It's however the OS and network talk to one another. My Dev B (STL100-1) shows 4G in Canada just like my Q10 SQN100-1 does. Both represent 3G/HSPA+/HSDPA/DC-HSPA and the likes. 4GLTE and LTE represent the LTE network.
    Ok. So it's like as of now we see H+ in the top screen which should be replaced by 4G in 10.2. As in what I get from your explanation is that H+ is 4G for STL -1.

Correct me if I am wrong. Not really a technical guy to talk the small difference which actually matter.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 11:37 AM
    Thanks Kris and the team. I'll try the updated bars.

~ it's not a phone, it's a blackberry
    08-19-13 11:40 AM
    I wonder if they ever gonna fix this still persistent contacts mess...I wanna be able to make changes to a contact without it unlinking or doubling entries or multiplying email addresses or other weird things.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 11:40 AM
    Great job writing up blog Darcy and nice drop Kris.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.xxxx - BerryLeaks Team Member/co-Founder & posted from the best phone ever. http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    prateek.samtani likes this.
    08-19-13 11:41 AM
    I think this depends on the game and/or developer. Send the dev(s) an email. Many will be happy to help out.

My ZeeTen strikes again! (Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2354)
    08-19-13 11:52 AM
    Ok. So it's like as of now we see H+ in the top screen which should be replaced by 4G in 10.2. As in what I get from your explanation is that H+ is 4G for STL -1.

Correct me if I am wrong. Not really a technical guy to talk the small difference which actually matter.

Posted via CB10
    Hey there

The STL100-1 doesn't have a proper "4G" capable radio. It's only certified to run at Dual-Carrier HSPA "3G" speeds. What you saw in 10.2 was the a bug, so far as that the Operator you are with hasn't signed it's configuration file with BBRY that denotes things like how network technologies are displayed.

For some operators like TmoUS, they purposefully show DC-HSPA as 4G purely for marketing, as to be fair, there's not much in 4G and DC 3G speed wise.

For all other GSMA operators, the indicator will show true network technology (H, H+, 4G LTE) etc.

Hope this helps!
    ugbadboy likes this.
    08-19-13 11:58 AM
    This may be an off the wall questions or impossible to do but is there a way to take the autoloader and extract all the bar files and run this as an update rather than a new install using sachup or darcys bbtools? I enjoy the leaks but everyday backing up, loading, then restoring is very time consuming. Thanks for any help.
    08-19-13 12:03 PM

The following is a list of changed files from the last leak:

Our last leak was 10.1.0.4780 the following list are the updated files in 10.1.0.4828
    sys.bridgeApp01-10.1.1.67
    sys.bridgeApp02-10.1.1.67
    sys.bridgeApp03-10.1.1.67
    sys.bridgeApp04-10.1.1.67
    sys.bridgeApp05-10.1.1.67
    sys.bridgeCalendar-10.1.1.67
    sys.bridgeContacts-10.1.1.67
    sys.bridgeMemoPad-10.1.1.67
    sys.bridgeMessages-10.1.1.67
    sys.bridgeTasks-10.1.1.67

Posted via my Q10 | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    I know almost nothing about system files, but these Bridge files above that were updated, were they always there?
    Will we be seeing a Bridge update with more functions for BB10-PlayBook interaction? Do I have my hopes up?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 12:04 PM
    Sorry for this. But there is confusion on 4G country specific definition and as someone posted a screen of network setting in 1047 leak showing 4G for STL -1.

It would be great if you can share a screen for memory consumption in 10.2. I am sitting at 15gb already without many apps etc. Android folder is 2gB only.

Not sure of all being worked upon already. But reading reviews of leaks does give an impression that a lot has to be done.

I really want BlackBerry to kick the so called freaks all the time opposing BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Memory consumption = RAM. Sounds like your referring to "disk space". I believe all devices have 2gm RAM.
    BerryLeaks Presents: OS10.1.0.4828 - All Devices-img_00000002.png
    08-19-13 12:04 PM
    Also, unused RAM = wasted RAM
    08-19-13 12:05 PM
    Hey there

The STL100-1 doesn't have a proper "4G" capable radio. It's only certified to run at Dual-Carrier HSPA "3G" speeds. What you saw in 10.2 was the a bug, so far as that the Operator you are with hasn't signed it's configuration file with BBRY that denotes things like how network technologies are displayed.

For some operators like TmoUS, they purposefully show DC-HSPA as 4G purely for marketing, as to be fair, there's not much in 4G and DC 3G speed wise.

For all other GSMA operators, the indicator will show true network technology (H, H+, 4G LTE) etc.

Hope this helps!
    All true, except for the last bit. Rogers (who I'm with) display HSPA+, etc as 4G at all times. It really is dependant on how the carrier labels their towers to send out the signal.

For example, on older 10.1 leaks (before 10.1 was official), I would find once a week (usually weekends), that my indicator would change from 4G to 3G, however this did not affect my signal. It just showed that my phone received a new network technology txt file as to how to identify the signals. Only way to clear that issue was a security wipe. (Likewise when my device shows 4G, it shows LTE and if it showed 3G it showed 4GLTE for LTE)
    prateek.samtani likes this.
    08-19-13 12:12 PM
    Hey there

Hope this helps!
    Thanks. This does help me understand it better.

Wish if all follow same standards than marketing it wrongly.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 12:16 PM
    Memory consumption = RAM. Sounds like your referring to "disk space". I believe all devices have 2gm RAM.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000002.png 
Views:	1901 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	193928
    Yeah you are right. I am referring to disk space. Its good to see 10.6 free on your device. How many apps have you have installed especially android ports since they occupy a lot of space to run.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 12:19 PM
    All true, except for the last bit. Rogers (who I'm with) display HSPA+, etc as 4G at all times. It really is dependant on how the carrier labels their towers to send out the signal.

For example, on older 10.1 leaks (before 10.1 was official), I would find once a week (usually weekends), that my indicator would change from 4G to 3G, however this did not affect my signal. It just showed that my phone received a new network technology txt file as to how to identify the signals. Only way to clear that issue was a security wipe. (Likewise when my device shows 4G, it shows LTE and if it showed 3G it showed 4GLTE for LTE)
    Kris you rock!!

So I understood you right!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 12:24 PM

Or to get into the really nitty gritty, you could have switched from a DC-HSPA broadcasting cell back down to standard UMTS for engineering works or for traffic management etc. That often happens. The installation of leaks may have been coincidental
    08-19-13 12:24 PM
    It's however the OS and network talk to one another. My Dev B (STL100-1) shows 4G in Canada just like my Q10 SQN100-1 does. Both represent 3G/HSPA+/HSDPA/DC-HSPA and the likes. 4GLTE and LTE represent the LTE network.
    Thanks again Kris, will definitely give this a try...everything released since 4633 have been running great on my STL100-3 on AT&T.

STL100-3 / 10.1.0.4780
    08-19-13 12:30 PM
    Yeah you are right. I am referring to disk space. Its good to see 10.6 free on your device. How many apps have you have installed especially android ports since they occupy a lot of space to run.

Posted via CB10
    I've only got candy crush and Google maps. Just to see if things worked(btw no problems at all *I'm also on the new. 1323 leak fyi). They only take up space to install, they won't use any more space when running, only RAM. I don't keep much on phone.. so that may not be a standard amount you see.
    08-19-13 12:48 PM
    Does this leak have
    - Dark themed SMS, BBM and Calendar?
    - Toast notifications?
    - Hub Icon?
    Or are those features only for 10.2?
    08-19-13 01:09 PM
    Perhaps one of you more advanced users can help me out... Rather than completely download this latest version, I decided to simply download using Sachesi (or think I downloaded) the BAR files (https://mega.co.nz/#!cMMlGZhJ!G-u0kT...A_Qb3Se8eVxRkQ) as made available by Master Kris !! Only thing is, my OS version still shows 4780, is that to be expected if using this method ?? ...and if so, I can I validate that these files were actually installed onto my Z10 device ?? Is there a way to check this on my phone ?? Great appreciate the help guys.
    08-19-13 01:18 PM
    Perhaps one of you more advanced users can help me out... Rather than completely download this latest version, I decided to simply download using Sachesi (or think I downloaded) the BAR files (https://mega.co.nz/#!cMMlGZhJ!G-u0kT...A_Qb3Se8eVxRkQ) as made available by Master Kris !! Only thing is, my OS version still shows 4780, is that to be expected if using this method ?? ...and if so, I can I validate that these files were actually installed onto my Z10 device ?? Is there a way to check this on my phone ?? Great appreciate the help guys.
    Did you reboot the device after?

Posted via CB10
    Norg likes this.
    08-19-13 01:19 PM
    Does this leak have
    - Dark themed SMS, BBM and Calendar?
    - Toast notifications?
    - Hub Icon?
    Or are those features only for 10.2?
    If you have a Q10 you will get the dark theme, if you install the beta BlackBerry Messenger you will get it white, your calendar comes out white now unless you install an older version that's black.
    The rest is 10.2 glory.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 01:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Usually a reboot will not change that, a fresh install will be your best bet to fix that although it's not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    Norg likes this.
    08-19-13 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes I did but no change...is there a way to check if the files themselves actually downloaded onto my Z10 ??

STL100-3 / 10.1.0.4780
    08-19-13 01:28 PM
    Usually a reboot will not change that, a fresh install will be your best bet to fix that although it's not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, reboot did nothing, that said, is there a way to confirm ON MY DEVICE that the files actually downloaded onto my Z??

STL100-3 / 10.1.0.4780
    08-19-13 01:30 PM
    Though I think they should release this 10.1 update for most carriers, except VZW ofc. Verizon should just skip this and jump right onto 10.2 when it's released. I mean what is a 1 or 2 month difference gonna make? They're as slow as ever already. Might as well just pool their resources into pushing a newer, better update!

I was once indecisive, but now I'm not so sure. l Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-19-13 01:35 PM
166 1234 ...