Hi Team , As i am also a Developer, curious to know the process of back door . "I love the Porsche Design Clock".. I appreciate your work ! Thanks in Advance .!
    12-03-13 10:27 PM
    Hi Team , As i am also a Developer, curious to know the process of back door . "I love the Porsche Design Clock".. I appreciate your work ! Thanks in Advance .!
    Simple... you type in a code in a certain place, it sets a variable, likely called backdoorEnabled to true, then it makes the menu visible. it's all in the code, just hidden until you find it.
    Mecca EL and bsrgsit like this.
    12-03-13 10:35 PM
    So this can happen in any app is what you're saying darcy

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-03-13 10:37 PM
    Like say a camera? Or maybe hub? Or idk.. settings?

12-03-13 10:38 PM
    So this can happen in any app is what you're saying darcy

If there is a backdoor explicitly coded within the apps in question, then yes.

Of course, having the backdoor .qml files in the clock being labeled "Backdoor" was a great tip.
    thatplaybookguy and Mecca EL like this.
    12-03-13 10:39 PM
    If there is a backdoor explicitly coded within the apps in question, then yes.

Of course, having the backdoor .qml files in the clock being labeled "Backdoor" was a great tip.
    And you never know what you'll get either. This one enabled a few nice features, however it could be more or less useless except to the developers. Just cause a backdoor exists doesn't make it worthwhile finding the way in.

Escreens in like a backdoor for the whole OS. It's hidden away until you enter the right codes to find it and it provides access to some unique options.

Pim.messages and camera are 2 apps I can think of with hints of a backdoor

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 10:47 PM
    But nothing that can open special features for us Darcy? At least for the time being their isnt???

12-03-13 10:57 PM
    I think that although this hidden menu was labeled "back door", it's technically not a back door, but rather an "easter egg".

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:15 PM
    But nothing that can open special features for us Darcy? At least for the time being their isnt???

Nothing currently that I know of, and even if I did know I'd have to judge whether or not it was worth releasing that info.

I've figured out a few things recently that I likely will never share. One that I'm still looking at to see if I can make feasible is the ability to replace app icons. But it may still be too may be too complex in the end. Someone from BerryLeaks even tricked me into putting the iOS maps icon over my BlackBerry maps icon (I was focusing too much on how to do it, not what icons I was being given)

Posted via CB10
    Uzi, Mecca EL and LP_Rigg like this.
    12-03-13 11:15 PM
    I assume you are just looking at the source for the bar files. Are they not all obfuscated?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:59 PM
    Simple... you type in a code in a certain place, it sets a variable, likely called backdoorEnabled to true, then it makes the menu visible. it's all in the code, just hidden until you find it.
    Great to know.. so the back door enable option is available for all the applications or it is particular to some or is it related to OS . So Every beta release will have the backdoor enable true without the code , is it true?
    12-04-13 01:07 AM
    What are some good Computer programs to scan files these days? I use notepad on windows 7 but I'm sure there's a better way... for example I use to use hexedit back in the days of msdos after decompiling exe files to search for pass codes in games.
    And is there a way to scan multiple files in a folder with a program? This Porsche clock sparked my interest and I'd like to get back into it with the BB10 files.
    Thanks

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055 | CB10
    12-04-13 01:20 AM
    What are some good Computer programs to scan files these days? I use notepad on windows 7 but I'm sure there's a better way... for example I use to use hexedit back in the days of msdos after decompiling exe files to search for pass codes in games.
    And is there a way to scan multiple files in a folder with a program? This Porsche clock sparked my interest and I'd like to get back into it with the BB10 files.
    Thanks

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055 | CB10
    Notepad and the momentics Ide are your best bet. Along with 7zip to extract

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 01:45 AM