We have a Squircle movement on Channels. Some BlackBerry heavy hitters joined the Squircle Channel and the hash #BringItBack is often included with #ichooseblackberry10 with many retweets from TAT folks and other BB coders I'm seeing.

just sayn'
    Awww man, squircle is HURTING some nice people... causing some to have dizzy spells...let's not push them away from BlackBerry... p.s. doesn't bother me personally but does affect someone I know...with a Blackberry Z10 that would go bye bye...

Trusted Member
    09-13-13 12:37 PM
    Confirmed. My phone does the same with trying to call from the Phone App by trying to tap on a contact. The Phone APP immediately crashed and the call did not go through. Moving back to 1443 as I am typing this and I am going to side load the black calendar and contacts bars and then new camera and clock bar. Tried that yesterday before loading 200 and it worked great. I should have left it. Oh well.
    09-13-13 12:39 PM
    Did you restore from LINK? If so, wipe, reinstall and do not restore--start clean.
    He said "No Restore "...

Trusted Member
    go1ndr likes this.
    09-13-13 12:40 PM
    Thanks. Since I had the same problem with the 1443 build, I will give that a try. I am, as of right now reinstalling 1443 and doing a security wipe because of the Phone App issue referenced by another above. After I get all of my data reloaded onto 1443 , and my side loads done, I shall try your suggested fix and I will report back later. Did not know that BBM contacts were stored in the cloud. That may end up being the best way to fix the issue, but I will also try the device data base idea. Again, thanks.
    09-13-13 12:49 PM
    Just uploaded the 1.200 let's hope the battery performs better with this update. Rest I will report after the first 24 and 48 hours. So far the device heats up when in use but otherwise runs cold.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 01:37 PM
    How are you guys yncing your photos with. Contacts are the photos local or are they cloud based. Just wondering if the hub or cloud service takes a little longer to load the pics to your device.

Posted via CB10
    My contacts are cloud-based. I have linked contacts from outlook.com and from facebook. The thing is, it's not consistent. Most of my facebook contacts have photos, but 1 or 2 are missing. Same with outlook.com contacts. I've tried removing accounts and re-adding. Still random missing photos. Again, it's nothing "critical", just nice to have it working properly.
    09-13-13 01:52 PM
    Awww man, squircle is HURTING some nice people... causing some to have dizzy spells...let's not push them away from BlackBerry... p.s. doesn't bother me personally but does affect someone I know...with a Blackberry Z10 that would go bye bye...

Trusted Member
    The obvious answer is make it selectable. If you like it turn it on, if you go looney looking at it don't
    09-13-13 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the leak guys.
    It is not one of the best as already mentioned by many,but it was definitely worth the try.
    Waiting now for the next one to fix the instabilities.
    ;-)
    Thanks again.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    09-13-13 02:22 PM
    Thanks for this leak.

One problem I have noticed in the last 24 hours is that the phone gets randomly hot and the hub lags seriously. Sometimes it stops working all together

Posted via CB10 using Z10 running OS 10.2.0.1443
    09-13-13 02:29 PM
    My duck has webbed feet, my Yeti hears bells...
    Attachment 201365

Trusted Member
    looks like my bell on my bike (evil road spirit chaser)
    09-13-13 03:16 PM
    Thanks for this leak.

One problem I have noticed in the last 24 hours is that the phone gets randomly hot and the hub lags seriously. Sometimes it stops working all together

Posted via CB10 using Z10 running OS 10.2.0.1443
    Turn it off for 10-30 minutes and let it cool down. Seems to work for most of us.
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    09-13-13 03:21 PM
    Any reports of working camera and alarm bars on 10.2.1047 ? I see that's it's working on. 1443
    Works

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 03:43 PM
    Having Contact issues.... moving back down to the previous leak.

Photos didn't show up, even overnight.

Clicking on a contact to make a call, either crashed the phone app or caused it to freeze.

Tried a reinstall with a security wipe, both before and another after installation and several hard resets Did not restore any backup info and only installed one account.... still having problems with it.

Strang so many different results....

Model: Z10-STL 100-4
    Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    I had exactly the same issue....would all be running smooth then I'd go into a contact and then crash. sometimes going back to the main screen but the camera and search icons missing.

Wiped and same issue. Thought this build was bug fixing!!?? That's a serious bug!

Back down to 1443

Posted via CB10
    gbmcgowa likes this.
    09-13-13 05:12 PM
    The Vibrate with Alarm is not new....it is actually from BBOS and was an option I had really missed.

Where are your contacts saved? Are they on the SIM, or in a local Contacts database? There have been several reports (and I've experienced it myself) where new contacts end up being saved to the SIM instead of the logical place of a default database. I store all mine in the cloud, with links to all related social apps, so I have no need to assign photos manually. It would make sense that BBM Contacts photos remain in place, since those are cloud as well.

I suggest making sure all of your contacts are exported off the SIM and into a device database, then try assigning photos.
    Hi Blackberry Team:

I have moved back to 10.2.0.1443 and have copied all necessary contact photos from my SD card to my device's photo folder. Then I went through the process of again assigning them to the individual contacts. Then I reset my phone and prayed. Finally, the photos stayed where they should be. Note, this did not work with 10.2.1.200. Another definite problem, along with the Phone App dialing problem that was outlined above. 10.2.0.1443 is now working fantastic after adding the black calendar bar, the black contacts bar, the camera upgrade bar (with face focus) and the updated clock bar (with vibrate setting). I am, however, looking forward to trying future O.S. builds. Keep them coming and I will report my findings! Thanks again.
    Last edited by Mozdony; 09-13-13 at 06:05 PM. Reason: spelling error.
    wu-wei likes this.
    09-13-13 06:03 PM
    i had a similar problem, what i did to fix it, i download the "sys.phone-10.2.1.XX" from 10.2.01443 installed the bar reboot the phone and i was able to use the phone again to make phone calls,

good luck

Ran in to a pretty big problem... every time I try to call a contact through the phone app my phone freaks out and does this...

Attachment 201011

Model: Z10- STL 100-4
    Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by alextercero; 09-13-13 at 07:17 PM.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    09-13-13 06:27 PM
    i had a similar problem, what i did to fix it, i download the "sys.phone-10.2.1.XX" from 10.2.01443 installed the bar reboot the phone and i was able to use the phone again to make phone calls,

good luck
    That makes perfect sense. The dialing problem went away with my move back to 10.1.0.1443!
    09-13-13 06:53 PM
    Hi guys, under contacts is there an option to create a group or in a contact itself the option to add that contact to a group?

Ta

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:29 PM
    He said "No Restore "...

Trusted Member
    Hey Gearheaddaddy--not sure where the original post for this was, but thanks for catching my bad on it. So many posts-LOL.
    toobs623 likes this.
    09-13-13 07:43 PM
    Smoothest OS ever had. Amazing.

Posted via CB10
    go1ndr likes this.
    09-13-13 08:01 PM
    Any update to web browser performance?
    09-13-13 08:34 PM
    Hi guys, under contacts is there an option to create a group or in a contact itself the option to add that contact to a group?

Ta

Posted via CB10
    Nope still No Sign of it ;( I really miss that Feature as I need it it Daily. Not sure if it will ever come back. All Questions about Groups -to BB and his Developers- are unanswered since Months. Only Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:38 PM
    Hi guys now such problems to report yet. Contacts and camera working fine on my 100/2. The only problem is overheating when in use. The next trial is battery drain. Let see how the day goes today with out charging.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:46 PM
    I'm having an issue with my calendar reminders. They will work then at some point they stop working. A hard reset brings them back but only temporary. Then another hard reset.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:54 PM
    I'm having an issue with my calendar reminders. They will work then at some point they stop working. A hard reset brings them back but only temporary. Then another hard reset.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe try to side load a different calendar bar
    09-13-13 09:26 PM
    Maybe try to side load a different calendar bar
    1371 has been solid from other reports

Sent via Z10 on Verizon running a .1047 hybrid thru CB10. My channel: c0004f9bb
    toobs623 likes this.
    09-13-13 09:34 PM
476 ... 1617181920