I'd say I hate a bug but to say hate on a broader spectrum, idk.. can share in the sentiment that there are certain os release versions that have been less or more prone to showing some problems but given what morale they have to work with I think the people, and I'd like to let them know, at BlackBerry are doing a real fine job! That doesn't mean I don't have my gripes with the OS, I do with all OSes out there, but I see these early 10.3.2 releases having some nice, intuitive, useful, refreshing, and promising features.

10.2.1 was an amazing update when I first loaded it and will always be memorably pleasing but I wouldn't want to go back to it today .
    06-29-15 07:07 AM
    I've got two updates since getting my Classic in December. They have all been stable. I'm not sure I would call that a lot of updates. Surely you're not installing all those leaks and complaining about bugs?

Anyone want to wager that the OP never returns to this post? Someone should come up with a term for such behaviour...

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 07:20 AM
    What data would you lose? You realize BlackBerry is pretty much the only platform out there with amazing backup/ restore capabilities via BlackBerry Link right?
    I think the issue is that some people recommend using an autoloader without restoring data afterwards, as the solution to various OS problems. For some of us, this is no solution. In my own case, as I've mentioned in many other threads, I have about 540 Word Substitution entries for common English words. These enable me to type very fast with the PKB. I've used this approach since my first BlackBerry, and even before, on a Danger SideKick. If I don't do a restore, these entries are lost and must be entered again by hand, a very long and tedious process. There's no third-party backup option because BlackBerry hasn't released the API for it. So for me, and for others in a similar boat, autoloader without restore just isn't an option.
    06-29-15 07:28 AM
    My biggest complain is WIFI for my unlocked Z30 (10.3.2 directly from BB). It keeps on-and-off no matter how strong WIFI signals are while our other phones are OK.
    06-29-15 07:41 AM
    Is this a JC thread?
    06-29-15 07:53 AM
    Haters gonna hate
    Irish Blues likes this.
    06-29-15 08:19 AM
    Am really fed up with BlackBerry OS!!!!

They are releasing lots and lots of versions but nothing is stable and bug free!!!

(Music stammering when increasing or decreasing volume)

( delay in attending calls and hung up calls)

( battery life is not good)

( lots and lots of hanging and flickering and lagging while using phone)

( when compared to 10.3.1 OS, the older version 10.2.1 is far far far way more better...)

My question to BlackBerry is " what's the point of releasing back to back 10.3.1.xxxx versions when nothing is stable... why dont you concentrate on single version which is flawless and bug free "....

Please support me if you think the things I said is true!!! Lets make BlackBerry realise!!!

Posted via CB10
    True but this is the reality we must face it
    Blaze_Rider likes this.
    06-29-15 08:20 AM
    This guy is right, since 10.3 we haven't had an stable OS. Everyone with iPhones or Androids update and if there�s a bug it is fixed 2 days later. With BlackBery we have to wait like we waited for 10.3.1 to arrive and came full of bugs. Why are you telling people to reload everything on their phones? We shouldn�t have to do that just because they can't gen anything right. And I love Blackberry and im not trying to be troll, but this is true.
    06-29-15 08:33 AM
    This guy is right, since 10.3 we haven't had an stable OS. Everyone with iPhones or Androids update and if there�s a bug it is fixed 2 days later. With BlackBery we have to wait like we waited for 10.3.1 to arrive and came full of bugs. Why are you telling people to reload everything on their phones? We shouldn�t have to do that just because they can't gen anything right. And I love Blackberry and im not trying to be troll, but this is true.
    You see the exact same threads like this on Android and iOS sites. No different. Grass is always greener...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2252
    06-29-15 08:36 AM
    Is this really true enough to be a blanket statement for people that only install official OS pushed updates?
    Not saying there hasn't been some who haven't experienced some bugs for various reasons, but I think the greater majority like myself haven't.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 09:01 AM
    Yaa man!!! You are actully right 10.2 was good as compared to the 10.3 in this os keyboard layout is very bad and i'm also experiencing these issues

Posted via CB10
    Doing a fresh install of 10.2.2.1619 today
    06-29-15 10:17 AM
    Trollin Trollin Trollin....keep the threads a trollin....

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Blacklatino, der_mit and bungaboy like this.
    06-29-15 10:30 AM
    What data would you lose? You realize BlackBerry is pretty much the only platform out there with amazing backup/ restore capabilities via BlackBerry Link right? I've blown mine away several time taking g a full backup beforehand and restoring all application data and setting afterwards and never lost a thing. All you need to do is put in your account passwords again and the device will be identical to what it was before but with the updated Os

Posted via CB10
    Guess you've never tried iOS, their backup/restore is much cleaner then trying to get BB link to work, either over the air or iTunes.
    BigAl_BB9900 and SMocek like this.
    06-29-15 10:56 AM
    Guys, you realize OP never answered to the questions : " what is your OS version ?" an "do U search for help ?"

So this might be a bad section choice ... as well.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-29-15 01:23 PM
    Guys sorry for the late reply!!!
    My model is Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2582...

I had 10.2.1 and I was eagerly waiting for 10.3.1 to release officially... I got notification in hub for official 10.3.1.1776 and I updated via Wi-Fi...

After updating, for couple of months my battery wont last for more than 5 hrs, songs and video stammered la lot when changing volumes, lots of lags and hangs which I never experienced in 10.2.1.... phone gets heated while using, lag in attending calls and in hungging up calls and advanced intractions not working .. I hate it to the core and waited to get another official update....

But it never came for 3 months and many advised in CB threads to get a autoloader... I security wiped my device then autoloaded 10.3.1.2582... and all the problems got reduced but still it was not considerably reduced!!!

Till now am searching to get a stable version but everyone complains about each and every versions of 10.3.1 and recommend not to use....

I have got only one official release of 10.3.1 and that too full and full of bugs... now just tell me is there any wrong in my query!!!
    Beginning to dislike BlackBerry OS-img_20150630_003506.png

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 02:06 PM
    Are you here looking for help with a specific issue...?

If so, what kind of phone? What OS? Screenshots?

Posted via my gorgeous red Passport
    I agree with the OP, BlackBerry 10.3 is very glitchy.

For example, checkboxes magically unchecking themselves, delays in phone calls when answering, its as if the phone app stalls. NOT BEING ABLE TO IGNORE A CALL WITHOUT HANGING IT UP, WTF.

I have been blackberry's biggest fan and used to promote blackberry to everyone, and even I am hating my Q10 now, it makes so sad.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 08:51 PM
    Ok OP, have retitled your thread, 'hate' is a bit harsh. STL1 has always been a problem child, with battery and all sorts of other issues.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-29-15 08:52 PM
    I agree with the OP, BlackBerry 10.3 is very glitchy.

For example, checkboxes magically unchecking themselves, delays in phone calls when answering, its as if the phone app stalls. NOT BEING ABLE TO IGNORE A CALL WITHOUT HANGING IT UP, WTF.

I have been blackberry's biggest fan and used to promote blackberry to everyone, and even I am hating my Q10 now, it makes so sad.

Posted via CB10
    Before you throw in the towel, try a nice clean install of 10.3.2.2339 - with no restore. You will be very happy. Buttery smooth.

Link to autoloader:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1026452

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    06-29-15 08:55 PM
    I agree with OP about how some leaks are unstable - I myself went through hell looking for a stable OS. Currently did a clean, autoloader install of 10.3.2.840 two weeks ago. It's been stable on my locked Verizon Z30, and I'm going to leave it alone until an official OS release comes out.

As far as instability goes, here's a rundown of other devices:

iPhones/iPads - official OS updates that are not compatible with their hardware. Considered "old tech" they are forced to just upgrade to the latest iPhone or iPad.

Android - official OS is buggy, other option is to "root" the device. Custom ROMs optimizes phone's performance, but gradually becomes slow and unstable over time. Other option is to upgrade, or get new ROM.

Windows Phone - as far as I know, is NOT unstable, but lacks in so many features.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 10:40 PM
    Programs also close if I dont use them for a while, for example, I was just in the process of going through all my apps permission settings, I was half way through, minimized the app and did not close it, 4 hours later I went to return to the task but my settings window is no longer open, now how do I know where I was in this task? So ridiculous... I will try a fresh install and see if that fixes it.

Many of my grievances are DESIGN DESICIONS however.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:10 AM
    Ok OP, have retitled your thread, 'hate' is a bit harsh. STL1 has always been a problem child, with battery and all sorts of other issues.
    Who should be responsible for that? BlackBerry? Or us for buying an STL100-1 which is a BLACKBERRY phone?

Posted via CB10
    Blaze_Rider likes this.
    06-30-15 06:24 AM
    Before you throw in the towel, try a nice clean install of 10.3.2.2339 - with no restore. You will be very happy. Buttery smooth.

Link to autoloader:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1026452

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Is this a solution? Do you ever go to a phone company for support and they tell you "hey why don't you just reinstall your OS and wipe everything on it?" I have never seen someone on IOS suggest that to another IOS user or Apple telling their users to do so, not to mention that 10.3.2 isn't officially released by BlackBerry for non-bb shop purchased phones

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 06:27 AM
    Is this a solution? Do you ever go to a phone company for support and they tell you "hey why don't you just reinstall your OS and wipe everything on it?" I have never seen someone on IOS suggest that to another IOS user or Apple telling their users to do so, not to mention that 10.3.2 isn't officially released by BlackBerry for non-bb shop purchased phones

Posted via CB10
    Gf had a problem with her iPhone (apps crashing). Brought it to Apple store and they said she has to wipe the phone and isn't allowed to restore a backup "or it will restore the corruption". So same crap on iPhone too.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-30-15 06:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why are you ranting to me? I proposed a solution that will most likely solve the issue. I'm here to help work the problem, not provide you with a target for your frustration.

Incidentally I've had to wipe iPhones before - and Android devices too many times to mention.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    der_mit and bungaboy like this.
    06-30-15 06:35 AM
    Your carrier is the one who's releasing these updates. They're supposed to test them and fix any bugs they find. If you downloaded an autoloader then I guess that's your issue. I enjoyed every new release of BB10 software. I never received or downloaded the autoloader to 10.3 or 10.3.1 but have 10.3.2 and I enjoy it. When you have issues don't blame BlackBerry blame your carrier same with Android. Only Apple releases software without carrier involvement.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 06:55 AM
77 1234