thats what I keep hearing and seeing...
    just keep contemplating for how much am I really going to use it?
    I use it all the time. It's the first app that runs when I turn my Q10/swap batteries. I have the battery charger combo, so I'm never tethered to a wall socket - just swap batteries. I use battery guru to monitor drain constantly b/c all this leak installing needs attention.

"autocorrect's for the birds" SQN100-2, v10.2.0.1323
    08-21-13 05:20 PM
    Question: there's a lot of advice not to restore from 10.1 in this build because it breaks stuff. Does a media restore alone cause the same damage?

Posted via CB10 on my ZedTen.
    08-21-13 05:25 PM
    Anyone notice their App World list of "installed apps" is missing a lot of items? The missing ones show up under "Available". I did a restore of all items. This is the first time I've seen this after installing a leak.
    08-21-13 05:29 PM
    Question: there's a lot of advice not to restore from 10.1 in this build because it breaks stuff. Does a media restore alone cause the same damage?

Posted via CB10 on my ZedTen.
    Not as far as I know... and really, if you want to do a full restore or not depends on what you want to use. I've mostly heard issues with FB check-in. If that's something you don't or rarely use you might just as well do a full restore. Personally, I still do my restore and it hasn't messed anything up for me. But that's just my experience.
    Last edited by VeniceBB; 08-21-13 at 06:07 PM. Reason: typo
    nyallj likes this.
    08-21-13 05:42 PM
    Anyone notice their App World list of "installed apps" is missing a lot of items? The missing ones show up under "Available". I did a restore of all items. This is the first time I've seen this after installing a leak.
    Yup, known issue mentioned in the OP.
    Issue: BlackBerry World “Installed Apps” tab shows only core apps after restore. Other apps will appear in the “Available” tab.
    Solution: Download app again from “Available” tab. Known problem in 10.2 leaks so far.
    shabbs likes this.
    08-21-13 05:43 PM
    I've had some issues, and am monitoring with a mind to revert to 1047 if my issues remain.

One thing tho, try to avoid battery-pulls. Long hold on volume up & down buttons will hard-reset the device. Continue to hold till the BlackBerry symbol appears.

Another thing I tried last night which did help drop "system" CPU activity is to turn device off, take out battery and leave for 30mins.....seemed to work well for me.

Is battery pulling bad? I didn't know that I'll stop doing it then. I've already noticed a significant battery life increase at least in the last hour. I was losing 10% an hour and it dropped to about 2% last hour. I'm assuming the volume thing is the same as a battery pull then?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 05:50 PM
    Yes, same happened to me. You'll see it noted in the OP. It's not a big deal - as a matter of fact, it helped me clean up a lot of apps I don't use.

08-21-13 05:53 PM
    Do you have a lot of apps installed? If so are any sideloaded ones?

I ask b/c I only have one sideloaded and 4 from BlackBerry app world and my CPU is consistent 12%.

So I wonder if the more apps/sideloaded apps raises this.

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    I have 4 side loaded and around 25 from BlackBerry World and my system cpu jumps from 2.8-12%. It list all my other apps as idle.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 05:54 PM
    I hate to not bring anything constructive to this thread, and I really don't like drawing attention to myself, but I recently realized that I'm nearing my 1,000th forum post and decided there's no better place to submit it than in the latest OS leak thread.

So here it is, my 1,000th post on the CB forums!

On topic: Thanks Leak Team for another great OS update. Had this bad boy running for about 3 days now and quite pleased. A working mobile hotspot is definitely appreciated! No noticeable improvement on battery life compared to the .1047 OS on my end, but I'll give it a few more days to settle in. (I'm running Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1323.)

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    08-21-13 05:54 PM
    Do you have a lot of apps installed? If so are any sideloaded ones?

I ask b/c I only have one sideloaded and 4 from BlackBerry app world and my CPU is consistent 12%.

So I wonder if the more apps/sideloaded apps raises this.

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    I don't think it has a lot to do with what's side loaded or not, but what is running and what is actually going "idle"

I am running about 10 side loads and a handful of app world's also and check mine.
    BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1323 for STL100-2/3/4 and SQN100-X and SQR100-X-img_00000469.png

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and moody like this.
    08-21-13 05:57 PM
    I use it all the time. It's the first app that runs when I turn my Q10/swap batteries. I have the battery charger combo, so I'm never tethered to a wall socket - just swap batteries. I use battery guru to monitor drain constantly b/c all this leak installing needs attention.

fine fine fine, I think you were the last straw on the back of the proverbial camel... downloading now...
    toobs623, moody and TSY-CB like this.
    08-21-13 05:58 PM
    Is battery pulling bad? I didn't know that I'll stop doing it then. I've already noticed a significant battery life increase at least in the last hour. I was losing 10% an hour and it dropped to about 2% last hour. I'm assuming the volume thing is the same as a battery pull then?

Posted via CB10
    Well, the battery pull essentially kills the CPU processes running in memory, similar to pulling the plug when Windows in running on ur PC. Most of the time, this doesn't have any negative effects, but there exists, always, a slim chance that you'll interrupt a read/write process, mid-cache, and this could brick your device. The more complex an OS is, the more likely there'll be some process running that needs to be allowed to properly terminate.

The volume key hold starts a shutdown process, safely disabling running apps and dumping the memory contents before shutting the device down to re-start.

Only do a batter pull under the most dire situations when ur phone is completely frozen.

00stryder likes this.
    08-21-13 05:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is a certain risk to battery pulls that can be avoided by a regular or hard reboot. It was discussed in the first hangout, at around the 11:00 mark.
    08-21-13 06:00 PM
    The volume key hold starts a shutdown process, safely disabling running apps and dumping the memory contents before shutting the device down to re-start.

Only do a batter pull under the most dire situations when ur phone is completely frozen.
    I'm sure I'ma be corrected by the real experts if I've stated something incorrectly.....

08-21-13 06:00 PM
    I'm installing my first leak, I have read both entire forums for the 2.2.0.1047 and 2.2.0.1323 and I can't decide. I'm using Z10 STL 100-3 and I use my phone everyday as work tool and communication device. So need it to run with the less errors posible. I know how to sideload create a debug token and use Sachesi but that's about it any major fix will need your help step by step or downgrade. So wich one a newbie like me would use to break the ice?

Posted from the best mobile device Z10
    08-21-13 06:02 PM
    I'm installing my first leak, I have read both entire forums for the 2.2.0.1047 and 2.2.0.1323 and I can't decide. I'm using Z10 STL 100-3 and I use my phone everyday as work tool and communication device. So need it to run with the less errors posible. I know how to sideload create a debug token and use Sachesi but that's about it any major fix will need your help step by step or downgrade. So wich one a newbie like me would use to break the ice?

Posted from the best mobile device Z10
    It's so hard for someone else to decide. For example, mobile hotspots do not work in 1047, but they do in 1323. If you use that for work, you might consider 1323. If you don't use mobile hotspot, I'd personally go for 1047 or a 1047 hybrid with the new bars from 1323, simply because it is a little more stable. Also, 1323 takes a lot of time to settle in so the battery isn't the greatest for everyone, especially in the first few days. But this is NOT the case for anyone. Ultimately, it depends on what you need and want. Only if you know that you can decide which leak to install, if any.
    08-21-13 06:06 PM
    Hey everyone. Loving this leak. No issues whatsoever. I don't do restores and my battery life is amazing. I am not a heavy user but i do use it quite often while at work. I work in construction and have it in an otterbox and in my pocket all day. Rarely get calls. Maybe 10 texts, 10 bbms, 10 emails a day while at work. LTE on all day. Check twitter and facebook probably once an hour while taking a break. Phone is off charger at 5:15am and i get home at 3pm where i use wifi and i'm on CB10 and twitter till i go to bed. Battery usually lasts until just before 11pm. 18 hours on average not too shabby. Sometimes I'll do a restart using only the volume keys if I notice the location symbol on the top left has not disappeared after exiting an app. A question about the reboot: we all say hold down until we see the blackberry symbol but which one? the black screen with the word "blackberry" or the loading squared circle?(not the squircle in_loco and moodyk) Always wondered that. I hold it till the squircle anyway, but it does take up to 40 seconds sometimes. Just wondering. And hey KWM 1337, where have you been? Nobody tinkle on your cornflakes lately? lol

Btw Im on stl100-1 yeah right! I'm on stl100-3 on Rogers in case you're wondering
    in_loco_nomen and moody like this.
    08-21-13 06:11 PM
    Hey everyone. Loving this leak. No issues whatsoever. I don't do restores and my battery life is amazing. I am not a heavy user but i do use it quite often while at work. I work in construction and have it in an otterbox and in my pocket all day. Rarely get calls. Maybe 10 texts, 10 bbms, 10 emails a day while at work. LTE on all day. Check twitter and facebook probably once an hour while taking a break. Phone is off charger at 5:15am and i get home at 3pm where i use wifi and i'm on CB10 and twitter till i go to bed. Battery usually lasts until just before 11pm. 18 hours on average not too shabby. Sometimes I'll do a restart using only the volume keys if I notice the location symbol on the top left has not disappeared after exiting an app. A question about the reboot: we all say hold down until we see the blackberry symbol but which one? the black screen with the word "blackberry" or the loading squared circle?(not the squircle in_loco and moodyk) Always wondered that. I hold it till the squircle anyway, but it does take up to 40 seconds sometimes. Just wondering. And hey KWM, where have you been? Nobody tinkle on your cornflakes lately? lol

Btw Im on stl100-1 yeah right! I'm on stl100-3 on Rogers in case you're wondering
    We're talking the word BlackBerry. Usually you won't be able to get to the big squared circle if you hold the keys longer.

Now I'm not KWM but hopefully he won't mind me telling you that he's swamped with work so he's appearing a bit less often around these parts for now
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    08-21-13 06:14 PM
    Well, the battery pull essentially kills the CPU processes running in memory, similar to pulling the plug when Windows in running on ur PC. Most of the time, this doesn't have any negative effects, but there exists, always, a slim chance that you'll interrupt a read/write process, mid-cache, and this could brick your device. The more complex an OS is, the more likely there'll be some process running that needs to be allowed to properly terminate.

Ooh I see thanks for the heads up and information. I'll start doing it the other way from now on.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 06:15 PM
    We're talking the word BlackBerry. Usually you won't be able to get to the big squared circle if you hold the keys longer.

Now I'm not KWM but hopefully he won't mind me telling you that he's swamped with work so he's appearing a bit less often around these parts for now
    But I do usually hold them until that big squared circle and it starts hurting my fingers Thanks for the input Venice!
    08-21-13 06:18 PM
    Yes. And no.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    I find it very funny that the same basic question could be answered with a yes and no. Lol

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a Crackberry squircle addict
    moody and Adam Szucs like this.
    08-21-13 06:42 PM
    Hi Folks

Has anyone noticed the camera is really laggy under 10.2.0.1323?
    Takes a second from the time you tap the screen to when the photo is actually taken.
    Also Hotspot just seems to stuck on the connecting circle.
    Also can't load any Text Messaging up. Have tried resetting and that worked for a while but then it's stuck again.
    Battery life is considerably worse.

On restoring back to 10.1, is it possible to use a backup made under 10.2 to do the restore?

Cheers.
    08-21-13 06:50 PM
    Hellow guys I have a question to ask

Does any one know when the official OS gonna release (( 10.2 )) cuz it's really became boring with sideloading and bugs in the leaks

Did blackberry mentioned when the 10.2 OS gonna release or something?

Posted via CB10
    Baka

Maybe left, maybe right. Could be up could be down. Sometime before next year, but maybe after.

Posted from my BerryLeak mind controlled Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.14xx LE, while drunk
    in_loco_nomen and moody like this.
    08-21-13 07:35 PM
    Hellow guys I have a question to ask

Does any one know when the official OS gonna release (( 10.2 )) cuz it's really became boring with sideloading and bugs in the leaks

Did blackberry mentioned when the 10.2 OS gonna release or something?

Posted via CB10
    When you are in the loading screen hit up up down down left right left right and start...

It will show you the info we are all hiding...

Sorry, us growing up with Nintendo will laugh a bit
    Wasn't meant to be insulting, just trying to keep a smile going

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 07:39 PM
    Yup, known issue mentioned in the OP.
    Issue: BlackBerry World �Installed Apps� tab shows only core apps after restore. Other apps will appear in the �Available� tab.
    Solution: Download app again from �Available� tab. Known problem in 10.2 leaks so far.
    Thanks. Never saw that with any other leak before. Strange. Not a big issue, only when you want to uninstall an app. You have to install it and then uninstall it. Heh heh.
    08-21-13 07:47 PM
2,047 ... 6667686970 ...