I have a question, I loaded the unlocked runtime but did not remove the files already with the OS, is that fine or to make the unlocked runtime work I have to remove the files.
    That is fine, just make sure to reboot so it kicks in.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10 | Member of BerryLeaks | STL100-4 10.2.0.1xxx
    08-29-13 12:27 AM
    Dear All,

I tried the Unlocked Android Runtime with this leak. Keeps crashing almost all the Sideloaded Android Apps. I wanted to revert back to the original Android Runtime. Can someone please extract the 2 Android runtime 10.2.0.76 which originally came with this leak?

Appreciate It !!!

Warm Regards,

Younus
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    08-29-13 12:27 AM
    No one responded to person that said the stuff about the wipe and the iPhone and stuff.

Is any of that post true?

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS 1323 | Squircle of Trust Co-Founder
    I thought wu-wei did.

Wipe...iPhone...stuff. I don't know. Maybe I did respond.
    08-29-13 12:28 AM
    I have a question, I loaded the unlocked runtime but did not remove the files already with the OS, is that fine or to make the unlocked runtime work I have to remove the files. What version of viber and Skype would work with the unlocked runtime, many thanks again for your great work guys.
    no, you are fine, you do NOT have to remove the old runtime. it will just overwrite the existing. The first application with the new runtime (After hard reset with volume buttons) will seem to take FOREVER though. This appears to be normal, so dont worry. As for viber and skype. The bb app world skype has been working fine for me ( on a Z, I hear Q does not) so I will have to option to punt on the what apks work for that.
    08-29-13 12:29 AM
    Scroll contacts to the top and pull down again and you see your total number of contacts.

Still no create group option :-(

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 12:29 AM
    Wipe...iPhone...stuff. I don't know. Maybe I did respond.
    You did but you asked for more information.

What is KB?

08-29-13 12:30 AM
    You did bit you asked for more information.

What is KB?

Knowledge Base. BlackBerry articles that explain things/ acknoweldge issues, give work arounds/ fixes...

08-29-13 12:31 AM
    well, appears as if you got me another 45 mins... mega finally finished downloading (knew I should have jump drived that before I left work) for round two... this time, no backups. Back to normal for me!
    08-29-13 12:33 AM
    Knowledge Base.

The short hand kills me. All the tech stuff defaults to DoD right? So the KB is theirs?

Edit: with regards to the security aspects of the technology

08-29-13 12:34 AM
    does the apple have two holes drilled in it?? hmmmmm???
    No one hole with the worm in it.

anon721037 likes this.
    08-29-13 12:35 AM
    Sorry if someone already asked! Will there be new leaked with the built-in Unlocked Android Runtime?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 12:39 AM
    I have a question, I loaded the unlocked runtime but did not remove the files already with the OS, is that fine or to make the unlocked runtime work I have to remove the files. What version of viber and Skype would work with the unlocked runtime, many thanks again for your great work guys.
    no, you are fine, you do NOT have to remove the old runtime. it will just overwrite the existing. The first application with the new runtime (After hard reset with volume buttons) will seem to take FOREVER though. This appears to be normal, so dont worry. As for viber and skype. The bb app world skype has been working fine for me ( on a Z, I hear Q does not) so I will have to option to punt on the what apks work for that.
    I forgot to respond to the Viber question.

I am currently running a sideloaded debug token conversion of 3.1.1.

I will note, however, that it was behaving oddly on my previous installation (which was a beastly Frankenstein thing based on 1371 radio and all kinds of different bar versions). Basically, I sideloaded the exact converted bar I am using now, and all was running fine in Viber: I could see my contacts, was able to send and receive, etc. Then I added a different runtime and the wheels fell off. I suspect that was the main issue, but what I saw was similar to what others were reporting - namely that Viber could no longer access my contact info, no matter what I did permission-wise.

Anyway, long story short, I installed 1443, sideloaded the unlocked runtime, then sideloaded all of my converted apps (as I have stated here and elsewhere many times, I still use the debug token method), and Viber is running just fine again.
    08-29-13 12:39 AM
    Has anyone's CB app become leggy when scrolling through the forums?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 12:40 AM
    Sorry if someone already asked! Will there be new leaked with the built-in Unlocked Android Runtime?

Posted via CB10
    I think it is fair to say that is incredibly unlikely. Probably impossible.**

**Unless BBRY decides to follow some of the business advice I was offering to my fellow BerryLeaks team members the other day.
    olllllo1978 and TTBGF like this.
    08-29-13 12:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    No

08-29-13 12:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Leggy?

"Mrs. CB10, you're trying to seduce me..."
    PJD642 likes this.
    08-29-13 12:42 AM
    Leggy?

"Mrs. CB10, you're trying to seduce me..."
    Leggo my eggo *****

Posted Via Q10 running 10.2.0.xxxx | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    pili4 and anon721037 like this.
    08-29-13 12:43 AM
    I think the issue with the runtime is that the guy responsible for that particular project is the same guy running the STL 100-1 department.

trinichindian likes this.
    08-29-13 12:44 AM
    The short hand kills me. All the tech stuff defaults to DoD right? So the KB is theirs?

Edit: with regards to the security aspects of the technology

You crack me up.

Here's my point. The post mentioned a 7-pass, zero-byte wipe. I know that is the DoD approved standard for secure data wiping (yes, there are other wipe algorithms, and yes everyone who truly wants data destroyed knows that melting the drive is probably a better choice anyway). I was just looking for some documentation confirming that the Security Wipe implemented by BlackBerry conforms to that standard. Given the security approvals currently held, I already know it makes perfect sense. But I really want something that says that's what a Security Wipe does.
    jsivash likes this.
    08-29-13 12:45 AM
    You crack me up.

Here's my point. The post mentioned a 7-pass, zero-byte wipe. I know that is the DoD approved standard for secure data wiping (yes, there are other wipe algorithms, and yes everyone who truly wants data destroyed knows that melting the drive is probably a better choice anyway). I was just looking for some documentation confirming that the Security Wipe implemented by BlackBerry conforms to that standard. Given the security approvals currently held, I already know it makes perfect sense. But I really want something that says that's what a Security Wipe does.
    I made you laugh? My job is done.

mopar_fxr likes this.
    08-29-13 12:46 AM
    You crack me up.

I think someone has something to hide

kidding

maybe
    08-29-13 12:51 AM
    You crack me up.

I think someone has something to hide

kidding

maybe
    08-29-13 12:53 AM
    Hi There,

I post my opinion just to make sure that if you want to try leaks, you will loose your precious time. Leaks are the same, it has each own bug and sometimes has no problem solving, this because BB release many type of BB. Some of us has different problem with the same application, i give an example : Facebook - some of us has no issue with check ini, others has problem.

For my self, i have enough time to waste trying leaks. If you still have time, just do it

My suggestion to BL Leaks or Elite Team, please focusing your development to the OS features and stability. Third party application will have problem when it developed with different SDK.
    You are still best team to make BB OS 10 struggle in the market and develop faster to catch something left behind.

Thanks

You mean you have to try them all or have to go back to 10.1?

Is this a trick?

08-29-13 01:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I noticed the same problem. For me it started with leak 1371.
    08-29-13 01:09 AM
    Hi There,

I post my opinion just to make sure that if you want to try leaks, you will loose your precious time. Leaks are the same, it has each own bug and sometimes has no problem solving, this because BB release many type of BB. Some of us has different problem with the same application, i give an example : Facebook - some of us has no issue with check ini, others has problem.

For my self, i have enough time to waste trying leaks. If you still have time, just do it

My suggestion to BL Leaks or Elite Team, please focusing your development to the OS features and stability. Third party application will have problem when it developed with different SDK.

Thanks
    Sigh.

We don't write the OS.

If you can point me to an official OS that is completely free of bugs, please do so. Very often leaked OSes become carrier-approved "official" versions.

It's fine if you don't want to install them ahead of time. No worries here.
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    08-29-13 01:10 AM
1,575 ... 2324252627 ...