I've been waiting for this to update my Q10. First I'll give it a day or two on my Z10 on WiFi to see how ActiveSync works. I've been having some issues.
    08-29-13 01:13 AM
    well, downloaded 10.2.0.1443 for STL100-2 .

seem my phone become slow and android apps a bit slow and study

battery backup same as last OS
    08-29-13 01:15 AM
    I think someone has something to hide

kidding

maybe
    I have an ethical obligation to hide certain things on behalf of my clients.

Regardless of that, though, I was intrigued by the suggestion that the Security Wipe would accelerate hardware fatigue/failure..purely from the perspective of someone who very frequently loads new OSes.
    08-29-13 01:19 AM
    I forgot to respond to the Viber question.

I am currently running a sideloaded debug token conversion of 3.1.1.

I will note, however, that it was behaving oddly on my previous installation (which was a beastly Frankenstein thing based on 1371 radio and all kinds of different bar versions). Basically, I sideloaded the exact converted bar I am using now, and all was running fine in Viber: I could see my contacts, was able to send and receive, etc. Then I added a different runtime and the wheels fell off. I suspect that was the main issue, but what I saw was similar to what others were reporting - namely that Viber could no longer access my contact info, no matter what I did permission-wise.

Anyway, long story short, I installed 1443, sideloaded the unlocked runtime, then sideloaded all of my converted apps (as I have stated here and elsewhere many times, I still use the debug token method), and Viber is running just fine again.
    So, do calls on Viber work for you? They don't work for me on my Q10 on 10.2.0.1323 with unlocked runtime.
    08-29-13 01:23 AM
    Did everyone install the Unlocked runtime over this one?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 01:24 AM
    All of those that wanted to wait to install this....Sorry you waited- this is it!.....All my programs work..Facebook, Need For Speed Undercover, Nova 3, Angry Birds Space, and Angry Birds Star Wars...all email accounts work, and all the lock screen notifications.Sound Hound...all of my contacts are there. I restored installing Application Data first, then installing the other two files secondly. No sideloading at all. All this fresh out of a clean install of 1443 after a security wipe. ( I made sure to change my phone's name I gave it after the wipe, and after the install.)
    Can't ask for more...Even does NOT have the water print numbers, as do the betas!!)
    08-29-13 01:31 AM
    So, do calls on Viber work for you? They don't work for me on my Q10 on 10.2.0.1323 with unlocked runtime.
    Good question - I've never tried. I will coordinate with my one and only Viber contact and report back.
    08-29-13 01:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope!
    08-29-13 01:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm actually running the stock 10.2.0.97 runtime. I have no objections to token signing, and the few Android apps I use (MEGA, Kobo, Netflix 1.8 and Steam) work fine on either.
    08-29-13 01:38 AM

Regardless of that, though, I was intrigued by the suggestion that the Security Wipe would accelerate hardware fatigue/failure..purely from the perspective of someone who very frequently loads new OSes.
    In reality - all RAM has a lifespan and especially the sort needed to act as a file-system (like on an SSD disk, for example) . It can only support so many writes before it wears out. For our purposes, though: The wear-out time is measured in hundreds or thousands of writes and would normally take a couple of years - long after you've upgraded to the Z3000 or whatever is out there a couple of years from now.

PS: On SSD based Windows Systems the OS will automatically disable "defrag" and similar commands because 1) there's no point as there are no heads to move and 2) it wears out the memory.
    08-29-13 01:40 AM

I was joking a bit there..
    it is almost 2 by me and I am a few whiskeys in doing my second install so bear with me haha
    I can understand that, I am the same with my contact lists for some of my clients also. Hence why I try not to cloud certain ones or let my list get "sent out to be fixed" as one of the freebie apps offered to do for me one time...
    08-29-13 01:40 AM
    A lot of my sideloaded apps crash when I try and restore such as viber and Instagram and Google keyboard does not work. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 01:44 AM
    In reality - all RAM has a lifespan and especially the sort needed to act as a file-system (like on an SSD disk, for example) . It can only support so many writes before it wears out. For our purposes, though: The wear-out time is measured in hundreds or thousands of writes and would normally take a couple of years - long after you've upgraded to the Z3000 or whatever is out there a couple of years from now.

PS: On SSD based Windows Systems the OS will automatically disable "defrag" and similar commands because 1) there's no point as there are no heads to move and 2) it wears out the memory.
    you are kind of on a path of a question I actually have about this...
    is there a "limit" to how many times we can flash these phones with new updates before we effectively kill off its lifespan?
    I know in some of our cars, they say there is pretty much a 15-20 limit of module updates for the life of the computer (depending on the module)... I know I have done at LEAST a dozen of these on my Z and it just popped in my head.
    08-29-13 01:52 AM
    this is the best leak for me so far lol.
    08-29-13 02:01 AM

1) High density FLASH NAND memory and not RAM.
    2) Minimal single page endurance is 5000 writes (actually erases are count, you need to write whole page to be counted as write)
    3) Page size varies in sizes of few kilobytes.
    4) FLASH memory controller detects non functional pages and disables them. So no impact on functionality, but number of useful pages to write is reduced. Does not impact reading, can read unlimited times.
    08-29-13 02:01 AM
    Looks like I was wrong. Thanks for the link. I stand corrected.
    08-29-13 02:02 AM
    The question is why not install this ish right here? It's newer. that's the best reason in the world for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 02:10 AM
    Would I be bragging if I told you I'm getting 3.3mb per second on MEGA?
    Maybe.. Would it be bragging if I told you I got over 4 and I consider that slow? :-P

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 02:11 AM
    Hi Wu-Wei,

I dont intend to offend you and other, i am very appreciated with your time to make this build.

What i mean with wasting time, every leaks came up. We have to read hundred and thousand posting with repeated question from CB member.

Installing the OS only need 5-10 minutes but everybody will try and wasting their time and effort for it to see the third app works or not.

Since this forum for discussion, i believe some has to become a thread moderator so all the questions about this release and the new tester can read the problem and solving without reading all posting. You have done in the first post but not updated with other question and answer in pages. Resuming the Q & A will help tester to decide to use the leaks or not.

Once again, i am not offend you. It is very helpfull for what you have done and other. But the most important thing is Why BB developer working so slow on developing OS. BB OS 10 already far behind from An*roid and i*S. They have to catch up and hire your team to speed up the development.

Cheers

Sigh.

We don't write the OS.

If you can point me to an official OS that is completely free of bugs, please do so. Very often leaked OSes become carrier-approved "official" versions.

It's fine if you don't want to install them ahead of time. No worries here.
    MrRJ and nemo7 like this.
    08-29-13 02:11 AM
    Is the contacts duplicates still occur on this leak...anyway thanks for all of your hardwork to release this os...

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 02:18 AM

You have done in the first post but not updated with other question and answer in pages. Resuming the Q & A will help tester to decide to use the leaks or not.

Cheers
    That what I really like on XDA or similar forums, which posting custom Android builds (Cyan...). The OP is constantly updated when some problems or features discovered in the ongoing thread.
    08-29-13 02:22 AM
    If this things can show up in CB, CB will be much better for OS or Hardware Review.
    Resuming Q n A and links will very much help the tester. This moment seems a little bit messy

That what I really like on XDA or similar forums, which posting custom Android builds (Cyan...). The OP is constantly updated when some problems or features discovered in the ongoing thread.
    08-29-13 02:26 AM
    The difference is that on xda and other android custom roms forums is that the creator of the op is also the creator of the os, so he/she is fully responsible of the os (as it has been adapted/coded/built etc by him). It is the developer's work and it is logical that he will try to improve it; while speaking of BlackBerry leaks, they are not built by the BerryLeaks team, they only provide a newer os version (without them being the people who create it).

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-29-13 02:31 AM
    For the ones who complain about too many posts: installing leaks do require some time. If you are really busy you should not want to change the official os or after installing a stable leak, you should skip 2-3 leaks, as there are no earth-to-moon differences

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 02:33 AM
    Hi, i think we are not discussing who built the OS. we discuss about the thread poster if possible moderate the thread to help the tester read Q n A each release.

The difference is that on xda and other android custom roms forums is that the creator of the op is also the creator of the os, so he/she is fully responsible of the os (as it has been adapted/coded/built etc by him). It is the developer's work and it is logical that he will try to improve it; while speaking of BlackBerry leaks, they are not built by the BerryLeaks team, they only provide a newer os version (without them being the people who create it).

Posted via CB10
    sergey_IL likes this.
    08-29-13 02:35 AM
1,575 ... 2425262728 ...