Can anyone tell me specifically what this means for my contacts? Will they be lost completely?

(when I restore backup from 10.1)
    You can try to do a contacts backup/restore using the FREE ContactsImEx in BBW. If that gets you all your contacts back, then that's the best solution since there are major issues with the whole PIM suite for people using local contacts (as opposed to storing them in the cloud for anybody to access)
    10-08-13 03:04 AM
    Can so body tell me how to update my phone please??? I'm totally lost and I still have the 10.1.0.4200

Posted via CB10
    Add me 2AE0BB56

Posted Via my Q10
    10-08-13 05:09 AM
    If you connect your contacts with a gmail account then you do not lose anything.
    Maybe a stupid question, but how do I know that they are connected?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    10-08-13 05:41 AM
    You can try to do a contacts backup/restore using the FREE ContactsImEx in BBW. If that gets you all your contacts back, then that's the best solution since there are major issues with the whole PIM suite for people using local contacts (as opposed to storing them in the cloud for anybody to access)
    Thanks, I'll do that right now, even though I'm not sure yet to download the leak or not. This comes in handy in any occasion.

10-08-13 05:43 AM

It's not, but don't worry, girls get away with more anyway
    Select a contact and tap on "links". You'll see where that contact is saved. A little bird has told me that you might be able to move contacts to a different "backend" in the near future
    10-08-13 06:02 AM

Open gmail/contacts and look at all the contacts in the list.
    Everything in gmail / contacts change it will change in contacts on the phone, if turned on to sync contacts with gmail account.
    At any time to change the OS only add gmail account and then you have all the contacts in phone.
    10-08-13 06:44 AM
    I did not seem to find this in the forum thread but is anyone having an issue with no TOAST notifications showing with this leak? If so, any suggestions on how to fix? I have checked all the settings and turned on the instant previews.

Any suggestions welcome.
    10-08-13 08:17 AM
    I did not seem to find this in the forum thread but is anyone having an issue with no TOAST notifications showing with this leak? If so, any suggestions on how to fix? I have checked all the settings and turned on the instant previews.

Any suggestions welcome.
    Have you try hard reboot?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:19 AM
    No not yet. Just to add on, I did do a restore after loading the OS. Not sure if that impacts this issue. When you say hard reboot are you talking about battery pull?
    Have you try hard reboot?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 09:20 AM
    No not yet. Just to add on, I did do a restore after loading the OS. Not sure if that impacts this issue. When you say hard reboot are you talking about battery pull?
    Very bad idea. Do a shutdown using the top button, then when fully off you can remove the battery.
    go1ndr and kuler22 like this.
    10-08-13 09:22 AM
    Sorry not make clear to you by pressing vol+/- untill your device off

Posted via CB10
    kuler22 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:25 AM
    Which is better for my Q10 (DAC) guys?
    10.2.0.1767 or 10.2.1.476

Less buggy one? Faster also...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 12:29 PM
    Sorry not make clear to you by pressing vol+/- untill your device off

Posted via CB10
    I think you are supposed to press and hold the volume buttons until the loading indicator starts and then release. Takes about 40 seconds. The battery pull isn't recommended for bb10.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.476
    10-08-13 12:41 PM
    Which is better for my Q10 (DAC) guys?
    10.2.0.1767 or 10.2.1.476

Less buggy one? Faster also...

Posted via CB10
    .1767 is faster and less buggy. I had great battery life with that build to on my Q

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.476
    10-08-13 12:42 PM
    .1767 is faster and less buggy. I had great battery life with that build to on my Q

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.476
    Agreed. If it's his 2nd device though, he could play with the next leak of 10.2.1
    10-08-13 01:04 PM
    "SMPTE-TT subtitle support" can you explain this a bit more? Subtitles in video player or something else?
    10-08-13 02:57 PM
    "SMPTE-TT subtitle support" can you explain this a bit more? Subtitles in video player or something else?
    It's a library which is probably used for displaying closed caption in the media player
    lord_hibiskus likes this.
    10-08-13 03:01 PM
    My restore worked perfectly for the first time with this build. Probably cuz I finally followed the instructions
    That usually helps
    Tecker Man likes this.
    10-08-13 03:25 PM
    It's a library which is probably used for displaying closed caption in the media player
    I tried streaming few movies online, and result is: out of 5 movies 3 opened in browser flash player, and 2 were opened with video player. I got the BB bar below video with options play on ( i was playing via hdmi) and grayed CC icon, so i guess if movie had subtitles it would be possible to use them.
    Btw browser is definatly having issues with flash pages. I am not sure but i think that after watching something in flash window you should click outside of flash window before clicking any other links/options
    10-08-13 05:02 PM
    It's not, but don't worry, girls get away with more anyway
    Select a contact and tap on "links". You'll see where that contact is saved. A little bird has told me that you might be able to move contacts to a different "backend" in the near future
    Don't say that! It's a stupid question for me because I'm not tech savvy, I know much more than people expect from girls

But I kind of figured it was to be found in the links. I thought I had Gmail contacts synced, but I remembered I didn't want that, as I'd get a lot of phone contacts I really wouldn't want.

Alright, just did that and I was right. Damnit.

10-08-13 06:40 PM
    Open gmail/contacts and look at all the contacts in the list.
    Everything in gmail / contacts change it will change in contacts on the phone, if turned on to sync contacts with gmail account.
    At any time to change the OS only add gmail account and then you have all the contacts in phone.
    I did. I hate the fact that I can now delete half of my contacts as I really don't want them in my phone. Oh well. Thanks though

10-08-13 06:42 PM
    Contacts is the worst problem for this leak?

10-08-13 06:42 PM
    I ended up reverting back to .1725 today.. It seems that .476 drops the .bar files for all of the media fixes after about a day. I side loaded them a few times and each time all of the media would work flawlessly. Within a day or so all media functions would start acting crazy. YouTube wouldn't work, pictures taken with the camera wouldn't save, etc. Sideload the .bars and everything works again... odd..

Kind of dissapointed, since other than the media bugs, this OS is pretty rock solid.
    10-08-13 07:59 PM
    Contacts is the worst problem for this leak?
    Just clean / prune your contacts in Gmail. That's all you need to do, once. After that, you end up with a clean contact list you do not have to deal with in the event you lose or change phones. Your contacts will always be stored in the cloud and you can access them from any client. Don't know why anyone would have an issue with this. There is NO problem with contacts in this leak. If you DON'T restore from backups, you will NEVER have an issue. Make sure that all of your data is stored remotely. There are apps and clients that do all of that, easily. You don't have to worry about device backups either --

I've been doing this for a long time through many different BB's and never have any issues with loss of data - or duplication of contacts/e-mails etc...
    10-08-13 08:01 PM
    Just clean / prune your contacts in Gmail. That's all you need to do, once. After that, you end up with a clean contact list you do not have to deal with in the event you lose or change phones. Your contacts will always be stored in the cloud and you can access them from any client. Don't know why anyone would have an issue with this. There is NO problem with contacts in this leak. If you DON'T restore from backups, you will NEVER have an issue. Make sure that all of your data is stored remotely. There are apps and clients that do all of that, easily. You don't have to worry about device backups either --

I've been doing this for a long time through many different BB's and never have any issues with loss of data - or duplication of contacts/e-mails etc...
    App and games data will be saved by Link if I back up, right? I do need to restore a back up if I want this data back. And it will be a back up from 10.1 to a 10.2 leak, I've heard that'll cause problems.

10-09-13 06:39 AM
478 ... 17181920