I'm into my 5th hour on 10.2.0.1443, I have had to keep the phone plugged to keep a charge. once I disconnect the power source I can watch my battery power decrease to nothing in a matter of a half hour (100 to zilch) Is anyone else having this issue?
    08-29-13 09:49 PM
    Device: Q10
    Model: SQN100-1
    Issue/Question: After upgrading my Q10 from 1323/1157 hybrid with 1371 bars to 1443 and doing a restore I no longer have an SMS sub-folder within the hub.

I can see my texts (new and restored)in the top level folder of the hub however.

Has anyone seen this and now how to fix.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 09:59 PM
    I'm into my 5th hour on 10.2.0.1443, I have had to keep the phone plugged to keep a charge. once I disconnect the power source I can watch my battery power decrease to nothing in a matter of a half hour (100 to zilch) Is anyone else having this issue?
    Try a hard restart holding down both volume keys until BlackBerry boot up screen like 40 seconds

Via CB10 Rockin 10.2.0.1443 and proud member of "The Squircle of Trust" Group
    08-29-13 10:01 PM
    When in doubt, hard reset....no doubt.
    08-29-13 10:03 PM
    What do you use to backup your contacts? I've been using Google sync and its worked out fine so far, but I don't know if that will be affected by the contacts bug.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    I will apologize in advance for this one, it's a bit long.
    My main email is yahoo, but anytime I did a sync they either doubled or get messed up plus anytime I added in the phone it would NOT add to acct.
    I found that Gmail actually has a very user friendly contacts section for editing them all... ie duplicates, merge, etc etc. So I grabbed contact x, exported all to a file on computer and then made a new Gmail acct and loaded the file into Gmail and ONLY sync contacts to phone. Gmail two way syncs also. I also on computer sync contacts on Gmail to yahoo and do NOT sync yahoo contacts to phone.
    I know, it seems like a lot but it let me keep my yahoo and and not have to worry about missing or corrupt contacts.
    Another way I keep from needed restore

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    08-29-13 10:10 PM
    Sending log files to BlackBerry about a function NOT working on a leaked (non official) OS is not the smartest thing to do.

C'mon people let's use our heads here, it's a leak, it will have issues. If the issue is something you have to have fixed roll back to an older OS, do NOT send logs and report issues to BlackBerry...SMDH

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx on steroids
    Not to worry. Came home and all was working normally

RFA is working. Not sure why.

It did appear to be a bbid problem tho.

Cleared all devices from Link (again), got a bbid server error, logged out of bbid and back in again, and... magic

All of this in link. Never touched the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 10:14 PM
    Ouch. Google down... is there a nuclear war going on?

Posted via CB10
    Must be

BerryLeaks
    08-29-13 10:24 PM
    Not to worry. Came home and all was working normally

RFA is working. Not sure why.

It did appear to be a bbid problem tho.

Cleared all devices from Link (again), got a bbid server error, logged out of bbid and back in again, and... magic

All of this in link. Never touched the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Further confirmation that Link is the source of countless problems.

Shame that it has turned out to be The Weakest Link in an otherwise outstanding mobile computing experience.
    billsterjito likes this.
    08-29-13 10:40 PM
    Further confirmation that Link is the source of countless problems.

Shame that it has turned out to be The Weakest Link in an otherwise outstanding mobile computing experience.
    THAT, sir, is a mouth full of truth.

I filled out the recent Beta Zone survey ref link. I'll leave it with the statement that I don't think BlackBerry doubts my ability to be honest. Backed up all statements with direct experience.

"Weak link" was coined a few times by me there.

We want our DM 10.x dammit...

Posted via CB10
    tryfe, billsterjito and wu-wei like this.
    08-29-13 10:46 PM
    couldn't agree more!

BB10, Z10
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-29-13 10:55 PM
    Anyone else experience slow start up times with the browser? When I tried to start the browser through the icon it just sat at a black screen I did a soft reset (holding down the top button) and it did the same thing but this time closed itself. Next I tried opening it via a link in an email this seemed to fix it but it took about 2 seconds for it to open up.

Also this build seem to be a slight bit slower than 1323 My device is Q10 SQN100-2 other than that things seem to be fine restored fined all email accounts appear to be working only been running for about an hour though.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 10:58 PM
    Anyone else experience slow start up times with the browser? When I tried to start the browser through the icon it just sat at a black screen I did a soft reset (holding down the top button) and it did the same thing but this time closed itself. Next I tried opening it via a link in an email this seemed to fix it but it took about 2 seconds for it to open up.

Also this build seem to be a slight bit slower than 1323 My device is Q10 SQN100-2 other than that things seem to be fine restored fined all email accounts appear to be working only been running for about an hour though.

Posted via CB10
    This one DEF needs to sit a while. It took mine about two hours to start to learn how to walk again... now it's running all over the place. let it do it's thing. Also, try and let it open an android app... just let it do it's deal. it will be a LONG time for the blue bar of loading but once it gets its bearings it flies after that

Posted via CB10
    SteelGreek likes this.
    08-29-13 11:00 PM
    Hi. Skype, Line, Viber and Ephone work very good! I installed Viper and line via BAR files.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, can you advise which skype version you use? Sideloaded?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 11:04 PM
    I'm on STL100-4 and side loaded the unlocked android RT. Having the same problem. Did not do a restore from backup. I searched the thread and found no solutions yet, anyone?
    I sideload the settings bar from 1371 and all is fine now.
    But battery performance in this build is not as good as in 1371. I'm Thinking of downgrading

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 11:07 PM
    I'm over 24 hrs in since I have upgraded to 1443 OS and my battery life is really good.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 11:09 PM
    After reading all of the positive comments, the negative ones I concluded might have issues that might not affect me, I took the plunge at 11:30am or so this morning- conclusion?: Of the 2 10.2 releases I've tried, this one may be a keeper. I had to return to 10.1.0.1487 which was perfect for me- from a previous 10.2 leak- this one- fabulous so far.

Process- Backup all, backup contacts with contact, close BB Link, shut down Z10, pull sd card- invoke the autoloader, boot up- and load- when done- Secure wipe, shut down-load sd card- and boot up- rename phone as needed, =- set airplane mode, re-load available apps from BB world where I FIRST logged on to BB world- downloaded and installed the app- Side loaded the others (DBBT method- stock locked android runtime)., shutdown/reboot - DONT TOUCH for min 5 min- then restored settings only followed by restore of data and apps.. all flawless- temp never over 78.... Whenever possible, plugged in for battery charge especially when downloading the apps! Of course it was 4:30 or so! Email accounts, while not asking me to reset- I just edited them with the password- saved- all working including exchange

Results- all apps, data and email account are fine- side loaded fine- some didn't run at first- then settled in and are running without any more lag ( I haven't rebooted) .... VERY happy so far- battery at 33% - temp 77.

So, like I would expect, the batter use will take some time to settle down- but s far- so good.- stay tuned-----

UPDATE- Woke up with a full charge- of charger at 6:30- by 9, down to 77%- Temp remains at 77 degrees- so its still settling in- all software working- fine- still looks like a keeper.

Update 2- 36 Hours now- temp is low- battery now settled in ! (Pic) gallery isn't working- 3rd party app- may not be 2.0 ready- re-loaded twice- but stock is working- no biggee- so far all others are fine too- still a keeper- stay tuned
    Last edited by fjfisher601#AC; 08-31-13 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Update
    SteelGreek likes this.
    08-29-13 11:32 PM
    this is by far the best bb10 os i've used so far.. with tutorials for non-crackberry users.. this would've saved a lot of returns i heard about from old coworkers
    08-29-13 11:38 PM
    Hi folks.

I know this has been discussed in various threads, and I've tried everything I've come across to see if that helps but to no avail.

I'm on my third or fourth leak of 10.2 now and every time everything works fine apart from losing data connection / limited wifi every two or three hours. The only cure is a reboot.

Reverting back to any 10.1 version completely eliminates the problem so it's definitely related to 10.2 somehow but I am completely stuck.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I go back to 10.1 again?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1443
    Anyone?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1443
    08-29-13 11:43 PM
    Anyone?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1443
    Bueler?
    Sorry,
    Anyways.
    If you are going to take the time to revert, try reloading this os without a restore (assuming you previously restored)
    I had a few quirks when I attempted a restore for the first time in a long time, reloaded os (no wipe) and now everything is all peachy.

Posted via CB10
    nikgilbe likes this.
    08-29-13 11:47 PM
    Hi folks.

I know this has been discussed in various threads, and I've tried everything I've come across to see if that helps but to no avail.

I'm on my third or fourth leak of 10.2 now and every time everything works fine apart from losing data connection / limited wifi every two or three hours. The only cure is a reboot.

Reverting back to any 10.1 version completely eliminates the problem so it's definitely related to 10.2 somehow but I am completely stuck.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I go back to 10.1 again?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1443

Anyone?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1443
    I know you've said you've tried everything but does that include a security wipe before or after loading the OS and also starting fresh, with no restore?

Other than that, I've got nothing for why you'd be having this issue with just 10.2...
    nikgilbe likes this.
    08-29-13 11:54 PM
    I know you've said you've tried everything but does that include a security wipe before or after loading the OS and also starting fresh, with no restore?

Other than that, I've got nothing for why you'd be having this issue with just 10.2...
    Same... gotta be a restore. try the 1371 build. Strong radio.

Does it only happen on Wifi.... or on aa single router, or on cellular?

BerryLeaks
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    08-29-13 11:56 PM
    installed this almost exactly 24 hours ago. Coming from .1047 which I thought was the most stable 10.2 build with the best battery life. This new OS though is better! Sideloaded instagram, google maps, temple run, candy crush, #square and photoshop expres - All working flawlessly! For the first time though, i didn't do a restore. decided to do everything from scratch which took a while. I'm a little OCD so I tried to re-arrange all my folders exactly how they were before lol. But I digress. Battery life has been BETTER than .1047. I didnt think it was possible but they managed to do it. I worked 8 hours today - started with 50% battery- and by the end of my shift I got the "battery below 10%" notification. On .1047 I was getting a little over 8 hours with a full charge. Os is smooth and fast. I noticed launching apps is a lot quicker. Not really any changes i've spotted. There are new notification sounds but i'm sure someone mentioned that already. Overall, this is probably the best 10.2 leak so far. "probably" because I haven't tried all of them.

This one is mostly Speed, fluidity and battery life! I recommend loading this one!!
    P.S. Idk if Blackberry has people checking these forums (i hope they do) but please bring back the loading circle/animation from .1047.
    Last edited by coldfir3; 08-30-13 at 12:28 AM.
    jakie55 likes this.
    08-30-13 12:16 AM
    We can only leak what we have access to. We simply do not have access to that many STL100-1 builds. There has been at least one occasion where STL100-1 was the only variant that got a leak. The BerryLeaks Team is not singling out this particular variant. In fact, we have a few members who, as -1 owners, share the frustration of so many others. As soon as we have something for the -1 crowd, it will be posted. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    TIL wu-wei doesn't know how to multi quote.
    08-30-13 12:35 AM
    Device: Z10
    Model: STL100-2
    Issue/Question: Manual IP in wifi settings doesn't work, I can press save, save and connect, connect as much as I want the Z10 doesn't react.
    bluegreen1965 likes this.
    08-30-13 01:27 AM
    I have been unable to send email on this load. I tried deleting and reading the accounts. Anybody else?

Attachment 196994

Posted via CB10

People who have email problems setting up accounts. Do this

When u go to accounts in settings. Then click on add account. Then THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART! Click on the advanced immediately from there. NOT like some have mentioned from after the password screen. That way doesn't work.

Then just click on what type service u want. For ex: choose Gmail if u want Gmail. Then go thru advanced setup by just entering ur preferred display name, user name (which is full email address). Then the next line which is also email address. Then choose which sync interval you want. And done.

That us when it will take you to the other screens for accept and password then done.

Trust me. We have all tried this on the team and we have all the types of accounts. And this is what worked best.

Every other way for some of us didn't work. Only this way.

For example: when I first setup mine. I went thru the easy wizard way. And it set up. But come to find out later that the sending of emails was broken. And all the deleting and re adding thru wizard didn't work to fix. Only going thru the advanced right from start does the trick.

Good luck.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    08-30-13 01:35 AM
1,575 ... 3536373839 ...