Yes. I have completely removed it online, and had it showing as disabled on the device for weeks or months, only to find anti-theft still active after a wipe.
    So how can you check out if anti-theft is activated if there is no device registered with your BlackBerry Protect account, ergo that amount is erased??

Obviously it is possible to newly activate BlackBerry Protect once again if the switch is turned ON under a new or old BlackBerry Protect ID

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    10-08-20 04:46 PM
    So how can you check out if anti-theft is activated if there is no device registered with your BlackBerry Protect account, ergo that amount is erased??

Obviously it is possible to newly activate BlackBerry Protect once again if the switch is turned ON under a new or old BlackBerry Protect ID

This is the problem I've been discussing from the very start. There is no conceivable way to tell something is wrong because everything looks right.

You won't know something is amiss until it's too late and the infrastructure is already shuttered.
    10-08-20 04:47 PM
    This is the problem I've been discussing from the very start. There is no conceivable way to tell something is wrong because everything looks right.

You won't know something is amiss until it's too late and the infrastructure is already shuttered.
    We will see, at least my BlackBerry Protect account is completely erased from the BlackBerry server as described, all devices could be used with any other BBW ID like a device that is free from being locked in, and if the BlackBerry Protect service is shutdown it would not effect my lot.
    As long as I'm not reactivated BlackBerry Protect once again
    After a wipe ergo a factory reset it would be well possible as a preset that BlackBerry Protect is sort of enabling as soon you add a standard BBID but would not deactivate automatically on a running and well setup device in daily use unless BlackBerry Protect switch is manually turned ON after the service was turned off completely.

Once BlackBerry Protect service is shutdown that wouldn't be re-activate anymore anyway because all Protect accounts will be deleted on BlackBerry server side anyway even if the switch on a device appears on it has no effect because there is no service behind it that could support you for tracing a lost device or delete your data remotely nor can you login to BlackBerry Protect anymore because that server is gone for good in that case.
    Devices will still work as usually only without that service attached to it.
    BlackBerry Protect ID is a individual service, BBW ID is a different service which is not affected by protect ID and don't Brick a device on per default if Protect is disabled on the device or erased and gone altogether on server side.

Last edited by BB-nomade; 10-09-20 at 02:35 AM.
    10-08-20 04:54 PM
    We will see, at least my BlackBerry Protect account is completely erased from the BlackBerry server as described, all devices could be used with any other BBW ID like a device that is free from being locked in, and if the BlackBerry Protect service is shutdown it would not effect my lot.
    As long as I'm not reactivated BlackBerry Protect once again
    After a wipe ergo a factory reset it would be well possible as a preset that BlackBerry Protect is sort of enabling as soon you add a standard BBID but would not deactivate automatically on a running and well setup device in daily use unless BlackBerry Protect switch is manually turned ON after the service was turned off completely.

Once BlackBerry Protect service is shutdown that wouldn't be re-activate anymore anyway because all Protect accounts will be deleted on BlackBerry server side anyway even if the switch on a device appears on it has no effect because there is no service behind it that could support you for tracing a lost device or delete your data remotely nor can you login to BlackBerry Protect anymore because that server is gone for good in that case.
    Devices will still work as usually only without that service attached to it.
    BlackBerry Protect ID is a individual service, BBW ID is a different service which is not affected by protect ID and don't Brick a device on per default if Protect is disabled on the device or erased and gone altogether on server side.

Your making a number of assumptions.... won't really know till BlackBerry flips the switch. But at that point it could be too late.

Wise move will be to have at least three devices. One BB10 setup without a BBID - and no LINK, no BBW Apps. Another BB10 setup as you hope it will work. And lastly something not BB10 at all...

Most in the US will have given up anyway with the ending of 3G and what appears to be a lack of support for that generation of LTE devices (BB10, Android and iOS). By that point other markets won't be too far behind. Never mind other issues that will pop up from lack of security certificates and standards in the next fifteen months.

So why worry about how to get around what BlackBerry is doing? Enjoy what you can today, as there might not be a tomorrow.
    10-09-20 09:15 AM
    Regardless of what you do, if you have one of the newer 10.3.x OS BB-Protect WILL (!) automatically enable itself at some point EVENTUALLY (!) if you are connected. I have been doing thorough testing and have been writing about this quite some time ago and was met with resistance again and again.

I have disabled BB-Protect and running my phone that way for about one year, with just the few native apps that the device comes with.
    10-09-20 09:53 AM
    Regardless of what you do, if you have one of the newer 10.3.x OS BB-Protect WILL (!) automatically enable itself at some point EVENTUALLY (!) if you are connected. I have been doing thorough testing and have been writing about this quite some time ago and was met with resistance again and again.

I have disabled BB-Protect and running my phone that way for about one year, with just the few native apps that the device comes with.
    Backing up everything in the cloud away from BlackBerry just in case also is a good idea.
    10-09-20 10:43 AM
    Sounds all a bit like doomsday prayers to me like the 2012 Maya calendar sort of thing ;-)

But the sun will rise up as usually on January/5/2022 and there after just not calling it a flaming ball of gasses that continues to illuminate the sky with a hint of yellow and pink on the frosty ground... ;-)

You have to believe in things that aren't thru, how else could they become.. like easter rabbits or Santa.. otherwise what's the point ;-)

10-09-20 01:07 PM
    And here some that explains it in a nutshell, a bit for the more literary minded folk's;

Susan: “All right, I’m not stupid. You’re saying humans need … fantasies to make life bearable.”
    Death: “No. Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
    Susan: “But Tooth fairies? Hogfathers?”
    Death: Yes. As practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies.
    Susan: “So we can believe the big ones?”
    Death: “Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. That sort of thing.”
    Susan: “They’re not the same at all!”
    Death: “Take the universe and grind it down to the finest powder and sieve it through with the finest sieve and then show me one atom of justice, one molecule of mercy. And yet you act as if there were some sort of rightness in the universe by which it may be judged.”
    Susan: “Yes. But people have got to believe that or what’s the point”
    Death: “My point exactly.”

Nathan Snyder likes this.
    10-09-20 01:16 PM
    This is a follow-up post regarding a transition to BBM-ENTERPRISE :

6. BlackBerry BBM plus BBM-Protect Service:
    yeah that's a real bugger...since it works so brilliantly even with BBMe members on the other end, and I got BBM-protect service activated too... if BBM got it's plug being pulle... and stops working or being unusable to OS10 devices, really is a loss, at least to me, since WA, FB and all this are a absolut NO-GO !!
    solution:
    well have to think about that one but may BB decide to move us remaining BB-OS10 user over to BBMe as well as a good-by treat if it comes to the best.
    Check it out yourself on: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...es/end-of-life
    It says:
    1st.: BlackBerry ID* for BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry 7.1 OS and earlier, and BlackBerry PlayBook 2.1 OS and earlier.
    2nd.: BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) - consumer*

*Note: no impact to BBM for Enterprise and BBM Enterprise for individual use (BBMe), which will continue to be available and will leverage BlackBerry ID on other platforms.

(side note: this means a existing BBID is being moved over for further use and needs, other than the services that will be shutdown! And therefore is not being erased on BlackBerry Servers and data storages)

Right following that announcements I just moved my BBM-consumer app and account successful over to BBM-ENTERPRISE.

Fortunately I have been on BlackBerry Enterprise entitled before means I had BES and "BBM-Protect Plus" activated previously but only went back to the customer version because it has a few more option with Stickers, video-chat, BBM channels and so on.
    But since BBM consumer version is gonna be shut off as stated by BlackBerry announcements and the channel part is gone already and because BBM-ENTERPRISE is going to be continued regardless of the shutdown of all the other services, the enterprise BBM will keep me online with my contacts.

So what's happening:
    Yep to do a successful transition you will need a enterprise entitlement prior to the switching over in the standard BBM settings right at the bottom, a few warnings will tell you before you can download and activate BBM-ENTERPRISE.
    And yep during the process you will confirm your "standard BBID" that was used for the enterprise entitlement (in my case it is the very same BBID that is used for my BBW account and the former BBM-CONSUMER account, after download, installation and automatically transition to BBM-ENTERPRISE all BBM contacts and existing groups are instantly available but all chat contents are gone, so you will start clean, just tab one contact after another and they will get a noticed that BBM-ENTERPRISE chat is now enabled, some even get the confirmation that their chat now is protected (that's the few contacts that are running on "BBM-Protect Plus" too visible by a little blue padlock next to the contact icon).
    And yep the process changing the BBM desktop icon in to a "square blueish background and white symbol instead of the old black coloured and labels it BBM Enterprise too" on the screen ;-)

I know this process would not apply to everyone but at least the once who are able to join and continue BBM-ENTERPRISE on their BlackBerry OS10 devices being "enterprise entitled" ask your company or check on
    https://idp.blackberry.com/idp/auth/bbid/login this is the BlackBerry Enterprise ID webside for Admin's where the BBM-protect Plus and enterprise entitlement is being managed!

Remember this is NOT BBMe for iOS and Android, this is a purely BlackBerry OS10 option to continue to make use of BBM on a BlackBerry 10 device.
    (even after January/4/2022) the sun will continue to rise and illuminate the BlackBerry sky as it always did... ;-)

Last edited by BB-nomade; 10-10-20 at 08:05 AM.
    10-10-20 04:43 AM
    Pardon my late waking up and arrival. How do you strip a BBZ10 STL100-3 of the BBID?
    01-03-22 04:57 PM
    Pardon my late waking up and arrival. How do you strip a BBZ10 STL100-3 of the BBID?
    Disable Protect, security wipe, setup without a BBID.
    01-03-22 11:22 PM
136 ... 456