I'm having wifi and battery drain issues with this leak, which I hadn't seen in previous leaks. Instead of the full install, I only installed the changed .bar files in an attempt to avoid the camera issues, and likely botched it.
    10-17-13 12:35 PM
    I'm having wifi and battery drain issues with this leak, which I hadn't seen in previous leaks. Instead of the full install, I only installed the changed .bar files in an attempt to avoid the camera issues, and likely botched it.
    Try downgrading your sys.sysmon bar back to 575 as well. I did and my battery seems to be back to normal.

Of course I'm now running 1791 but I do have the runtime from this leak, and a few other bars from 575. I'm also on a Q10
    LazyEvul and mmcpher like this.
    10-17-13 12:39 PM
    I saw some pretty huge battery drain overnight as well on my Q5. Gonna try downgrading the sys.sysmon file and hope that makes a difference - I'm leaving on a trip tonight and really need the battery to last!

Edit: Discovered another rather troubling issue - if you try to turn off the Mobile Network, it'll show the loading circle but never complete. The Mobile Network seems to turn off though, but there's no way of re-enabling it without rebooting, since all the buttons are greyed out.
    Last edited by LazyEvul; 10-17-13 at 04:03 PM.
    moody likes this.
    10-17-13 01:51 PM
    Try downgrading your sys.sysmon bar back to 575 as well. I did and my battery seems to be back to normal.

Of course I'm now running 1791 but I do have the runtime from this leak, and a few other bars from 575. I'm also on a Q10
    Hi Moody--so what is your setup? .1791 plus what bar files are sideloaded to hybrid it? I'm using .1767 plus contact files from one of those two loads and monitor file from .641. But I'm interested in what others are using. My battery is up an down--one day great and the next not as great, with same amount of use-lol. Also what radio file are you using? thx!!
    10-17-13 05:47 PM
    Hi Moody--so what is your setup? .1791 plus what bar files are sideloaded to hybrid it? I'm using .1767 plus contact files from one of those two loads and monitor file from .641. But I'm interested in what others are using. My battery is up an down--one day great and the next not as great, with same amount of use-lol. Also what radio file are you using? thx!!
    I'm running 1791 with 641 runtime and 575 bars for browser, sysmon and sys.settings. So far been pretty solid. I have had two random reboots over the past two days but I am waiting another day to see if that settles as well. 575 OS I had multi reboots in one day. I think its coming from the runtime because I didn't load it until Tuesday and Wednesday and today I had the reboots. BUT the 641 runtime is soooooo fast with my sideloads.

I have Pandora, Square, Tumblr and Instagram and they are soooo smooth. As a side note thought, I only loaded Instagram to know if it worked as I am helping a newbie with their first loads. And it seems to work fine.
    10-17-13 08:33 PM
    Just noticed few more issues after running this on my z30 for the past few days... they seem to have just appeared too

not sure if anyone had the issue of the blank contacts(seem to be growing longer by the day):

BerryLeaks presents 10.2.1.641 for STL100-2/3/4, SQN100-X, SQR100-X and STA100-X-img_13803519.png

+ Picture thumbnails for most pictures on SD Card not showing up. This includes jpg and png screen shot files.
    + also not able to choose them in Photo editing apps (when it used to work before..). Now it just keeps telling me that the format is wrong
    + unable to connect to wifi at home when my z10 still could

Oh, not sure if it is a UI problem but the top bar in hub is now a nice dark blue...

Posted via CB10
    vanthol likes this.
    10-18-13 12:13 AM
    I remember having the ability to delete messages prior to a certain date, I think it was on the 10.2.0.1725 leaked os. Anyways .1.575 seems to have taken away that feature? Could anyone verify if it was brought back, or tell me if am I tripping. Haha, I need that, I can't just keep highlighting each and every one of them.

Thanks!
    10-18-13 02:27 AM
    Does this leak finally have speed dial from the home screen for the SQN version? Or single key app shortcuts? Been waiting so long for that to make it over to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 06:11 AM
    Does this leak finally have speed dial from the home screen for the SQN version? Or single key app shortcuts? Been waiting so long for that to make it over to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    not yet
    10-18-13 06:48 AM
    I remember having the ability to delete messages prior to a certain date, I think it was on the 10.2.0.1725 leaked os. Anyways .1.575 seems to have taken away that feature? Could anyone verify if it was brought back, or tell me if am I tripping. Haha, I need that, I can't just keep highlighting each and every one of them.

Thanks!
    I have noticed it's not in 575 have to highlight each one than the option to mark as read or delete. I'm sure it will be back.

Sent for my VZW LE using mind control running 10.2.1.xxx while drunk
    Otech#CB likes this.
    10-18-13 10:42 AM
    I'm running 1791 with 641 runtime and 575 bars for browser, sysmon and sys.settings. So far been pretty solid. I have had two random reboots over the past two days but I am waiting another day to see if that settles as well. 575 OS I had multi reboots in one day. I think its coming from the runtime because I didn't load it until Tuesday and Wednesday and today I had the reboots. BUT the 641 runtime is soooooo fast with my sideloads.

I have Pandora, Square, Tumblr and Instagram and they are soooo smooth. As a side note thought, I only loaded Instagram to know if it worked as I am helping a newbie with their first loads. And it seems to work fine.
    Cool! Add the 641 sys monitor bar file and your monitor will really rock--sooo much more info and pie charts on the memory tab. If they keep improving this utility, it's going to put the othe battery/temp type utility apps out of business. I loaded it and it's awesome.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 11:19 AM
    Thanks for reassuring. Yea it definitely needs to come back. That's one of the big features of BB.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 11:29 AM
    This leak has turned out to be pretty stable, after all, and not much of a battery hog.

Waiting for the leak now that is without watermark.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 11:32 AM
    Cool! Add the 641 sys monitor bar file and your monitor will really rock--sooo much more info and pie charts on the memory tab. If they keep improving this utility, it's going to put the othe battery/temp type utility apps out of business. I loaded it and it's awesome.

Posted via CB10
    I did have the sysmon from 641 and my battery drained super fast. Not saying that was why, but when I downgraded back to 575 sysmon, my battery drain went back to normal for me. So, I assume it runs in the background and to make all those graphs causes much more battery usage?
    10-18-13 01:12 PM
    I did have the sysmon from 641 and my battery drained super fast. Not saying that was why, but when I downgraded back to 575 sysmon, my battery drain went back to normal for me. So, I assume it runs in the background and to make all those graphs causes much more battery usage?
    LOL- It was the other way around for me..well kind of. Neither one caused a battery drain for me though I had the 575 sysmon file on top of my 1767, and then saw a screenshot of the charts on 641-- and that was it! Had to have it! I don't know why though, because most of the charts don't make a lot of sense to me.

Do you remember on the Legacy devices that there was an app called "Adv_OS and LED that showed everything including the drain rate per hour, which is what I really want? I've wondered why Sultan (Dev) never created it for BB10 as it was voted the best app in BBW for a couple of years and the support was awesome. Would love to have that one on here.
    10-18-13 01:59 PM
    Do you remember on the Legacy devices that there was an app called "Adv_OS and LED that showed everything including the drain rate per hour, which is what I really want? I've wondered why Sultan (Dev) never created it for BB10 as it was voted the best app in BBW for a couple of years and the support was awesome. Would love to have that one on here.
    One of my all time favorites

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 02:04 PM
    One of my all time favorites

Posted via CB10
    Yep, mine too. I've emailed him (Sultan) a couple of times asking if he was going to release something, but never heard back. He lived in Iraq I believe. I remember last winter or spring, he told me on an email that he'd been working on BB10 and that he couldn't add something I had inquired about, but that was it. Hope he's ok and still rockin' it! Would love to see that app for BB10 devices! So easy to pin point what was sucking battery life and what wasn't. Think I'll email him right now and ask!
    UPDATE: done! Emailed to inquire if and when the Adv_OS would be out for BB10. Hope to hear back and report findings. Have a good weekend!
    toobs623 and SteelGreek like this.
    10-18-13 04:20 PM
    I have taken the runtime from this and loaded into into 1791 - and while it loads, too many sideloads come back with no connection even when their is one.

I suggest that people not try that strategy.

yes - it was a completely new build and load.
    10-18-13 04:38 PM
    Yep, mine too. I've emailed him (Sultan) a couple of times asking if he was going to release something, but never heard back. He lived in Iraq I believe. I remember last winter or spring, he told me on an email that he'd been working on BB10 and that he couldn't add something I had inquired about, but that was it. Hope he's ok and still rockin' it! Would love to see that app for BB10 devices! So easy to pin point what was sucking battery life and what wasn't. Think I'll email him right now and ask!
    UPDATE: done! Emailed to inquire if and when the Adv_OS would be out for BB10. Hope to hear back and report findings. Have a good weekend!
    Let me know if you get any info :-)

Sent from my MB886 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-18-13 06:01 PM
    I have taken the runtime from this and loaded into into 1791 - and while it loads, too many sideloads come back with no connection even when their is one.

I suggest that people not try that strategy.

yes - it was a completely new build and load.
    That's interesting leejayh. I have 6 sideloads that not only load as fast as a "made for BlackBerry " app. Most open faster with this runtime over 1791.

Maybe it's a Q vs Z thing or particular sideloads?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 07:36 PM
    I had a straight 1791 build. Zapped the runtime with the two files.

It runs apps, but the connection is very intermittent. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Can't count in it.

Hope they fix. The runtime is a lot faster

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 07:50 PM
    I had a straight 1791 build. Zapped the runtime with the two files.

It runs apps, but the connection is very intermittent. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Can't count in it.

Hope they fix. The runtime is a lot faster

Posted via CB10
    Try rebooting in airplane mode and see if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 10:08 PM
    I saw another thread, it is app specific. Apparently some of the Android apps implement data connections differently?

Anyway, any smart people know why this runtime is so much faster? Also, as they keep updating the runtime I guess they keep adding new functionality (or perhaps intercepts to program calls) to send them to bb10 functions. Like the fact that the Instagram keyboard is now working.

Can anyone explain how this programming works? It is an interesting topic

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 07:02 AM
    I saw another thread, it is app specific. Apparently some of the Android apps implement data connections differently?

Anyway, any smart people know why this runtime is so much faster? Also, as they keep updating the runtime I guess they keep adding new functionality (or perhaps intercepts to program calls) to send them to bb10 functions. Like the fact that the Instagram keyboard is now working.

Posted via CB10
    It's written in C++ and most peops who understand it are busy writing OS's. LOL

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 11:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes the devs don't even know why something doesn't work until it suddenly starts working again, trust me!

Could be a multitude of reasons. Because there is no Android keyboard, the BlackBerry keyboard has to hook into the OS and pretend to be an Android keyboard. Within this interface there could be many areas where something doesn't exactly replicate what an app expects. It ends up working for 90% of apps, but one app might detect textbox focus differently or add an additional layer to the keyboard that doesn't work with the BlackBerry implementation. It's one of the biggest headaches in development, where something isn't consistently broken.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-19-13 12:03 PM
372 ... 12131415