesn't sound smart if they're looking to sell a lot of these things. I'm drying to get one, but if I can't connect it, I guess my purchase will be delayed ... Probably for many months or more. If other corporate users are in the same boat as me, this could make sales look really bad day/week/month one.

Thanks for the update even though its disapointing to read.
    05-24-12 09:19 PM
    I agree with Xopher they will have it connect to the BES.
    They have the playbook connect to BDS right now because why should they over haul their server software to have it connect now when they can spend some time and iron out bugs to make it work great when BB10 comes out.
    05-25-12 10:03 AM
    I agree with Xopher they will have it connect to the BES.
    They have the playbook connect to BDS right now because why should they over haul their server software to have it connect now when they can spend some time and iron out bugs to make it work great when BB10 comes out.
    So I guess the answer is no one knows and we have to wait for RIM to let us know. My fingers are crossed that it will work so I can buy one as soon as they come out.
    05-25-12 09:13 PM
    So unless businesses upgrade OS10 devices can't be used? That doesn't sound smart if they're looking to sell a lot of these things. I'm drying to get one, but if I can't connect it, I guess my purchase will be delayed ... Probably for many months or more. If other corporate users are in the same boat as me, this could make sales look really bad day/week/month one.

Thanks for the update even though its disapointing to read.
    BB10 uses ActiveSync whereas current Java devices use Push technology. The server architecture has to be completely different.

This is not something unknown (at least to me). I have internal RIM sources who have confirmed that BB10 will only run on BDS. Of course I can't prove this to you, so you'll have to either take my word for it or wait to see what happens when BB10 releases.
    05-27-12 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD