Hi, i think we are not discussing who built the OS. we discuss about the thread poster if possible moderate the thread to help the tester read Q n A each release.
    Edited, reposted.
    08-29-13 02:42 AM
    I understand that, but i'm just saying that the thread poster is just the person who gives us the leak, so he is not related to it and therefore I believe that he might not be interested (as BerryLeaks is a part-time job) to spend his spare time moderating pages of "does.... work? " "how to install instagram?' etc. (i'm not saying that he should answer, but only selecting the pertinent questions is a hard job, especially with a so enthusiastic comunity ) .

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 02:50 AM
    Waiting for a more stable version but I've downloaded and seeding this for you guys.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 02:56 AM
    Aha... i got your point... So everybody has to responsible by their own when Trying the leaks and wasting time to read all posting.

Put another words in Disclaimer :
    Do Not complain on each problem you had and this leaks can caused your wasting time

Peace

I understand that, but i'm just saying that the thread poster is just the person who gives us the leak, so he is not related to it and therefore I believe that he might not be interested (as BerryLeaks is a part-time job) to spend his spare time moderating pages of "does.... work? " "how to install instagram?' etc. (i'm not saying that he should answer, but only selecting the pertinent questions is a hard job, especially with a so enthusiastic comunity ) .

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 02:57 AM
    Aha... i got your point... So everybody has to responsible by their own when Trying the leaks and wasting time to read all posting.

Put another words in Disclaimer :
    Do Not complain on each problem you had and this leaks can caused your wasting time

Peace
    Mainly, yes. They do offer improvements, but they can also cause several problems, and as it is not a fully-tested os no one could say what issue you might find (for exemple, I had duplicate contacts on an older 10.1 leak, while everybody else's phones were ok) .
    But n my case, I can deal with the issues (which are sometimes very rare - no problem for me on this leak except the Google Chrome phone reboot problem).

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 03:02 AM
    YAL? (Yet Another Leak)

Well, I guess 1371 is not old enough yet - I never posted in the last thread though I upgraded, guess this evening I will have something to do. (And I can at least download the leak via a fast connection at University.)
    08-29-13 03:08 AM
    Noticed this in previous leaks. If you go into app manager you see a bunch of apps started - now for most it makes sense. Why though are facebook, foursquare and blackberry bridge autostarted?
    How can this be altered?
    Dont use foursquare at all and theres no point in using bridge unless you have a playbook yes?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 03:10 AM
    Hi Wu-Wei,

I dont intend to offend you and other, i am very appreciated with your time to make this build.

What i mean with wasting time, every leaks came up. We have to read hundred and thousand posting with repeated question from CB member.

Installing the OS only need 5-10 minutes but everybody will try and wasting their time and effort for it to see the third app works or not.

Since this forum for discussion, i believe some has to become a thread moderator so all the questions about this release and the new tester can read the problem and solving without reading all posting. You have done in the first post but not updated with other question and answer in pages. Resuming the Q & A will help tester to decide to use the leaks or not.

Once again, i am not offend you. It is very helpfull for what you have done and other. But the most important thing is Why BB developer working so slow on developing OS. BB OS 10 already far behind from An*roid and i*S. They have to catch up and hire your team to speed up the development.

Cheers
    I was certainly not offended, so no apologies are necessary.

I completely understand and agree about repetitive questions clogging up the threads, and with a multitude of new OSes clogging up the forum in general. However, the response we get shows an intense interest in running the "latest and greatest" in terms of BlackBerry 10.

I absolutely do not want anyone to get the impression that I want to stifle conversation on things. That is the beauty of a forum discussion.

Many members of our team have some very good ideas on (1) app development and (2) general business directions we would suggest for BBRY. So far, there haven't been any conversations that would get our thoughts in front of anyone there.

Thanks for responding, and for your patience in here. I am coming to realize that I have a tendency to encourage thread derailment, so I am going to leave this alone for now and let the thread discussion focus on the newly leaked OS instead.
    Mecca EL and ioansuhov like this.
    08-29-13 03:11 AM
    Noticed this in previous leaks. If you go into app manager you see a bunch of apps started - now for most it makes sense. Why though are facebook, foursquare and blackberry bridge autostarted?
    How can this be altered?
    Dont use foursquare at all and theres no point in using bridge unless you have a playbook yes?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Those processes would be started to listen for updates and announce them in the Hub. I delete apps I don't use, so those never show up for me.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-29-13 03:13 AM
    Has anyone's CB app become leggy when scrolling through the forums?

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure if this is the same thing, but I reload the CB app each upgrade, because scrolling to the bottom of a page in 1047 caused the page to jump to the next page. Reloading stopped that. I just automatically reloaded it. No more problems. I have to reload the side loaded apps anyways.
    08-29-13 03:19 AM
    I have an ethical obligation to hide certain things on behalf of my clients.

Regardless of that, though, I was intrigued by the suggestion that the Security Wipe would accelerate hardware fatigue/failure..purely from the perspective of someone who very frequently loads new OSes.
    In reality - all RAM has a lifespan and especially the sort needed to act as a file-system (like on an SSD disk, for example) . It can only support so many writes before it wears out. For our purposes, though: The wear-out time is measured in hundreds or thousands of writes and would normally take a couple of years - long after you've upgraded to the Z3000 or whatever is out there a couple of years from now.

PS: On SSD based Windows Systems the OS will automatically disable "defrag" and similar commands because 1) there's no point as there are no heads to move and 2) it wears out the memory.
    I was joking a bit there..
    it is almost 2 by me and I am a few whiskeys in doing my second install so bear with me haha
    I can understand that, I am the same with my contact lists for some of my clients also. Hence why I try not to cloud certain ones or let my list get "sent out to be fixed" as one of the freebie apps offered to do for me one time...
    you are kind of on a path of a question I actually have about this...
    is there a "limit" to how many times we can flash these phones with new updates before we effectively kill off its lifespan?
    I know in some of our cars, they say there is pretty much a 15-20 limit of module updates for the life of the computer (depending on the module)... I know I have done at LEAST a dozen of these on my Z and it just popped in my head.
    1) High density FLASH NAND memory and not RAM.
    2) Minimal single page endurance is 5000 writes (actually erases are count, you need to write whole page to be counted as write)
    3) Page size varies in sizes of few kilobytes.
    4) FLASH memory controller detects non functional pages and disables them. So no impact on functionality, but number of useful pages to write is reduced. Does not impact reading, can read unlimited times.
    OK, A few thoughts here.

First - and this is 100% my fault - we are taking this discussion WAY beyond the focus of this thread, which is the newly leaked OS. I, for one, am going to close this topic for now because it is so far OFF-topic. My apologies for derailing things.

Second, considering what I was asking about (and my hopes that I display some degree of technical knowledge) I am well aware of the fact that all electronics have a lifespan/MTBF/what-have-you. My interest was solely in finding some documentation that correlated the Security Wipe with the DoD standard, or that at least detailed the exact process. I do appreciate the discussion on those points though.

Third, I did not intend to imply that my clients have anything nefarious to hide - only that I am duty-bound to honor their confidentiality. And I knew you were joking mopar_fxr, I was joking right along with you but I have a very dry sense of humor at times.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled program...
    jakie55 and mopar_fxr like this.
    08-29-13 03:21 AM
    This may end up being a shaggy dog story, so please ignore the ramblings of one of the senior set. I previously moved from the 10.1 to 10.2.1047. I had backed up with LINK (such a pain), and restored. I added the 810 runtime, and totally enjoyed the token free sideloading of the few android apps I use. I then did the non destructive sideloading of 1371, with the new open runtime. again, an easy process, with great results. This time, I decided to do a fresh install of 1443. I was going to do it clean, and reinstall all my apps. All started well, but I screwed up the twitter account info, and things seemed to lock up and I could not reinstall it. I then did another security wipe, and did a restore of the apps, media, and settings. (I used Sachesi (?sp) this time, and it was MUCH less painful. One of the benefits for me was that I forgot that I moved my ringtones from the sd card to device memory, and lost them all, until I did the restore.(WHEW) The battery got very warm during the original install, wipe and restore, but quickly cooled down. It seems to be working fine, and the side loaded apps are working fine. I am very pleased with this leak. One advantage, which in honesty I do not use much, is I now have mobile hotspot signing on, without the rigamarole required under 1047. If these upgrades all add to the experience, and add further functionality, I can hardly wait for the official 10.2 OS!!! YMMV
    Last edited by jakie55; 08-29-13 at 03:42 AM.
    VeniceBB, Mecca EL and wu-wei like this.
    08-29-13 03:29 AM
    That what I really like on XDA or similar forums, which posting custom Android builds (Cyan...). The OP is constantly updated when some problems or features discovered in the ongoing thread.
    They have to..... If you've ever installed a Cyanog you know just how good these leaks are in comparison
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-29-13 03:42 AM
    It's alive, thanks BerryLeaks. I'll deal with the runtime and sideloads later today, now for some sleep.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 03:55 AM
    Most problems are due to restore , still don't understand why people want to restore so badly, I always start clean, and have my phone running like before within 10 min

Posted via CB10
    All those restore issues some people have make me wonder what the heck you're all putting on your devices Yes, it takes a little bit of time but I haven't had trouble doing my restore. Got everything working that I use and I haven't lost my in-app data such as lists on lazy lists, game progress, passwords in password manager... For me it's still worth the restore
    What she said. For some apps, the only way to avoid setting them up all over after every wipe is to back them up and restore later.

Yeah. 10.2 (for me) is the ONLY reason I still have my Z10. (my reasons)

-Improved Copy/Paste
    -Toast notifications (text/email/bbm msgs pop up at top of screen allowing to reply or go to the msg)
    -i think (on this latest 10.2.0.1443) i have a couple updated/better default tones
    -Performance is better for me
    -Sideloaded Unlocked Andomroid Runtime, allows Instagram v4.1.2 works (almost) perfectly

Posted via CB10
    FIFY

Will do all of that and report back

Home Internet connection is excellent.

By unreliable, I mean cap shoot when out and about. On wife at home, it's been bullet proof.

Posted via CB10
    Oh my.
    08-29-13 04:01 AM
    I think we need developers to make headless apps first.
    But what's about Blackberry's apps first? even the baked on ones...
    08-29-13 04:02 AM
    Device: Q10
    Device Model: SQN100-3
    Issue/Question: When making and receiving calls the earpiece has no audio, mouthpiece works, calls work completely normal while using speakerphone.
    What action caused the issue?: Anytime I make a call
    What did you try to resolve the issue?: Tried reboot, battery pull, restore OS

Thank you!!
    08-29-13 04:11 AM
    Anyone like this vs 10.1? What's your fav feature that 10.1 don't have

Posted via CB10
    Toast notifications.

Posted via CB10
    bluegreen1965 likes this.
    08-29-13 04:11 AM
    You can look at this for side loading:
    Chrome Side Load Method
    There are other methods.

Tethering is easy. Make sure you have an appropriate data plan, turn on wifi hotspot from settings, go to the device you want to tether and connect to the network.

If old apps don't work there is nothing you can do until the developer updates their app. Seeing as 10.2 will be out shortly this shouldn't be too much of an issue for often updated apps.

Do not do any of this without reading A LOT. It is important that you know what you are doing. I suggest you check out the threads stickied to this sub forum and the wikia. Use the search button heavily. Don't be afraid to ask questions but try to make sure they are not easily findable answers.

Good luck.

BerryLeaks
    Thanks a lot, installing the new leak now
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-29-13 04:25 AM
    Install was easy, did not do backup from .1371 (although tempted). Whatsapp seems to finally work as it should and I have a software version showing under "Info->OS" .

Next days will show how this baby handles.
    08-29-13 04:32 AM
    DID I just See START FRESH.....oh Well I love leaks a lot But due to the "start fresh" I think i'll pass ....prolly another leak might just TURN UP

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 04:33 AM
    Device: Q10
    Device Model: SQN100-3
    Issue/Question: When making and receiving calls the earpiece has no audio, mouthpiece works, calls work completely normal while using speakerphone.
    What action caused the issue?: Anytime I make a call
    What did you try to resolve the issue?: Tried reboot, battery pull, restore OS

Thank you!!
    Can you plug in your headphone and press the volume buttons to see if it is accidentally turned down? Your headphones use a different volume setting that you can only access when it is plugged in and I've had it happen that I had accidentally turned it all the way down, resulting in not hearing anything.

From your post it wasn't clear if you're using a wired headset or a bluetooth one. In case it's a bluetooth headset, let us know. I don't have a bluetooth headset so I can't test that, but one of my fellow team members might be able to help you then
    Angus Wong 1 likes this.
    08-29-13 05:01 AM
    does hotspot work on this build ?
    08-29-13 05:22 AM
    Stupid and annoying question that i ask at any leak :

- Spotify NO DT
    - Instagram 4.1.2 NO DT
    - PayPal NO DT

Any chances? Thx for anyone that will take some time to reply.
    08-29-13 05:24 AM
    I understand that, but i'm just saying that the thread poster is just the person who gives us the leak, so he is not related to it and therefore I believe that he might not be interested (as BerryLeaks is a part-time job) Posted via CB10
    I understand this and appreciate what they are doing.
    I only stated that what is done on other forums and seems useful to me.
    In any way I'm not asking to adopt this on CB.
    08-29-13 05:25 AM
1,575 ... 2526272829 ...