What do u mean by custom sound profiles ?

As I have tons for everything. Not sure exactly what u meant.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    The ability to create custom sound/ringtone profiles like we had in OS7.x. I could create, rename, and delete sound profiles as I wished.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 02:04 PM
    Guys, I need to eat my words this time. Due to some scheduling conflicts the hangout has been postponed until tomorrow, 12PM EDT
    12p CST, 1pm edt

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 02:10 PM
    Z10/at&t

STL 100-3/1371leak

Question. I am running a clean install of 1371. Manually added and side loaded apps and contacts. Everything works including Facebook check in. Has anyone loaded 1443 and did a restore from 1371 and have everything work including Facebook check in. Searched but could not find this scenario.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 02:17 PM
    Leak is great. Location services doesn't "know" when to be on or asleep like some of the other leaks but all in all A+..

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 02:39 PM
    Guys, I need to eat my words this time. Due to some scheduling conflicts the hangout has been postponed until tomorrow, 12PM EDT
    Not your fault. I changed it last minute, things came up

Posted Via Q10 running 10.2.0.xxxx | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    08-31-13 02:42 PM
    Yes, the suggested way to install OS updates on old BB phones was to completely remove all code from the phone. That way there was no chance that something got left over from the old code when you installed the new code.
    It works different on BlackBerry 10. It put the old OS to temporary storage in case of failure (couple of unsuccessful boots) it falls back to the old one. So actually the new OS is not updating the old one, but installs side by side. however with wipe you guarantee nothing unnecessary will stay on the phone.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-31-13 02:43 PM
    The ability to create custom sound/ringtone profiles like we had in OS7.x. I could create, rename, and delete sound profiles as I wished.

Posted via CB10
    Well. I can create ring tone put them on phone or download them. And use them for all apps including DROID as well as all contacts and BBM groups separately. So again. Not sure why u can't.

Unless I'm reading into this wrong what ur prob is.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    08-31-13 02:49 PM
    Well. I can create ring tone put them on phone or download them. And use them for all apps including DROID as well as all contacts and BBM groups separately. So again. Not sure why u can't.

Unless I'm reading into this wrong what ur prob is.

I think he want to create more profiles than actually provided. You can't.

08-31-13 02:53 PM
    Also calendar notifications don't seem to be working all the time

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 02:53 PM
    I think he want to create more profiles than actually provided. You can't.

OK. Then what's left? Only one that u can't change is sms for individual contacts

08-31-13 03:07 PM
    Back to 1047. Now I also notice that 1047 is smoother and faster than 1443. And of course the battery is much better with 1047. Main reason to go back.

1323 was the smoothest and fastest until now.

STL2 OS10.2.0.1047. Wipe, no restore
    BB12MX likes this.
    08-31-13 03:12 PM
    Thanks for providing such a detailed description of just what steps you have taken to get everything up and running. Just a few more questions; what happens when you try to open your sideloaded apps? Do they open and close? Do you get a black or white screen, a loading bar? Is there any sideloaded app that does work?
    Naah, none of them work anymore. Before this install, I had the following working fine:
    Racingmoto, Google Maps, Fruit Ninja, Temple Run 1 & 2, Subway Surfer, Candy Crush Saga, Biker Race Free, Diamond Dash, Cut The Rope - Time Travel and Speedtest.

Now whenever I try and open any of them, the screen goes black for like a millisecond and then the app exits (no error, no loading bar, nothing)
    I feel bad to let go of this build because it's so damn spiffy and smooth, but this is my primary device and I do like having Maps and Subway surfer on it. I can live without the others though
    08-31-13 03:17 PM
    Thanks for providing such a detailed description of just what steps you have taken to get everything up and running....
    Well, how else would you know what is causing my problem
    I see a lot of people come here to the forums and say "XYZ doesn't work on this leak"

I also read through each post and try and search before I post a question (which is probably evident by the fact that I have only 32 posts ), well 33 if you count this one

I am only helping you help me , it's still selfish in the end!!!
    08-31-13 03:22 PM
    Naah, none of them work anymore. Before this install, I had the following working fine:
    Racingmoto, Google Maps, Fruit Ninja, Temple Run 1 & 2, Subway Surfer, Candy Crush Saga, Biker Race Free, Diamond Dash, Cut The Rope - Time Travel and Speedtest.

Now whenever I try and open any of them, the screen goes black for like a millisecond and then the app exits (no error, no loading bar, nothing)
    I feel bad to let go of this build because it's so damn spiffy and smooth, but this is my primary device and I do like having Maps and Subway surfer on it. I can live without the others though
    Did you convert these bars yourself with a debug token for use on the previous OS? If you did, you need to convert the apk's to bar without the debug token to use them because that could be causing the issue
    08-31-13 03:36 PM
    Did you convert these bars yourself with a debug token for use on the previous OS? If you did, you need to convert the apk's to bar without the debug token to use them because that could be causing the issue
    No conversion (that would entail having some technical experience ). I just plain old downloaded them when I heard about the unlocked runtime, and they worked perfectly on that one. I just want to know what the best way to sideload the unlocked RT is. If any of the steps I have outlined earlier are faulty, I am willing to go back and try a step-by-step. Apparently, in pervious posts, and also in the Original Post, you guys have mentioned that loading the unlocked RT on top of this leak will ensure the same behaviour as a plain old unlocked RT, right? I just want my unlocked RT back :'(
    08-31-13 03:50 PM
    Bcc is not a good practice for sending emails. If you want to be sneaky forward it separately. I don't see any reason when you need to send a bunch of emails with Bcc and can't reveal who else will receive it.
    If this wasn't the feedback you were looking for, sorry.

Work related. Have no time to send same inquiry several times to different people. Time consuming. That is the way we work.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1443
    08-31-13 03:53 PM
    Back to 1047. Now I also notice that 1047 is smoother and faster than 1443. And of course the battery is much better with 1047. Main reason to go back.

1323 was the smoothest and fastest until now.

STL2 OS10.2.0.1047. Wipe, no restore
    Very interesting, although I don't know that that is the general experience.

I'm still on 1047 (OS and radio) with Wu-Wei's 1443 apps overlay, and it's running very smoothly, including the Android apps with the unlocked Android bar installed. There's no way for me to know if a pure 1443, using the autoload file, and the unlocked Android bar would work as well or maybe even better, without going through the whole process. On the other hand, it's hard to imagine how things could be much improved over what I have now. (Maybe the 1 hour option to revert to the lock screen, and BB Protect staying on after a reboot.)

I'm inclined to wait for the next leak and a couple days of comments.
    08-31-13 04:16 PM
    Additional comment, I'm one if the few that restoring with link always works. Really.. this time restore worked but BlackBerry World doesn?t recognize that I have apps already. Minor thing.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 04:49 PM
    Additional comment, I'm one if the few that restoring with link always works. Really.. this time restore worked but BlackBerry World doesn?t recognize that I have apps already. Minor thing.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah known bug with restores. If you click install the app it will fix it

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 04:58 PM
    That's been a known issue with leaks for a while... the solution is just to re-install via App World so you get upgrade notifications.
    08-31-13 05:03 PM
    That's been a known issue with leaks for a while... the solution is just to re-install via App World so you get upgrade notifications.
    Perfect, thanks. This was the first time that I've experienced it .. 1/10 is a pretty good ratio

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 05:15 PM
    No conversion (that would entail having some technical experience ). I just plain old downloaded them when I heard about the unlocked runtime, and they worked perfectly on that one. I just want to know what the best way to sideload the unlocked RT is. If any of the steps I have outlined earlier are faulty, I am willing to go back and try a step-by-step. Apparently, in pervious posts, and also in the Original Post, you guys have mentioned that loading the unlocked RT on top of this leak will ensure the same behaviour as a plain old unlocked RT, right? I just want my unlocked RT back :'(
    so if you start from scratch and have the stock locked runtime, and youve downloaded and unzipped the 2 bars for the new unlocked runtime, then you sideloaded these bars using playbook app manager or ddpb, remember you do not need to uninstall original bar files from the old runtime. So after those two files are loaded, hard reboot your phone using the volume keys ( if not on stl100-1) and hold for almost 40 seconds until blue bb loading square. Now make sure the apps you're sideloading are the latest and you can get them from goodereader ( click on apk to bar converter) or the site apk2bar.org or even bb10bars.net . after their downloaded and sideloaded restart again and then try. You may have to try different bars sometimes for the ones that work. learned that from mecca_el!

Edit: i also waited 30 minutes after bootup before i opened any sideloaded apps
    ghundiraj and anon721037 like this.
    08-31-13 05:18 PM
    so if you start from scratch and have the stock locked runtime, and youve downloaded and unzipped the 2 bars for the new unlocked runtime, then you sideloaded these bars using playbook app manager or ddpb, remember you do not need to uninstall original bar files from the old runtime. So after those two files are loaded, hard reboot your phone using the volume keys ( if not on stl100-1) and hold for almost 40 seconds until blue bb loading square. Now make sure the apps you're sideloading are the latest and you can get them from goodereader ( click on apk to bar converter) or the site apk2bar.org or even bb10bars.net . after their downloaded and sideloaded restart again and then try. You may have to try different bars sometimes for the ones that work. learned that from mecca_el!

Edit: i also waited 30 minutes after bootup before i opened any sideloaded apps
    Can't be on STL100-1 with 1443, or if so, I want it. NOW!

toobs623 and mopar_fxr like this.
    08-31-13 05:22 PM
    OK. Then what's left? Only one that u can't change is sms for individual contacts

No, they want to add to the list of profiles, like Normal, Vibrate Only, Silent. BBOS had the option to create Custom Profiles.

BB10, sadly does not. Notification management is sorely lacking, relative to BBOS.

BerryLeaks co-founder | myver
    moyah8 and PJD642 like this.
    08-31-13 06:48 PM
    This leak is the best leak ever

Played temple Run 2 for hours, had a few phone calls and was constantly on WhatsApp.

I have had the phone off the charger for 10 hrs and I have still got 30% left on the batrery

Posted via CB10 using Z10 running OS 10.2.0.1443
    08-31-13 07:17 PM
1,575 ... 4445464748 ...