**** , I barely got a BB OS 10.2.0.1761 already installed as the new dropping out.
    This time, I'll pass and stick on hold ...
    09-29-13 02:32 PM
    OK loading this when I get home.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-29-13 02:40 PM
    Got it loaded still checking things out but seems good so far.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 02:40 PM
    I'm still on 10.1, and now that I decided to use 10.2 I get 8.5 KB/s, on a 100mbit internet. Dammit!
    09-29-13 02:41 PM
    Got this up and running on my Z10, a few observations so far:

-There's a software release number on my STL100-3 on Telus (10.2.0.415)
    -Initial setup has a few minor animation stutters to fix with the loading circle (usually when loading the terms and conditions). The WiFi also takes a little while to find networks, but that's not a big deal.
    -If you turn on the "Find additional contact details" in the Contacts app before adding any accounts, it will pull contact photos from Gravatar. This has probably been there for some time, but I've never tried enabling that setting before adding accounts.
    -Accessing the settings in the Search app (from the top bezel) is still buggy, you might need to exit and re-enter before some of the options appear. Works just fine through the actual Settings app however.
    -Accessing the Help app via any other app (from the top bezel) still quite buggy, the phone seizes up for a couple seconds while the app loads.
    -If you lock the phone in an app, and then go to unlock it, as you swipe up the screen will remain black until you finish the unlock gesture. Same bug was present in .1725.

I was a bit more cautious with how I added my accounts this time, so there may still be more bugs in the Contacts app in regards to loading contact photos, but I waited for all the Facebook photos to sync before I added my Twitter account - didn't want to end up with a mess of photos like I did on .1725.

Otherwise the OS seems pretty rock-solid. Not entirely sure it's worth an upgrade over .1725 however, as it doesn't seem to have fixed any of the bugs I saw before, and .1725 was every bit as snappy. Nevertheless, thanks for the leak!
    09-29-13 02:41 PM
    Seriously enuf with the squircles. Gets old

Posted via CB10
    You need to relax more and just enjoy the leak. His posts don't hurt anyone.

Posted via CB10, Come visit my Channel, Time Keepers, International: C001231EA
    Pdinos3 and in_loco_nomen like this.
    09-29-13 02:48 PM
    Device: Q10 T-Mobile-US
    Device Model: SQN100-5
    Issue/Question: Power/lock button does not work. When I press and hold the lock button(top) the screen that shows the shutdown-countdown and the other options for restart and cancel do not appear. This screen does not show on any 10.2 leak for me but the 1323 leak. I have tried them all. I have tried toggling settings, reboots, etc. This screen simply doesn't appear. It isn't an issue with my device's button either as the top power/lock button turns the phone on no problem when the phone it off.
    What action caused the issue?pressing the top power/lock button
    What did you try to resolve the issue? reboot, changed display and other settings multiple times on multiple 10.2 leaks.

help

Does anyone know which file (.bar) controls this behavior? Why would it work on 1323 leak and not any others. Do any other Q10 owners have this problem?
    mathieualexandre likes this.
    09-29-13 02:50 PM
    Got this up and running on my Z10, a few observations so far:

-There's a software release number on my STL100-3 on Telus (10.2.0.415)
    -Initial setup has a few minor animation stutters to fix with the loading circle (usually when loading the terms and conditions). The WiFi also takes a little while to find networks, but that's not a big deal.
    -If you turn on the "Find additional contact details" in the Contacts app before adding any accounts, it will pull contact photos from Gravatar. This has probably been there for some time, but I've never tried enabling that setting before adding accounts.
    -Accessing the settings in the Search app (from the top bezel) is still buggy, you might need to exit and re-enter before some of the options appear. Works just fine through the actual Settings app however.
    -Accessing the Help app via any other app (from the top bezel) still quite buggy, the phone seizes up for a couple seconds while the app loads.
    -If you lock the phone in an app, and then go to unlock it, as you swipe up the screen will remain black until you finish the unlock gesture. Same bug was present in .1725.

I was a bit more cautious with how I added my accounts this time, so there may still be more bugs in the Contacts app in regards to loading contact photos, but I waited for all the Facebook photos to sync before I added my Twitter account - didn't want to end up with a mess of photos like I did on .1725.

Otherwise the OS seems pretty rock-solid. Not entirely sure it's worth an upgrade over .1725 however, as it doesn't seem to have fixed any of the bugs I saw before, and .1725 was every bit as snappy. Nevertheless, thanks for the leak!
    I think this maybe a change on purpose to ensure no password-less peeking of one's phone?
    kuffkuff likes this.
    09-29-13 02:53 PM
    I think this maybe a change on purpose to ensure no password-less peeking of one's phone?
    It makes sense when the password lock is actually on, but it seems redundant if I don't have to enter a password to finish the gesture - which I don't. I have a password enabled, but it only locks it after 30 minutes of inactivity. Until it actually locks it, this change doesn't seem to serve any useful purpose IMHO, as you could just finish the gesture and access whatever you like from there anyways.
    09-29-13 02:59 PM
    Thanks guys!

STL100-2 OS10.2.0.1767. Wipe, no restore.
    09-29-13 03:04 PM

I understand but I come on here to read reviews and get useful feedback. I just read everything on all forums and this seems to be the topic. Funny how BBOS has so many issues that need fixing and they complain the most about this. Sorry if u felt offended. Just trying to figure if this leak is worth it from 1761

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and timeride like this.
    09-29-13 03:10 PM
    This will probably be the last new Leak I load for a while. I wanted to stay on the previous version but I accidentaly changed some Android settings. I do enjoy the steady Leaks, but if this is the 'stable' release it seems to be, it should work out. I will keep an eye on new Leaks of course, if the versions change a lot I will take another shot.
    One thing though: ever since the .1443 Leak+ I have not been able to get Remote File Access to work over 3G/external Wifi, anyone else experience this? I don't think it is a router setting, because it does work on my home-Wifi, but I am not sure what else to try.
    _____
    Some people complain about apps not working from 2.3.3 to 4.2.2: it is not that simple. It seems to me, that when apps are updated to work on the newer runtime they mostly use different versions, altered interfaces and such. In some cases this apparently means apps no longer work properly in the 'sandboxed' environment, because of different settings in the 4.2.2 runtime. It is probably not something BB will 'fix', unless those settings are needed for developers to port and test their apps.
    09-29-13 03:10 PM
    Yes you can load the unlocked runtime if you so choose.

Posted using mind control app on my BerryLeaks Q10 running 10.2.0.xxxx while drunk
    It's all working now, but I had to reinstall the unlocked Android runtime after having installed it prior to restore.

I did the OS autoload, then wiped, then sideloaded the unlocked runtime, then sideloaded all my Android apps, then restored all app, media and settings, etc. The Android apps would not run--I just got the blue horizontal left to right loading bar on all of them. I did a hard reboot a couple of additional times. Still no luck. So I re-sideloaded the unlocked runtime, did a hard reboot, and now my Android apps are all running and retained their data from before. I've never had to re-reload the unlocked runtime before when upgrading the OS. All's well that ends well, I guess. (Does Shakespeare still have a copyright going on that one?)

Also, I'm confirming that the Docs to Go is working again, that is, the keyboard works, as has been reported previously.
    wikison likes this.
    09-29-13 03:21 PM
    I understand but I come on here to read reviews and get useful feedback. I just read everything on all forums and this seems to be the topic. Funny how BBOS has so many issues that need fixing and they complain the most about this. Sorry if u felt offended. Just trying to figure if this leak is worth it from 1761

Posted via CB10
    But seriously. Why no squircle?

Posted via CB10
    in_loco_nomen and jon4400 like this.
    09-29-13 03:23 PM
    Loaded the 1743 leak last night (wanted a working Docs2Go). So far so good (thanks to the BL team and the other leakers and helpers)! Looks like we are close to an official release, so I'll see how close we are next weekend before trying a new leak.

Would really like to see the expanded dropdown settings menu (with airplane mode, etc) in the official release. Also happy with the choice for light or dark backgrounds -- I actually prefer the light one for contacts and calendar.
    09-29-13 03:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:30 PM

BUT getting VERY tiresome... It has NOTHING to do with the functionality of the software; if only her/his/their comments stayed within their squircles thread.
    habs_fan likes this.
    09-29-13 03:33 PM
    Thanks for the leak BL appreciate all you do!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:34 PM
    Think I will pass this one by

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe Josh can help as to why... he's the champion of the squircle movement ha

Posted via a Verizon Z10 on 10.2.0.1725 (pure) thru CB10. My channel: c0004f9bb
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    09-29-13 03:38 PM
    Hi all,

First of all apologies if this has been answered before but im a complete and utter noob to installing leaks on the BB10 platform. Used to install alot of leaks on my old but gold 9900.

Anyhow i understand that you need to backup your data etc through Link, which i can do without any problems.
    My question is that once ive installed the leak, wiped the phone as instructed via the wiki page, when i go to restore my data from the backup, will that restore my whatsapp conversations, emails and sms messages. Also am i going to have to re-download all the apps i had on my device before the install and finally but not least, all my settings within the phone, will they be fully restored or will i have to re-set them up again??

Again apologies if this has been answered, ill be honest i dont really come in here all that much but im now getting itchy to try out a leak and see how it goes.

Any advice would be much appreciated and please dont shoot me
    09-29-13 03:38 PM
    Great job as always BerryLeaks. Installing now.
    09-29-13 03:40 PM
    Ghrrrr...
    Unfortunately this update fails for me. Z10 can't see and index files on my SD card. Hard reset didn't help. Seems I have to downgrade
    09-29-13 03:40 PM
    As with the previous two leaks, the camera on this build does not include the face focus feature from 10.2.1.200. The bar file for this camera works perfectly if side loaded after initial setup. Thanks Blackberry Leak Team!
    09-29-13 03:41 PM
    You may have gotten a bad download of the file. My phone does not exhibit this problem. Running a STL100-3 on the AT&T network.
    Ghrrrr...
    Unfortunately this update fails for me. Z10 can't see and index files on my SD card. Hard reset didn't help. Seems I have to downgrade
    09-29-13 03:43 PM
1,062 ... 45678 ...