just sideload the runtime you want and restart your phone before you install any new bar files

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    Thanks I did it earlier. Forgot to update my post... Now that I am back on a 'locked' runtime... I installed a debug token, and tried sideloading an android app to test (temple run 2) now it doesn't work, does anyone know why this is? Is it the android runtime? I am on 10.2.0.1791 so I am using the android runtime that comes with this
    10-28-13 06:05 PM
    Do they just "work" or are they truly connecting over wifi?

Posted via CB10
    They do connect over WiFi and work as they are designed. Flipboard retrieves the articles, Bloom.Fm streams music and online radio and online games stay connected on WiFi too.

So the only issue we have is the need for an initial sign-on with an active sim card over 3G when you fire up the app for the very first time after installing the unlocked Android runtime and reboot your device.

I <3 BBM
    10-28-13 07:50 PM
    Thanks, that was spot on, some of the Android apps are not able to connect over WiFi with the unlocked runtime pulled out of 10.2.1.641, but work as expected over a 3G data connection.

I possibly need to have the latest unlocked Android runtime from OS 10.2.0.x,

This thread is like a maze, any one know where I can easily locate the above version?
    I assume you found it

Can you share which version you are using? I don't mind doing an initial sign-on with 3G if I can use wifi the rest of the time.
    10-29-13 08:28 AM
    I assume you found it

Can you share which version you are using? I don't mind doing an initial sign-on with 3G if I can use wifi the rest of the time.
    Found all the versions here,

I am on stock 10.2.0.1791 with the following updates from 10.2.1.641 :-

Unlocked Android Runtime:
    sys.android-10.2.1.13.bar
    sys.android.shell-10.2.1.13.bar

BBM with dark Theme:
    sys.bbm-10.2.1.10.bar

System/App Monitor (wonderful):
    sys.sysmon-1.0.1.8.bar

There's also a link from there to the bar files from the stock OS 10.2.0.1791 release, but I did not need to revert to the locked stock Android as the apps I have are working fine.

The trick is to give the OS and Android runtime some 10 minutes to reinitialize after restarting you device.
    10-29-13 10:07 AM
    So the only issue we have is the need for an initial sign-on with an active sim card over 3G when you fire up the app for the very first time after installing the unlocked Android runtime and reboot your device.
    Ok... I sideloaded the 10.2.1.641 version of the android runtime, hard reset my device, waited 15 minutes and started up a sideloaded app that needs a network connection to work (Waze). When connected through wifi, it wouldn't see the network. So I turned wifi off, and it worked fine over 3G.

Next, I shut Waze down, and turned off my network connection, turned wifi on, and hard-reset the device again.

After rebooting, I loaded up Waze with WIFI only, and... Waze doesn't see my network connection.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Did you do something different to get Android apps to connect to internet through wifi?

EDIT: UGH... Never mind. Well I am still curious if you have an answer, but the 10.2.1.13 version of sys.android doesn't work well for me at all, regardless of the connectivity issues. Apps that were working before simply crash. Will go back to the official locked runtime and wait for the next leak before trying again.
    Last edited by Icarus3000; 10-29-13 at 01:02 PM.
    10-29-13 11:59 AM
    A suggestion, after rebooting, leave the phone alone for 10 minutes before launching an android app.

It actually takes a few more minutes for the bb10 to load up the runtime.

After the 5-10 minutes, it will take 5 minutes to load the first Android app

Do this all once

In the future, the apps will load very quickly. You still need to wait the 5 min after a reboot, but after that everything load quickly.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks but still no luck. Waited half an hour as I went to eat but side loads and ports still close down.

Posted via Vader10
    10-29-13 06:18 PM
    BerryLeaks help please!! So many problems. So I upgraded ota official 10.2.0.1791 and obviously my previous sideloads stopped working. So I opted for the unlocked runtime bar. Have tried several times and several different runtimes but still the same thing happens. Blue bar loads and app shuts down. Ports from bb world also!! I did a device reload a day ago so I could start fresh. Today I tried again using what everyone says is the most stable unlocked runtime for that os. Sideloaded both files via chrome. Rebooted with rocker keys until blue loading thing came up. Opened up a port and sideload to hopefully give it a boost but not only did the sideload close down, the port from bb world close down also. This truly sucks balls. Cant do the debug method as Java only provides an RE for 64bit. I have 32bit lol. Unless you know how I can work around that. Please help. Thanks
    Did you delete and reinstall your Android ports and side loads before rebooting with volume keys then reinstalling them

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 06:29 PM
    Hello guys

I have a little question

Is there any difference between the android unlocked runtime and the debug token ways or they are the same??

From my lovely Z10
    10-29-13 06:40 PM
    hey im kinda lost, im on 10.2 the oficial one, is there a new unlocked runtime? i read a post that said that with the "new" unlocked runtime instagram runs perfect without the keybord bug? is it true? i sideloaded the fisrt unlocked runtime
    10-29-13 10:24 PM
    Did you delete and reinstall your Android ports and side loads before rebooting with volume keys then reinstalling them

Posted via CB10
    Yup

Posted via Vader10
    10-30-13 12:15 AM
    Ok... I sideloaded the 10.2.1.641 version of the android runtime, hard reset my device, waited 15 minutes and started up a sideloaded app that needs a network connection to work (Waze). When connected through wifi, it wouldn't see the network. So I turned wifi off, and it worked fine over 3G.

Next, I shut Waze down, and turned off my network connection, turned wifi on, and hard-reset the device again.

After rebooting, I loaded up Waze with WIFI only, and... Waze doesn't see my network connection.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Did you do something different to get Android apps to connect to internet through wifi?

EDIT: UGH... Never mind. Well I am still curious if you have an answer, but the 10.2.1.13 version of sys.android doesn't work well for me at all, regardless of the connectivity issues. Apps that were working before simply crash. Will go back to the official locked runtime and wait for the next leak before trying again.
    First of all, I didn't do a hard reboot in any of my attempts to make the unlocked Android runtime and other apps work on my Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791.

Secondly, I used the the Chrome installer to remove the previously installed apps then switched to this : http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook...-apps/?did=177 and used it from that point onwards to install the unlocked Android runtime and other bars.

After installing the unlocked Android bar, I restarted my device, just a simple shutdown/restart using the power button. Following that I made sure I'm connected over 3G, WiFi is off, and started Flipboard, at which point it started to go through the initialization process and prompted me to login to my account.

I logged in over 3G then switched back to WiFi and that was that. I followed the same process with my other Android apps. From that point onwards, no matter how many times I restarted my Z10, all the installed and connected Android apps just worked as expected.

I hope the above helps.

I <3 BBM
    10-30-13 05:28 AM
    Update to the above post..
    I also installed Waze to test yesterday and it worked fine, not even a need to shutdown or restart the device.

I <3 BBM
    10-30-13 05:33 AM
    hey im kinda lost, im on 10.2 the oficial one, is there a new unlocked runtime? i read a post that said that with the "new" unlocked runtime instagram runs perfect without the keybord bug? is it true? i sideloaded the fisrt unlocked runtime
    There are 2 unlocked android runtimes that I know about: 1) Posted August 24 2013 by BerryLeaks & 2) Posted October 8 2013 by soozininsomniac

1) is Unlocked but has a permanent bar at the bottom when running Android apps
    2) is Unlocked and has the option to hide the permanent bar at the bottom

I'm using 2) with no problems so far
    mike260193 likes this.
    10-30-13 05:39 AM
    I have side-loaded Leaked Unlocked Android Runtime on my Q10 runing OS 10.2, Most of the games work fine; Skype works best. But I cannot login to my gmail account using IM+, Gives a message "Connection Lost", while I have 3G and Wifi Internet connections and using browser and Skype.
    Viber is loaded sucessfully and after Opening, when I click the Continue, it says "Could not Connect - An internet Connection is required to set up Viber.
    Kindly help me with this, Thanks in advance.
    10-30-13 06:33 AM
    There are 2 unlocked android runtimes that I know about: 1) Posted August 24 2013 by BerryLeaks & 2) Posted October 8 2013 by soozininsomniac

1) is Unlocked but has a permanent bar at the bottom when running Android apps
    2) is Unlocked and has the option to hide the permanent bar at the bottom

I'm using 2) with no problems so far
    Thanks, and with the second do you have the bug on instagram with the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:47 AM
    I have side-loaded Leaked Unlocked Android Runtime on my Q10 runing OS 10.2, Most of the games work fine; Skype works best. But I cannot login to my gmail account using IM+, Gives a message "Connection Lost", while I have 3G and Wifi Internet connections and using browser and Skype.
    Viber is loaded sucessfully and after Opening, when I click the Continue, it says "Could not Connect - An internet Connection is required to set up Viber.
    A lot of people (myself included) have network connectivity issues with any of the unlocked runtimes. I reverted back to the latest locked runtime and other than having to convert apps via the debugtoken method, everything seems to be working fine.
    10-30-13 10:53 AM
    Thanks, and with the second do you have the bug on instagram with the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but I am not on Instagram nor do I have it on my phone. So I can't help you with that
    mike260193 likes this.
    10-30-13 11:53 AM
    If you get a "Could Not Connect - An Internet Connection is Required..." error, switch WiFi off and connect via 3G/4G and start the app again. In my case this resolved the initial login/connection issue, and after you login and in future use you should be able to connect over WiFi too without the need to go through the initial login again.
    10-30-13 05:06 PM
    Well done! No reinstalling of Android apps necessary for me.

Sideloading - reboot - ready!

Thanks.

Btw, first start of an Android App take a bit time. Be patient.
    10-30-13 11:21 PM
    Hey BerryLeaks Team - forgive me if I started another thread on this, I'm gonna delete that as soon as I'm done here.

It's been a while since I've been in the leaks forums for this stuff, but as I'm totally new to android sideloading, perhaps someone could help w/ a little clarification?

EDIT - discovered pvphooman's thread on 10.2.1 bars on top of 10.2.0.........clarity increased by orders of magnitude.....thanks *sheepish*
    Last edited by TSY#CB; 10-31-13 at 11:12 PM.
    10-31-13 01:52 AM
    Hey guys, will this work with the Z30???
    11-01-13 11:29 AM
    If I want to uninstall this runtime I can just put the two bars in DDPB and click uninstall??

From my lovely Z10
    11-01-13 05:29 PM
    Well it seems as though the new runtime in BlackBerry World has done the trick. Thanks for the help anyway

Posted via Vader10
    11-02-13 02:35 AM
    Well it seems as though the new runtime in BlackBerry World has done the trick. Thanks for the help anyway

Posted via Vader10
    Did you install the BlackBerry world version over this one ??

From my lovely Z10
    11-02-13 01:17 PM
    Did you install the BlackBerry world version over this one ??

From my lovely Z10
    When hooked up to chrome the new runtime looks like this
    BerryLeaks Presents: Leaked Unlocked Android Runtime-img_20131044.jpg

I still have this version on my phone
    BerryLeaks Presents: Leaked Unlocked Android Runtime-img_20131046.jpg

Snapchat runs beautifully smooth and it's newest version I believe. Still having trouble with Instagram. Version that's currently on there says camera doesn't meet minimum requirements :/

So I'm not sure whether it's the new runtime from BBW or its because I still have the other one on there also

Posted via Vader10
    11-02-13 03:20 PM
1,625 ... 6162636465