without. just the bbm from the leak. no downloads yet
    That's the problem.
    08-30-13 08:45 PM
    Lmao. Jerk

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    08-30-13 09:09 PM
    Thank you VeniceBB , and the Leak team for this one. Congrats on your first leak Venice BB. I loaded it the other day but have just been so busy, but did not want to forget to say thank you..........so thank you! Thanks also for all the help and suggestions. So glad I stuck with BB.
    toobs623, Mecca EL and VeniceBB like this.
    08-30-13 09:40 PM
    I have a question about updating with a leaked version of 10.2.

when I used to have an android phone, u had to root it in order to get an os that was not available at the moment for your phone. But the cons of that action was that you were not able to download official updates releases.

is it the same for blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 09:40 PM

when I used to have an android phone, u had to root it in order to get an os that was not available at the moment for your phone. But the cons of that action was that you were not able to download official updates releases.

Posted via CB10
    No. These OS' are signed and built by BlackBerry. You do not need root access to load them. If your carrier was to release a higher version you would still be notified.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and jakie55 like this.
    08-30-13 09:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    If an official update is available that is a later version than the 10.2 leak you're running at the moment, then you can update to it.
    08-30-13 09:44 PM
    People who have email problems setting up accounts. Do this

When u go to accounts in settings. Then click on add account. Then THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART! Click on the advanced immediately from there. NOT like some have mentioned from after the password screen. That way doesn't work.

Then just click on what type service u want. For ex: choose Gmail if u want Gmail. Then go thru advanced setup by just entering ur preferred display name, user name (which is full email address). Then the next line which is also email address. Then choose which sync interval you want. And done.

That us when it will take you to the other screens for accept and password then done.

Trust me. We have all tried this on the team and we have all the types of accounts. And this is what worked best.

Every other way for some of us didn't work. Only this way.

For example: when I first setup mine. I went thru the easy wizard way. And it set up. But come to find out later that the sending of emails was broken. And all the deleting and re adding thru wizard didn't work to fix. Only going thru the advanced right from start does the trick.

Good luck.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    Thanks! Worked like a charm. My gmail wasn't sending, and this method fixed it
    Mecca EL and bluegreen1965 like this.
    08-30-13 09:46 PM
    Thank you VeniceBB , and the Leak team for this one. Congrats on your first leak Venice BB. I loaded it the other day but have just been so busy, but did not want to forget to say thank you..........so thank you! Thanks also for all the help and suggestions. So glad I stuck with BB.
    It's post like these that make me very happy. Not just yours, but those from anyone who sticks with BB, who sees a great future with 10.2 and who takes the time out to share that belief. Thank you
    08-30-13 09:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    No. Rooting is not even an option on BlackBerry as it can not be rooted.

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx on steroids
    08-30-13 09:56 PM
    Are you admitting that you're using a PEL (performance enhancing leak)?
    jakie55 and Wigley458 like this.
    08-30-13 10:12 PM
    Just got my 1443 installed. It's fine now. All of my accounts are good.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 10:23 PM
    Are you admitting that you're using a PEL (performance enhancing leak)?
    Well, but of course.

mopar_fxr likes this.
    08-30-13 10:28 PM
    I have a "new" used Z10 which I haven't put a SIM card in yet. Figured I would play around with the leak before I load data etc. I wrote down all the programs that came with the phone (10.1.0.2019 - OK, I am not sure if that was the release or the version). I found that print to go and newsstand were not included in the leak but Evernote was.

I looked for print to go in Blackberry World but a search turned up nothing. BB's web site says it comes standard on the Z10. How do I get it back? Same deal for newsstand.
    Download any of the 10.1 os, and use this to extract the files you're looking for: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-tools-824364/
    08-30-13 10:49 PM
    Just want to ask.
    can we install the latest BB 10.2 SDK OS offered by Blackberry through there official site on my Z10 and continue to use it like normal os ???
    08-30-13 11:19 PM
    Just want to ask.
    can we install the latest BB 10.2 SDK OS offered by Blackberry through there official site on my Z10 and continue to use it like normal os ???
    Define "normal OS". If you're fine with no social accounts, alarms, Remember, BBM voice/video, universal search, etc., then 10.2.0.1445 is viable. If (likely) not, then don't load it.
    08-30-13 11:24 PM
    I missed that one, what's the "Wigley way"? Reason I ask is I use Google 2-step on all my gmail accounts and haven't run into any problems.

Posted via CB10
    Can you describe, step by step, in great detail, how you did that? I can't get the account configuration to save my smtp username, and so I can't send gmail. I used the *exact* same method on this leak that I used on the previous one, and it doesn't work on this leak. As much detail as you can stand, please
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-30-13 11:37 PM
    Define "normal OS". If you're fine with no social accounts, alarms, Remember, BBM voice/video, universal search, etc., then 10.2.0.1445 is viable. If (likely) not, then don't load it.
    Thanks you cleared my doubt !!
    08-30-13 11:37 PM
    Thanks you cleared my doubt !!
    It also is derived from 1443 anyways. There is no difference besides a hold candidate for developers to use for their software. Stated in the op of the leak of that software. There is no difference in the files so no real point besides have the highest biggest number... so unless you are in a whizzing contest why bother?

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-30-13 11:40 PM
    should or should not???

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:03 AM
    should or should not???

Posted via CB10
    Should or should not what? Walk the dog? Take the kids to the park?

jakie55 and moyah8 like this.
    08-31-13 12:07 AM
    if your talking about pointless posts "not"
    if talking about installing os "should"
    should or should not???

Posted via CB10
    BB12MX likes this.
    08-31-13 12:22 AM
    Was from .1074 and my issue with whatsapp not showing some contact names seem to have disappeared with this build and my previous problems with signing into my facebook account for sideloaded apps seem to be resolved too.
    08-31-13 01:03 AM
    Think I seen this reported earlier but on
    Q10 SQN100-2 Verizon

I'm no longer getting the alerts when a calendar event happens. Reminders work fine, the events show up on the lock screen fine as well.
    Resetting and deleting and re-adding the account no luck. Is there a new setting perhaps that enables this?

Posted via CB10
    Saw that someone replied telling you to side load the bar from 1371 but I had 1371 and was still having this issue. Downloaded the 1443 bar files and thought it was resolved but it hasn't worked since my initial test reminder. Even when I make a completely new appointment, it doesn't go off. Did you restore? Did you wipe before (and/or after) loading this OS? I was going to try wiping and then loading the entire 1443 to see if that helps but if you didn't restore AND you wiped, I'm not sure it'd be worth it for me. :-/

Edit:
    Ok for my calendar issue and alerts not showing up, it appears to only be for meeting/events that came from the restore. I created a new one and it alerted me five minutes before actually time. Gonna try deleting the account then do a hard reset then re-add and see if that works won't know til tomorrow morning when my next event kicks off.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, so you DID restore. Def let us know if more than one appointment works after you re-add the account! :-) I've had one work on both 1371 and 1443 and then none after, lol.

Posted via CB10 on my AWESOME Z10! *BerryLeaks Nation* STL 100-4 now running: 10.2.0.1371
    08-31-13 01:16 AM
    Anyone else of the leak team any feedback or suggestions ?

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1443
    Bcc is not a good practice for sending emails. If you want to be sneaky forward it separately. I don't see any reason when you need to send a bunch of emails with Bcc and can't reveal who else will receive it.
    If this wasn't the feedback you were looking for, sorry.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    pvhunt, anon721037 and kfroese like this.
    08-31-13 01:56 AM
    I have a "new" used Z10 which I haven't put a SIM card in yet. Figured I would play around with the leak before I load data etc. I wrote down all the programs that came with the phone (10.1.0.2019 - OK, I am not sure if that was the release or the version). I found that print to go and newsstand were not included in the leak but Evernote was.

I looked for print to go in Blackberry World but a search turned up nothing. BB's web site says it comes standard on the Z10. How do I get it back? Same deal for newsstand.

Check out my signature. I still have both apps you mentioned.

My advice is to backup your phone then install the leaked OS. Do a security wipe then do a fill restore.

Posted via CB10 using Z10 running OS 10.2.0.1443
    08-31-13 02:15 AM
1,575 ... 4243444546 ...