01-31-15 04:45 PM
63 123
tools
    I love Windows Phone, and it'll probably get even better with Windows Phone 10. My only real problem for Windows Phone is that there's no good file management. It supports "drag and drop" but it's that laggy MTP stuff that takes 3x longer than the SD card mounted as a drive. I like how BlackBerry has True Mass Storage Mode (not MTP), has the ability to zip/unzip files, and ability to change properties like changing a PNG extension to JPEG. I also think BlackBerry 10 has better HTML5 support, for now, and overall better web browser. With that said, Windows Phone is catching up. They're going to add instant replies like BlackBerry, Skype integration to their message hub, they have Twitter integration to their people hub, there's a new browser named Spartan, there's in built OneDrive and they have a badass Outlook app (with a new one in the way). Most importantly they made their music, video, photos, etc apps independent of the OS so if they want to update them they don't need carrier permission. They're also manufacturing top quality phones for a very cheap price. Their new low end phones come with a 1GB of RAM for emerging 3rd Word Markets. That's just the problem though. As of now there's no high end Lumia phone outside of having Verizon as a carrier, who hate Windows Phone.

Posted via CB10
    vgorous likes this.
    01-30-15 03:49 AM
    I've been using a Passport for about two weeks now but before that I was using a Lumia 930. Never had a WindowsPhone before but because the build quality and the screen of the phone I decided to give it a go. And to be honest I used the Nokia for about 10month and I can say the OS is great fast smooth easy to get use to it and operate. Fantastic screen and Cortana! And the windows store is loaded with apps. Whoever says that there are no apps in the windows store never really checked it! Way better than blackberry world! I'm ok without millions of apps but as it was stated BlackBerry is stagnating. Microsoft is making WindowsPhone better rapidly with big and small improvements and the OS is not locked down anymore! Files could be transferred easily bvia bluetooth and any mp3 could be used for ringtones. Using the Passport now I have that feeling every day I should be using the Lumia because the overall experience is better for me. I am not a fanboy at all and I still think BB10 is very intuitive but I feel that the gestures and swipes are not enough any more! It's a hard decision for me. And if I decide to go the windows way we will sell my GFs Passport as well to get a Lumia 930. Unless Lenovo comes out with a windows mobile. Btw Blend works fine on my Thinkpad 8 and on my GFs Thinkpad Yoga!

BlackBerry Passport
    01-30-15 06:56 AM
    Blend works great on my Surface Pro 3 with both my PP & Z30
    Is that only when using the type cover kb? I have an 8" win 8.1 tablet and can't stand using blend on it without a pkb. It's a pain to have to touch the kb to invoke it and then you can't see what you're typing then you have to close the kb. Rinse and repeat.
    01-30-15 07:11 AM
    That fluidity on Windows phone you guys talk about seems like "super slow GUI" to me. I can't wait for all this "fluid" transitions.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 08:06 AM
    I love windows phone. Consider it the best OS in terms of UI, the way it feels and its uniqueness (acc. to me, doesn't mean what you think I mean).
    It is super smooth. Only the lack of apps are shifting me towards another brands.
    Seriously.... I want the same fluidness in BlackBerry too(even in the android runtime). I know it would be difficult but it is not impossible at all.
    If BlackBerry could do that, it would be the best OS in market atleast in my point of view.

Posted Via : The Beast 'BlackBerry Z10'
    01-30-15 08:56 AM
    Is that only when using the type cover kb? I have an 8" win 8.1 tablet and can't stand using blend on it without a pkb. It's a pain to have to touch the kb to invoke it and then you can't see what you're typing then you have to close the kb. Rinse and repeat.
    No, I don't use the KB very much but I do think it might be easier to use than an on an 8" screen. I think because the screen is so big it makes the virtual keyboard bigger and there is still enough screen space so it doesn't cover up everything.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-15 01:49 PM
    Windows 10 has a VERY good chance to be very successfull in the device business.

It's a shame BlackBerry failed once again and tricking users to buy a low end device with high end prize tag just to get 10.3.1 (classic) didn't help.

Why Blackberry not listening to their customers is really beyond me.

I

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    01-30-15 01:54 PM
    They really need to add Outlook as a basic component to Windows 10....

But I will say that with my Z10 2 year mark coming up that Windows has been a consideration. But I think they are focused on the mid to low end when it comes to any newer hardware. Seems like the next "flagship" wasn't coming until next fall...
    01-30-15 02:19 PM
    Yep for me its windows phone if blackberry would ever quit making phones

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 03:42 PM
    I think that's the way I would go also. If it weren't for BB winphone might make headway
    01-30-15 03:51 PM
    Yep for me its windows phone if blackberry would ever quit making phones

Posted via CB10
    Definitely, that goes for me too!!

01-30-15 04:13 PM
    What is tempting me is the integration of Windows 10 in the coming year.... Having used it on my PC as my basic driver for the last couple of months ( only issue I have had is gaming but that is to be expected )... Found it be the best Windows itteration i have ever used.....I am keen to see how Windows 10 goes on their smarphones... first platform that has tempted me to move from BB..... am getting quite put off with BB not supporting the consumer market ( though I understand why ).... just as a consumer it would be nice to have some products geared towards us... not in the cards at present so a switch to Windows 10 phone could very well be in the cards.... will have to see...
    01-30-15 04:22 PM
    Windows Phone? no thanks, can't handle my business with a lumia or something, love my Blackberry 10 device, the best!!
    01-30-15 04:30 PM
    Haven't checked out windows 10 so far but 8.1 is cool I think useful and well integrated already! Still rocking my Passport but keeping my 930 just in case! :-)

BlackBerry Passport
    01-30-15 04:47 PM
    I was waiting for a BlackBerry tablet but also the playbook get no update's and my daughter and wife complaing since the summer about how slow the playbook was and the daughter complaining about YouTube was not working good and some movies didn't start and they are right.

The Playbook is dead in our family and my wife get her windows tablet since a few weeks and she wanted the BlackBerry Classic but she just bought a Windows Phone just like that. She used here whole life BlackBerry and I'm only using BlackBerry 10 since it came out. So that is number one leaving BlackBerry.

Number 2 is my daughter who using a Android now and she has a nice 7 inch tablet with netfilx,YouTube, streaming television etc. She loves it and there I see another lost in the family for BlackBerry. (2 playbooks eating dust now)

Number 3 is my brother who hated the Z10 battery and he just bought the Sony Z2 or 3 (newest) and he also bought a new tablet from Samsung with a 10 inch screen.

I'm the only one now using my BlackBerry Passport and a Playbook 64 GB. I gone buy my self also a new tablet but waiting for lolipop or maybe also going to by a windows tablet . I stick with my Passport but I Always buy every 9 months a new Phone and this is my third BlackBerry 10 Phone.

I don't like it but they are right in some way and now my daughter promoting her android and years there for it was BlackBerry. It feels like the final frontier.

So there you have it

Some people are forced to move on. It's BlackBerry own fault not updating the playbook , because that was two people moving away from BlackBerry in my family and for me ,I get doubts but I love BlackBerry 10. Still wonder why BlackBerry did't support update for the browser or android runtime for the playbook.

I
    01-30-15 04:54 PM
    My wife has a Nokia 825?? From work and I've used it and I like it. I have a z10 and like it.

I don't know if the nokia allows for good android google app integration or not. Choosing between windows and android I'd probably choose android to get the better android Google integration because dealing with Google play services on BlackBerry is painful at best.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 09:09 PM
    There may be an Ubuntu phone this year. As a long time Linux/Ubuntu user I'll be keeping an eye out for this.

Posted via CB10
    I would only use it a secondary phone, though.
    01-30-15 09:10 PM
    I admit I have not read any of the posts in this thread. However, it just seems ridiculous.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    01-30-15 09:38 PM
    I'm a new BlackBerry user in that I never had one before a year ago and I just can't see why anyone would choose android over bb10. You wanna play games get an x box. I haven't messed with a Windows phone but BlackBerry is about security. Microsoft is not.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 09:44 PM
    Is a bb any more secure when not on a BES? I don't know but not sure it is.
    01-30-15 09:48 PM
    Is a bb any more secure when not on a BES? I don't know but not sure it is.
    I'm guessing that it is if you have encryption on and your password set. That's for the BlackBerry.
    Now, if you're thinking of BBM, that's a different story lol

Frosty white Q10/10.3.1.2072
    01-30-15 10:02 PM
    I used a few different Windows 8.1 phones. I missed BB10 so much that now I only use the Windows phone as a secondary or back-up device. My Q10 is just so much better in so many ways. Also I read Windows phone central website sometimes and I have noticed that some Banks are dropping their Windows phone apps. I'm not much of an app person but with Windows phone not able to run Android apps, the app problem seems to be getting worse not better.
    01-30-15 10:32 PM
    I like the OS. Cortana is getting better, and I hope MSFT sticks to the long, hard native development road.
    01-30-15 10:45 PM
    Move along people, another "Why no touchscreen flagship (((" thread, and another "we need a BlackBerry tablet (((" thread.

OP: There is nothing wrong with owning a windows tablet "2 in 1" along with a BlackBerry phone.

As for the Z30, it is barely 1 year old now. I do not understand why you see the need to replace it. Even the new Classic has a slower CPU than the Z30, so I assume Z30 will stay smooth for a long time.

And what new windows phone are you going to get anyways? The 930 and the 1520 flagship windows phone has been out almost as long as the Z30 anyways. And there will not be any windows phone flagship phone anytime soon, until Windows 10 becomes available.

Windows Phone is a good choice for people who mostly use Microsoft services, and do not want to get locked into Google or Apple, but I would still stick with BB.
    01-31-15 12:32 AM
    nope not for I got no interest in a windows phone at all
    01-31-15 12:40 AM
63 123