If you are going to be lured away, I would try to be lured away to a platform with apps.
    Yeah. Windows Phone has the same issue with the native apps BlackBerry 10 has. The apps are sometimes a half hearted effort. With updates coming not as often as their iOS and Android counterparts. I think even Microsoft has rolled out versions of Office for Android and iOS that are superior to Windows Phones version. Granted the timing of Windows 10 plays into it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    01-31-15 01:57 AM
    There may be an Ubuntu phone this year. As a long time Linux/Ubuntu user I'll be keeping an eye out for this.

Posted via CB10
    I got one already.
    It's called Nexus 4, LOL, and runs the ROM happily...
    :-)

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    01-31-15 02:32 AM
    Move along people, another "Why no touchscreen flagship (((" thread, and another "we need a BlackBerry tablet (((" thread.

OP: There is nothing wrong with owning a windows tablet "2 in 1" along with a BlackBerry phone.

As for the Z30, it is barely 1 year old now. I do not understand why you see the need to replace it. Even the new Classic has a slower CPU than the Z30, so I assume Z30 will stay smooth for a long time.

And what new windows phone are you going to get anyways? The 930 and the 1520 flagship windows phone has been out almost as long as the Z30 anyways. And there will not be any windows phone flagship phone anytime soon, until Windows 10 becomes available.

Windows Phone is a good choice for people who mostly use Microsoft services, and do not want to get locked into Google or Apple, but I would still stick with BB.
    I wasn't aware that there are lots of threads bemoaning the lack of a tablet or touchscreen device, but that speaks volumes in itself.

Anyway, Judging by the responses to this thread I'd say that there are a fair number of people who are possibly looking to move away from BlackBerry and possibly this has something to do with hardware? Can BlackBerry afford to lose more users? And if they do will this make them less and less interested in the consumer (which of course is fine if that's what their business plan is) and of course that then makes more consumers less interested in BlackBerry. Vicious circle. It's already almost impossible to have a look at a BlackBerry phone without having to go to Selfridges in the UK. But this wasn't my point. I was just stating my thoughts and was interested in other people's views to see what they thought and how I was mistaken or what options I hadn't considered. - BlackBerry blend for instance.

I didn't say it was wrong to have a BlackBerry and a windows tablet - I just like the idea of using one OS. I'd prefer it to be BlackBerry but I know there is no tablet coming for BlackBerry so I'm opting for a windows 2 in 1. But in doing so you get drawn away from BlackBerry a bit more, and when I change my phone i'll be looking at a windows phone as W10 will be out by the time I get around to it as well as what's on offer for BlackBerry. If there's a nice all touch device then maybe i'll stay.

I'm delighted that BlackBerry are recovering and I hope they get back to a highly successful company - and I like my z30 a lot, yes it's smooth and works well, bus so do my families windows phones. But with Android, Apple and now Windows there always seems to be lots of exciting things going on. There's a buzz from MS at the moment and from what I've read people seem to be really liking W10. I like the idea of one OS and the integration that suggests between a phone and tablet / desktop. I've had loads of issues with BlackBerry Link, and mines packed up completely now, can't sync or even see my phone on any pc. I'm thinking I won't have these issues with a windows phone and tablet combo - but I may well be wrong.

What windows phone? Well if they don't bring any new Microsoft flagship touchscreen device out later this year then none! But it does sound like they will.

I think one interesting point from this thread though is that I'm not pissed off with bb, I really like my phone and I tell others about how good it is, yet I'm considering whether to jump ship and I'm not alone. This trend should be a worry for BlackBerry (not me leaving obviously!)

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 04:29 AM
    Well written.

BlackBerry Passport
    01-31-15 05:47 AM
    You have the right to your opinion but it is quite a strange one.
    If there is one thing that BB is associated with is keyboard.
    There second selling point is security and you do not fall into any of the 2 points above making a 'strange' BB user.
    01-31-15 11:57 AM
    So BlackBerrys are only for the people who want security or physical keyboard?!?

BlackBerry Passport
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-31-15 12:03 PM
    So BlackBerrys are only for the people who want security or physical keyboard?!?

BlackBerry Passport
    According to those who listen to Chen.
    01-31-15 12:11 PM

BlackBerry Passport
    That's been what it has been for many years, and with the way Chen is focusing the company with his decisions, seems he wants to go back to serving those customers once again.

The consumers that were with blackberry with the Curve and Pearl models but didn't feel strongly about physical KB have probably mostly left to other platforms over the years.
    The Z10 and Z30 sales numbers seemed to have made Chen refocus everything.

Frosty white Q10/10.3.1.2072
    01-31-15 12:14 PM
    Windows tablets running full Win8.1 Pro are really great, but I'd stay away from Windows phone. I had a Lumia running WP8.0 for the last two years. Performance and hardware is fine, but WP8 is a locked down operating system, even more so than iOS. There's no proper file system for example. Also, the email/communication is about par with iOS and android and is not as good as the Hub. Overall, it's not really built as a productivity device. For example, if I recall correctly, there was no way to save an attachment to the phone and start working on it. Really, if you're going this route, just get an iPhone.

Windows Phone 10 may be a different story.
    There is file manager, it's decent one. You can download file manager made by Microsoft called "Files" on Windows Stores. I have old Lumia 620 and it works well with the latest Windows phone 8.1 Denim firmware. UX gets better. You can also download the attachment from email once you have app "Files" installed. File manager improves after Cyan firmware. You can read almost all files on microsd card as long as the app needed is installed.

WP 8.1 -> Amber update -> Black update -> Cyan update -> Denim update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-31-15 12:17 PM
    From my perspective with the native app gap on BlackBerry, going to WP is the definition of insanity. At least we have the Android runtime which most people running 10.3.x will agree is much better than 10.2 or lower.

To be fair, going from WP to BlackBerry makes no sense either if the App thing is important. Android runtime is not perfect...for some. I'm actually okay with it, but I can see the cons such as no Google services.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.1.1133 / Telus
    lift likes this.
    01-31-15 12:57 PM
    From my perspective with the native app gap on BlackBerry, going to WP is the definition of insanity. At least we have the Android runtime which most people running 10.3.x will agree is much better than 10.2 or lower.

To be fair, going from WP to BlackBerry makes no sense either if the App thing is important. Android runtime is not perfect...for some. I'm actually okay with it, but I can see the cons such as no Google services.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.1.1133 / Telus
    You don't have Google services on WP either lol...

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 01:35 PM
    You don't have Google services on WP either lol...

Posted via CB10
    But they have equal or better devices of their own.
    01-31-15 03:18 PM
    I've not used Blend yet, maybe it'll change my mind!

It's interesting how some people are physical keyboarders and some aren't. I type more accurately and faster on my z30 than I can on a proper keyboard. I always tell people I just have to tap at the keyboard randomly and the phone knows exactly what I wanted to type. It really is quite impressive. Mind you, not having used properly any other phones they're all probably like that now!

Posted via CB10
    As far as keyboards I haven't liked anything as much as my BlackBerry 10 on screen keyboard ios and android devices in my house as well and they even respect the typing experience on my Z30. I haven't tried a windows phone but I do have a Windows 8.1 touch screen laptop and I still don't have the flow quite yet (been almost a month). I really do prefer, universal search, the hub, toast notifications and the interface of BlackBerry 10.

Blend works well and would allow you to have your tablet and your BlackBerry all at the same time.

I have heard that an all touch passport is coming. I am not suggesting you shouldn't go to Windows phone, but would advise that you should give it a little more time (MWC in March) as you might just find what you like in your own backyard. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-31-15 04:45 PM
63 123