Will we still be able to download the official OS OTA if it's an older or same version as the leak we're running? Or will the update think we already have the latest and not give the option?

Posted via CB10
    As I understand it, you should be able to load your carrier's officially-released OS with Link. It will load over whatever OS you presently have loaded. Like so many folks here, I've not had an official carrier release since I got my BB10 device, so I can't say for certain that this works. With any luck, we'll find out soon.
    howards likes this.
    10-07-13 10:28 PM
    Did you installl android runtime unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    Yes...what version it's the latest?

From my Q10 and Z10
    10-07-13 11:40 PM
    Yes...what version it's the latest?

From my Q10 and Z10
    If you install android runtime unlocked you wont be able to hide the bar,its permanent bar

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 11:41 PM
    Any of you guys have Skype installed and still have great battery life?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I have it,used it, and still get great battery life. I unplugged at 6 am, a few calls , a ton of texts, some internet. I am now at 12:16AM sitting at 47 percent.
    NOKJAA likes this.
    10-08-13 02:16 AM
    Any of you guys have Skype installed and still have great battery life?

Posted via CB10
    I use skype video calls. Notice battery heating and severe drain - can drop to 65% from full charge in 30 minutes. I use Z10 STL 100-2, OS 10.2.0.1767. Can say 1725 and 1761 weren't as bad for me.
    10-08-13 03:55 AM
    This leak has been exemplary for me. Not one reboot has been required; I've been running it for the last 7 days.

However -- I have yet to be able to get remote file access to work with it. It's the first and only leak that has left me with that problem, but it persists no matter what I do.
    10-08-13 06:42 AM
    We have a Dark Theme in the SMS settings!? This is awesome!

Z10 10.2.0.1767 via CB10
    NOKJAA likes this.
    10-08-13 07:29 AM
    This leak has been exemplary for me. Not one reboot has been required; I've been running it for the last 7 days.

However -- I have yet to be able to get remote file access to work with it. It's the first and only leak that has left me with that problem, but it persists no matter what I do.
    I had problems initially on this as well. I did, and I am sure you did too, remove the device from link on the computer and then re-add and refresh. Then, I reset by device. I went into BB Link on device and turned off both "use mobile network" and "link" itself. Then, I turned on airplane mode. Then reversed the process by turning off airplane mode and after establishing connection toggled on BB Link and use mobile network and all was good..

Whenever I have a RFA problem on this build that usually has resolved it for me.
    10-08-13 09:11 AM
    is it suitable for 64-bit win7?
    10-08-13 10:27 AM
    is it suitable for 64-bit win7?
    Yup
    I'm using Win 7 SP1 64-bit
    10-08-13 11:00 AM
    Yes, I have it,used it, and still get great battery life. I unplugged at 6 am, a few calls , a ton of texts, some internet. I am now at 12:16AM sitting at 47 percent.
    Im jealous...i don't know what went wrong with my Z10.

Everytime I run Skype, System CPU goes up to 70%+.

What's your average power usage during active use? -1.00W?
    10-08-13 02:14 PM
    I haven't had a slow phone using a leak yet.

Posted via my sweet Z10 on the #1 BB10 app!
    10-08-13 03:54 PM
    It's not function...on Skype and Instagram

From my Q10 and Z10
    On skype works I don't know about instagram

If you install android runtime unlocked you wont be able to hide the bar,its permanent bar

Posted via CB10
    What the different between android runtime unlocked and the permanent bar??

I was thinking that they were the same

From my lovely BlackBerry z10
    10-08-13 04:13 PM
    Installed as soon as this leak came out. My battery life on this build has never been awesome--until the last two days. Then out of the blue, it was running all day with min-moderate use and great results. I unplugged it at 7am yesterday and when I plugged it back in the charger at 11:30 PM last night, it still had 47% left (Battery Guru and BaSA). Today not so good again. I unplugged it at 7am and currently at 2:20pm I only have 60% left, with moderate to slightly heavy usage. All emails/texts/one download. So, no reason one way or the other, but from what most say the battery life should be really good, so I'm hanging in there. BTW, I have all the sync, etc turned to manual so it's not syncing for different programs alll day long. Still, it's a great Leak and I'm keeping it until something really better comes along. Like 10.3 --LOL
    10-08-13 04:27 PM
    Anyone on this leak able to access app permissions? When I try to it says there are no apps to manage. This is a little disheartening. Thanks
    10-08-13 04:36 PM
    Anyone on this leak able to access app permissions? When I try to it says there are no apps to manage. This is a little disheartening. Thanks
    I can on my Z10 -3
    10-08-13 05:06 PM
    I have no issues with app permissions--other than my hub constantly shows I need to update one of them (mostly PC permissions for Link). I know this is a stupid questions but are you trying to access them from "Settings>Security and Privacy>Application Permissions". I've seen posts saying they tried to see them on the hub or under accounts and couldn't. Otherwise, the install may be corrupted or if you restored and didn't wipe prior to the restore, that could have corrupted it.
    10-08-13 05:36 PM
    I have no issues with app permissions--other than my hub constantly shows I need to update one of them (mostly PC permissions for Link). I know this is a stupid questions but are you trying to access them from "Settings>Security and Privacy>Application Permissions". I've seen posts saying they tried to see them on the hub or under accounts and couldn't. Otherwise, the install may be corrupted or if you restored and didn't wipe prior to the restore, that could have corrupted it.
    Yes, I'm going thru settings. Everything else with the build works beautifully, just can't manage my app permissions. Thanks for the reply
    10-08-13 06:11 PM
    Noticed a really rather annoying bug yesterday - the Contacts app seems to, completely randomly, unlink contacts from other contacts they're linked to. Not all of them, and not all the time - I can't seem to find any definitive pattern to it, as I could swear the links have survived reboots in the past, and it appears to apply to Facebook, Twitter, and even BBM links. I'll try rebooting later to see if it triggers it again.

Posted via CB10
    Just an update on this bug - tried giving it a reboot earlier, the contacts stayed intact. No idea what's causing it to happen.
    10-08-13 06:52 PM
    Just reflashed this build and noticed that it no longer has a software release version associated on Telus with a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:15 PM
    I am having major over-heating problems with this build. Battery life is terrible. Not sure if others are having this issue - but i am going to have to roll back. Not sure what they changed in just 6 build revisions - but it is bad.
    How long have you had it up?? Did you security wipe did you restore. This one has been great for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:16 PM
    Im jealous...i don't know what went wrong with my Z10.

Everytime I run Skype, System CPU goes up to 70%+.

What's your average power usage during active use? -1.00W?
    Are you using BlackBerry World Skype or android version skype

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:18 PM
    Are you using BlackBerry World Skype or android version skype

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry World

Which one is better?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:20 PM
    On skype works I don't know about instagram

What the different between android runtime unlocked and the permanent bar??

I was thinking that they were the same

From my lovely BlackBerry z10
    If u using the android runtime that comes with this os is locked runtime but you can hixe the androiid bar,,
    Android runtime unlocked is with permanent bar

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:27 PM
    Just an update on this bug - tried giving it a reboot earlier, the contacts stayed intact. No idea what's causing it to happen.
    Hey Lazy--did you restore after the download/install? If this continues to happen, you may want to do a clean OS install and wipe and not restore. I've always restored at least settings but this last time I did an install/wipe, then restored from a clean back up and still some issues with contacts being stuck in the "dark" theme and not allowing toggling back and forth--and with that it also does not allow me to turn off other sources of contacts that, like you, I've linked and shouldn't have to have turned on as I'm using BBLink contacts only. I may do a clean-no-restore on my next leak, as much as I hate it, just to see it that helps. Keep updating this as you know as well as I, that someone else on here has the same problem. Always looking for a good fix to these issues.
    Thanks and Good Luck!
    10-08-13 07:28 PM
1,062 ... 3536373839 ...