I have now had about 24 hours with this build on my phone. Power use still seems slightly higher than with the previous build but too soon to tell for sure. New clock vibrate function is interesting. New camera function (face focus) also looks interesting but I have not yet had a chance to play with it. My only negative comment deals with the Contacts App. If you set photos of your contacts and then reset the phone, the photos disappear, with one exception, and that is, a photo set for a BBM contact stays! That is very strange! This definitely needs to be addressed by the code development team.
    09-13-13 08:23 AM
    I have now had about 24 hours with this build on my phone. Power use still seems slightly higher than with the previous build but too soon to tell for sure. New clock vibrate function is interesting. New camera function (face focus) also looks interesting but I have not yet had a chance to play with it. My only negative comment deals with the Contacts App. If you set photos of your contacts and then reset the phone, the photos disappear, with one exception, and that is, a photo set for a BBM contact stays! That is very strange! This definitely needs to be addressed by the code development team.
    BlackBerry is usually a couple steps ahead of the latest leak, especially with this leak's build date in late August. They've probably addressed this by now on their side.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:25 AM
    When can us SQN users expect a new leak? It's been over a week since Kris said he had something in the oven for us. I'm pulling my hair out waiting :P

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    09-13-13 08:50 AM
    I had this too. I thought it was just my own problem with my contact linking, etc. I'm relieved to hear it's not just me, although I'm sorry it happened to you too

Sorry, I don't know of a fix - I just wanted to sympathize with you
    How are you guys yncing your photos with. Contacts are the photos local or are they cloud based. Just wondering if the hub or cloud service takes a little longer to load the pics to your device.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:51 AM
    Ran in to a pretty big problem... every time I try to call a contact through the phone app my phone freaks out and does this...

Attachment 201011

Model: Z10- STL 100-4
    Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Posted via CB10
    Toggle parental controls on/off. This has fixed it before in other leaks

Sent via Z10 on Verizon running a .1047 hybrid thru CB10
    09-13-13 08:59 AM
    When can us SQN users expect a new leak? It's been over a week since Kris said he had something in the oven for us. I'm pulling my hair out waiting :P

Posted via CB10
    As soon as we get something with a working radio for a Q we will release.

BerryLeaks Present 10.2.1.200 for STL 100 - 2//3/4 (Yes you read that correctly)-1378650273498.jpg

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx on steroids
    jpvj likes this.
    09-13-13 09:05 AM
    Then what was it that Kris had 'in the oven' for us last week?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    I guess we Q10 owner will have bbm dark theme optional back with the next leak

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    We never got the Radio :-(
    09-13-13 09:53 AM
    My Z10 (STL-2) keeps hanging when making a phone call, maybe 50% of the times (here in switzerland with orange). Unusable for me. Had 1047 before, will revert to older version (10.2.0.1443). Trying next 10.2.1.xxx release.

thanks for the leaks
    09-13-13 09:53 AM
    Having no issues, battery life seems better than 1047, the unlocked droidtime is great, the face follow camera feature rocks. Im just stuck trying to figure out the Smart Card portion.
    killer24680 likes this.
    09-13-13 10:41 AM
    "black & white contact and calendar" is in this OS integrated and must not installed by Sideload.

mfg

Andreas
    09-13-13 10:46 AM
    Ran in to a pretty big problem... every time I try to call a contact through the phone app my phone freaks out and does this...

Attachment 201011

Model: Z10- STL 100-4

Posted via CB10
    I haven't tried this leak but on the last few leaks get a similar bug where the bottom bar disappears. To fix it I had to turn off parental control. Not sure if this is the prob here because in my case my wallpaper remained intact unlike yours thats gone black.
    09-13-13 10:54 AM
    I open a photo from my photo library on my SD card that I wish to associate with a given contact. Then I touch the three dots as the bottom right hand corner of the photo. This leads to a menu with allows one to assign that photo to a contact. Then you open the Contact App and touch the contact that you wish to associate with the photo and then tell the Contact to save. Then you have it in the Contact App list right up to the time that you reset the phone. If it was a BBM contact, it then reappears. If not, it is again gone for good. I do not use any cloud services, and no, it does not merely take more time to appear. It is gone for good once the phone is reset. Your only choice is to go through the association process again while the phone is on. I hope this answers your query.
    09-13-13 11:12 AM
    Read through everything here so far and see no compelling reasons to install.

1047 with the 1443 overlay, and unlocked runtime has been a sweet combo.

Thanks for the new leek, but for once just going to enjoy a phone that just works...

Well until the next 10.2.0.1xxxx.

Posted via CB10
    That's pretty much my take on it, too, since that is exactly what I have. Other than not having the option to keep the phone unlocked for one hour rather than only 30 minutes, and having to turn Protect on after each reboot, I can't figure out what there is to gain from upgrading at this point. Maybe a couple milliseconds in speed, or a little more battery life, but I've got zero problems for what I do with the Z10 with 1047/1048/1443 overlay and the unlocked runtime on my 100-3 and AT&T.

Always open to ideas, though, or reasons to upgrade...
    09-13-13 11:14 AM
    Maybe, but the same bug was found and reported by me in the previous build also (OS 10.2.0.1443). I hope they read my posts and correct it. Let me know if you have experienced the same problem, I am interested to know if it is my phone or a software glitch. I do note that at least one other user has reported the same problem (see above). The fact that the BBM contact photos are saved and reappear after reset is especially interesting.
    09-13-13 11:19 AM
    I open a photo from my photo library on my SD card that I wish to associate with a given contact. Then I touch the three dots as the bottom right hand corner of the photo. This leads to a menu with allows one to assign that photo to a contact. Then you open the Contact App and touch the contact that you wish to associate with the photo and then tell the Contact to save. Then you have it in the Contact App list right up to the time that you reset the phone. If it was a BBM contact, it then reappears. If not, it is again gone for good. I do not use any cloud services, and no, it does not merely take more time to appear. It is gone for good once the phone is reset. Your only choice is to go through the association process again while the phone is on. I hope this answers your query.
    Move the photo from your sd card to device, should fix it.
    09-13-13 11:21 AM
    Thanks I will try that and see if that solves the issue.
    09-13-13 11:25 AM
    Any reports of working camera and alarm bars on 10.2.1047 ? I see that's it's working on. 1443
    09-13-13 11:41 AM
    O.K., I moved a photo from my SD card with the phone's File Manager App to the phone's photo file. Then I again opened the photo from the Picture App and associated the photo with the appropriate contact. I verified that it appeared in the Contacts App along side of the appropriate contact and then closed the Contacts App. Then I reset the phone and waited for the hub to rebuild and all other data to reload. Once again, the photo disappeared with only photos from BBM contacts reappearing. I would have to say that the suggested fix did not solve the issue, but thanks for the suggestion. If there are any other suggested fixes, let me know. I love my Z10! It makes me happy!
    09-13-13 11:46 AM
    Having Contact issues.... moving back down to the previous leak.

Photos didn't show up, even overnight.

Clicking on a contact to make a call, either crashed the phone app or caused it to freeze.

Tried a reinstall with a security wipe, both before and another after installation and several hard resets Did not restore any backup info and only installed one account.... still having problems with it.

Strang so many different results....

Model: Z10-STL 100-4
    09-13-13 12:08 PM
    Sometimes reading causing you brain damage. Like this thread.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    Naw, brains were damaged waaay before reading this thread...lol...

Trusted Member
    09-13-13 12:11 PM
    My Yeti plays violin. It has webbed feet.
    My duck has webbed feet, my Yeti hears bells...
    BerryLeaks Present 10.2.1.200 for STL 100 - 2//3/4 (Yes you read that correctly)-img_00000102.jpg

Trusted Member
    09-13-13 12:18 PM
    Maybe, but the same bug was found and reported by me in the previous build also (OS 10.2.0.1443). I hope they read my posts and correct it. Let me know if you have experienced the same problem, I am interested to know if it is my phone or a software glitch. I do note that at least one other user has reported the same problem (see above). The fact that the BBM contact photos are saved and reappear after reset is especially interesting.
    Move the photo from your sd card to device, should fix it.
    Thanks I will try that and see if that solves the issue.
    O.K., I moved a photo from my SD card with the phone's File Manager App to the phone's photo file. Then I again opened the photo from the Picture App and associated the photo with the appropriate contact. I verified that it appeared in the Contacts App along side of the appropriate contact and then closed the Contacts App. Then I reset the phone and waited for the hub to rebuild and all other data to reload. Once again, the photo disappeared with only photos from BBM contacts reappearing. I would have to say that the suggested fix did not solve the issue, but thanks for the suggestion. If there are any other suggested fixes, let me know. I love my Z10! It makes me happy!
    The Vibrate with Alarm is not new....it is actually from BBOS and was an option I had really missed.

Where are your contacts saved? Are they on the SIM, or in a local Contacts database? There have been several reports (and I've experienced it myself) where new contacts end up being saved to the SIM instead of the logical place of a default database. I store all mine in the cloud, with links to all related social apps, so I have no need to assign photos manually. It would make sense that BBM Contacts photos remain in place, since those are cloud as well.

I suggest making sure all of your contacts are exported off the SIM and into a device database, then try assigning photos.
    09-13-13 12:36 PM
    how can i download in china mianland

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 12:37 PM
476 ... 1516171819 ...