Using the private browser prevents the Jabuticaba popup, but it also prevents kijiji from displaying pictures, which makes it pretty useless to me.
    So it sounds like jabuticaba is the ad delivery platform that's been chosen by kijiji and perhaps others? What else could explain why private browsing kills it but regular browsing doesn't? Adware cares about private browsing settings?
    08-20-15 11:57 AM
    I've been infected with the heebie-jeebies. What do I do?

Typed on my posh black Classic.

Wash your mouth out with soap and then reboot. oh yeah, don't forget to clear the cache.
    08-20-15 04:30 PM
    I don't even know how or if that's possible lol. I mean, I open shady stuff on my device intentionally because I know it can't get infected.
    Exactly!

 Classic
    08-20-15 07:34 PM
    I am never on wifi since I have a 6GB data plan.

Just went to use private browsing to test, seems to be gone. Guess I will have to clear history as well. And of course, pop up blocker is on by default but it somehow bypasses that

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 11:32 PM
    So it sounds like there is a pattern between kijiji or other Canadian website, the Passport, and Canadian carriers. I tried kijiji and I don't see those ads at all. On Verizon.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-21-15 12:15 AM
    Yeah, maybe your provider is injecting **** into those websites. Read a news once where a provider was modifying webpages on the fly and injected ads into them.

****ty as hell behaviour, but I wouldn't wonder if your mobile provider did sth similar. You should ask people with the same provider if they have similar ads.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 01:37 AM
    Yeah, maybe your provider is injecting **** into those websites. Read a news once where a provider was modifying webpages on the fly and injected ads into them.

****ty as hell behaviour, but I wouldn't wonder if your mobile provider did sth similar. You should ask people with the same provider if they have similar ads.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah try the same sites on wifi-only mode and see if it still happens. The stock browser sucks so badly without ad blocking or JS disabling.
    08-21-15 03:55 AM
    This won't make it go away, but at least we'll see how it is injected. You can Save Page and give us the saved file. We'll take a look at it.
    08-21-15 05:26 AM
    Might want to try the Kijiji App...... some sites are not mobile friendly with all the Adds and Pop-ups they have.
    Flatman likes this.
    08-21-15 08:33 AM
    I went to this jabuticaba site to learn how to remove it but thought that might be a bad idea .
    I had pop up blocker set to on . And I have only native apps to BB and am very carefull about downloads . I don't know how or when jabuticaba was down loaded but I would love some guidance how to properly remove it and or where can I get it done . I took the phone to a telus rep and he said its a virus but offered nothing as far as how to have it removed . What a loser. I will not deal with these idiots at Telus again.
    08-26-15 12:17 AM
    I went to this jabuticaba site to learn how to remove it but thought that might be a bad idea .
    I had pop up blocker set to on . And I have only native apps to BB and am very carefull about downloads . I don't know how or when jabuticaba was down loaded but I would love some guidance how to properly remove it and or where can I get it done . I took the phone to a telus rep and he said its a virus but offered nothing as far as how to have it removed . What a loser. I will not deal with these idiots at Telus again.
    08-26-15 12:18 AM
    Doubt the legitimacy of the OP.
    I also do everything under the sun with my BlackBerry and never never have I ever had anything remotely close to impacting or compromising my phone or browser.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 07:26 AM
    The "virus" would have to run headless and be able to "break" into the browser... which honestly I doubt someone will spend all the effort to do it on a platform that not much people uses (compared to Android).

Remember the idea of adwares are that it create traffic to collect advertising revenues, BlackBerry 10 just doesn't look like the best platform if you want ad revenues

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 07:46 AM
    Read my last response. It's not a virus it's just adware.
    Clear your entire browsing data, history cookies and everything.
    08-26-15 09:08 AM
    My wife has had these for awhile now(failed to tell me). Would have those bargain pricing comparisons pop up all over shopping sites. And would also give a new tab pop up.
    Tab would link here (don't advise clicking but you can see the string) http://asmm6697.biz/rt/lp3.php?u=1&e...ri%2F537.35%2B

tab page looked like this:
    Been infected with the jabuticaba Adware virus on my BlackBerry 10-img_20150829_114555.jpg

clearing cache and history. as well as removing exempted site that i didnt recognize... then reboot seems to have gotten rid of the issue. she is happy... means i am happy.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Last edited by dpw09; 08-29-15 at 03:52 PM. Reason: adding image
    hemertwv and vernel like this.
    08-29-15 03:34 PM
    From what you say it appears to have some way of writing to exempt site lists, nasty!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:16 PM
    Got this also in my google chrome on win7. It shows as Ads by (random word). Random word could be AdBlocker, jauticaba, etc. Haven't been able to fix it except by reinstalling chrome. I just don't know with the default browser of BB10. Probably by Security Wipe
    08-30-15 07:33 AM
    I have the same problem as OP.
    09-01-15 06:20 AM
    Just close all your tabs, then go to Settings > Privacy and Security. At the bottom, tap on "Clear Cookies and other Data" (and Clear History" too as you obviously have the culprit in there). Close the browser, restart the phone.

That said, your traffic can also be reshaped between your phone and your destination by an infected router at home or at your provider...
    09-01-15 07:09 AM
    Just wipe your cache.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    09-01-15 12:21 PM
    Just close all your tabs, then go to Settings > Privacy and Security. At the bottom, tap on "Clear Cookies and other Data" (and Clear History" too as you obviously have the culprit in there). Close the browser, restart the phone.

That said, your traffic can also be reshaped between your phone and your destination by an infected router at home or at your provider...
    My settings - security and privacy. doesn't have the "clear cookies and other data" section on my Z30 on OS 10.3.1.2582 can you be more specific, Thanks
    09-01-15 03:13 PM
    Just wipe your cache.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    Can you explain how, thanks
    09-01-15 03:14 PM
    Can you explain how, thanks
    Open the browser - Settings - Privacy and Security - Clear Cookies and Other Data / Clear History

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    daveycrocket likes this.
    09-01-15 03:45 PM
    My settings - security and privacy. doesn't have the "clear cookies and other data" section on my Z30 on OS 10.3.1.2582 can you be more specific, Thanks
    As kgbbz10 stated, in the Browser settings, not the System settings
    daveycrocket likes this.
    09-01-15 04:16 PM
    Haven't seen it on my phone yet but on my laptop it's everywhere IDK why it wasn't like that before, started a month ago or so

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    09-01-15 04:47 PM
63 123