I screwed up, without reading I installed these bar files in excitement not knowing that I needed to be in 10.2; I'm on 10.1.

Any way to reinstall 10.1's Android runtime?
    08-25-13 05:22 PM
    I screwed up, without reading I installed these bar files in excitement not knowing that I needed to be in 10.2; I'm on 10.1.

Any way to reinstall 10.1's Android runtime?
    Again, this is why we encourage you to read.

Now, i will tell you this, the answer you seek is in this thread along with the files you will need. Relax, take a breath, read and then proceed.

Posted from my BerryLeak mind controlled Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1xxx LE, while drunk
    1magine, gschep, jakie55 and 2 others like this.
    08-25-13 05:24 PM
    Doesn't work -- I have Google Maps sideloaded and already running. The API calls blow up the application.
    Was worth a shot- good to know for future reference though. Thanks for following back up
    08-25-13 05:30 PM
    Deleted all my converted android apps + debug token, installed the new runtime using Sachesi, reboot, downloaded and reinstalled my apps from http://apk2bar.org using Sachesi again

Everything works flawlessly well and even better

BerryLeaks Presents: Leaked Unlocked Android Runtime-img_00000826.png

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Z10
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    08-25-13 05:46 PM
    Thanks I will try it late tonight. Thanks

Artie
    08-25-13 05:51 PM
    Does this mean the Bank of America app will finally work? Anyone try it yet?
    I need to know this too. I convinced a friend to get the Z10 instead of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and he needs the Bank of America app to deposit checks via taking a picture with the app.
    08-25-13 05:56 PM
    Does anyone have Marvel War of Hero's working https://play.google.com/store/apps/d..._Android&hl=en

I have tried and tried to convert this but apparently the "name" it too long. Would love love to try this if someone knows how to convert this to a bar

MARVEL War of Heroes 1.4.3 apk | DRO9.IN

Yes.

You have to unpack the APK and edit the manifest to shorten the name. At the same time INCREMENT THE VERSION NUMBER (very important -- see below!)

Then you have to repack the APK and sign it (as an APK), which means you need to generate an Android signing key (it can be self-signed though, doesn't have to be an officially-issued one.)

THEN you can convert it.

Note that if you already tried to convert it and it failed you must increment the version number in the APK manifest (*BEFORE* you repack and re-sign it) or the APK to BAR converter will refuse to process it because the signatures are different on the two files.

I had to do this with the ThinkOrSwim app for the same reason.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-25-13 05:57 PM
    Everything seems to be running smooth but apps do not stay running in the background.. you close the active frame and its gone.

I use IMO.IM for my yahoo, google, and aim accounts and with this build when you close the active frame it kills the app.. Needless to say im switching back.. If im missing something please let me know..
    08-25-13 06:02 PM
    Errr read the thread

Spotify, amongst many others.
    Spotify works fine.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 06:05 PM
    Everything seems to be running smooth but apps do not stay running in the background.. you close the active frame and its gone.

I use IMO.IM for my yahoo, google, and aim accounts and with this build when you close the active frame it kills the app.. Needless to say im switching back.. If im missing something please let me know..
    That means you didn't give run when backgrounded permission to the app when you converted it.

Posted via CB10
    SteelGreek likes this.
    08-25-13 06:05 PM
    As good as this update is, those who use Timeplay will lose all your prizes. So don't update if you have lots of prizes!

Ps, this is not a complaint, just a warning

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 06:07 PM
    Loving the new apps and the ones that just run smooth now.

BerryLeaks Presents: Leaked Unlocked Android Runtime-img_00000112.png

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 06:13 PM
    That means you didn't give run when backgrounded permission to the app when you converted it.

Posted via CB10
    Was just about to edit my post that it works great when using a debug token..

I used apk2bar and see now way of setting this flag... Is there another method?

Honestly im happy converting my own apps using the debug method...
    Last edited by SplatHead; 08-25-13 at 06:55 PM.
    08-25-13 06:15 PM
    Great leak!!

But out of all the android apps I've reconverted, one will not load without the debug token: Audible.

I've reconverted a couple of APK Audible files without the token, including the one that does work with the debug token, and this is the error message I get when I try to install the bar file:

failure 500 'Entry-Point-Type

I am able to reload the debugtoken and load the Audible bar file I had converted previously with the token.

Any ideas?
    08-25-13 06:23 PM
    Opera mini no debug!!!!! Yay!!!!

Posted by a Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2 .0.13xx
    How did you get the file to download on your system? It is only giving me the option to install but to a phone that I no longer have anyway but cant even do that because it is "incompatible" with that old phone AND I cant figure out where to delete that phone....
    08-25-13 06:23 PM
    I keep getting "failure 500 cannot determine Package-Id" when trying to load runtime, anything I could/should do?
    08-25-13 06:25 PM
    Has anyone been able to get sling mobile to work on this runtime? If so, a bar would be greatly appreciated (already purchased previously on my prior android phone, fyi).

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 06:28 PM
    does anyone have the instragram .bar working with this android player version?
    I found one on apk2bar.org but when I use the camera it's rotated 90� xD
    08-25-13 06:29 PM
    How did you get the file to download on your system? It is only giving me the option to install but to a phone that I no longer have anyway but cant even do that because it is "incompatible" with that old phone AND I cant figure out where to delete that phone....
    Download Opera Mini web browser - BB10 Bars

Go there to DL the bar file
    08-25-13 06:30 PM
    Thanks guys I got some new, never working before apps to work.

Still not working for me:
    BOA App
    Groupon
    Chrome Browser (Firefox works)
    Sales force Mobile app
    Pandora (opens and runs but no sound, I just use Apollo)
    Spotify (white screen)
    Redbox

I am happy as none of these apps are deal breakers for me. As I just use work around or simply do without.

Posted via CB10
    I was wondering about Pandora I tried it no sound on one channel yet tried another one and I got sound tried a third and no sound went back to the one with sound and no sound again.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 06:34 PM
    I keep getting "failure 500 cannot determine Package-Id" when trying to load runtime, anything I could/should do?
    Did you sideload both files or just one? Try resideloading both files, do a reboot by using the volume buttons, and try again... You are on 10.2 and not 10.1 I'm assuming
    08-25-13 06:34 PM
    Great leak!!

But out of all the android apps I've reconverted, one will not load without the debug token: Audible.

I've reconverted a couple of APK Audible files without the token, including the one that does work with the debug token, and this is the error message I get when I try to install the bar file:

failure 500 'Entry-Point-Type

I am able to reload the debugtoken and load the Audible bar file I had converted previously with the token.

Any ideas?
    just side load your debug token, after that side load the audible app. run it, so you can delete your debug token if you want, it's not important to delete it if it still usefull for you,
    08-25-13 06:35 PM
    what is your OS?
    08-25-13 06:36 PM
    Never mind - figured it out - Thanks SteelGeek, I figured it out before I read your post. I was on Google Play rather than apk2bar.org.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-25-13 06:37 PM
    Where did you get the bar files fr adobe photoshop touch? Been trying to find that.
    Screen shots of what's currently running on my Z10

Attachment 195529
    Attachment 195530
    Attachment 195531

Attachment 195533
    Attachment 195534

I am NOT..repeat, I am NOT using a debug token. Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 06:42 PM
1,625 ... 2829303132 ...