Hello,

Anyone have any luck viewing and logging into the www.alarm.com website? This is used for Alarm Force and Bell Smart Home (Canadian).

I am using a blackberry Q10 and the website just does nothing after logging in. The app in the Blackberry world is also useless (2012 last update).

Should I buy a classic? Looking on the net I see its got the same processor and specs as a q10.

I want to be able to view my cameras/security system.

Any tips or advice? Please don't ask me to buy an android BB.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!
    09-22-18 05:11 PM
    Maybe you have a browser issue. More sites don't work with the stock browser.

Try BEOL browser. Go to BB10 apps forum. There you will see the thread for the BEOL browser near the top. It says new beta browser or work in progress or something. Find the file to download and install (in apk format).

Posted via CB10
    Phillip st likes this.
    09-22-18 11:39 PM
    Hello,

Anyone have any luck viewing and logging into the www.alarm.com website? This is used for Alarm Force and Bell Smart Home (Canadian).

I am using a blackberry Q10 and the website just does nothing after logging in. The app in the Blackberry world is also useless (2012 last update).

Should I buy a classic? Looking on the net I see its got the same processor and specs as a q10.

I want to be able to view my cameras/security system.

Any tips or advice? Please don't ask me to buy an android BB.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!
    Welcome to CB.... if a different browser like markmall suggests, won’t allow you to login, the problem may be with the ART. The app requires 4.4 ART. I’m assuming the browsers have code that can’t go past 4.3 ART. If possible, the BEOL recommendation or another browser like that which gets around the limitation if possible.

Good luck...
    Phillip st likes this.
    09-23-18 06:13 AM
    Thank you markmall! Your suggestion worked like a charm! I had some issues installing the beol apk. But realized I need to reboot my phone. Once I did that it works very nicely.

Now I just need to figure out a way to bookmark the site so it appears as a one touch icon/app.

This forum is filled with helpful advice that extends the life of my bb10 os qwerty's.

Thank you all again!
    09-23-18 11:30 PM
    Thank you markmall! Your suggestion worked like a charm! I had some issues installing the beol apk. But realized I need to reboot my phone. Once I did that it works very nicely.

Now I just need to figure out a way to bookmark the site so it appears as a one touch icon/app.

This forum is filled with helpful advice that extends the life of my bb10 os qwerty's.

Thank you all again!
    Happy could help someone out! Usually it's other way around. These forums are very helpful if you ignore the hecklers telling you to buy the latest Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    Phillip st likes this.
    09-24-18 09:00 AM
    Ahem, I believe I omitted all heckling...... ;-) even gave you props
    Happy could help someone out! Usually it's other way around. These forums are very helpful if you ignore the hecklers telling you to buy the latest Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    Phillip st and glwerry like this.
    09-24-18 09:21 AM
    Ahem, I believe I omitted all heckling...... ;-) even gave you props
    I want to give props to Chuck here, because he did indeed eliminate all heckling. Well done Chuck! Thanks for just helping the BB10 crowd!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-18 09:35 PM
    I want to give props to Chuck here, because he did indeed eliminate all heckling. Well done Chuck! Thanks for just helping the BB10 crowd!

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't singling out anyone. Just sayin'.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-18 12:25 AM