Not exactly. No need to swipe: just touch the tiny clock on top once. So I would call it from one and a half to two touches.
    Sorry, but that's one and a half to two touches too many for some people around here.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.2039
    05-18-14 11:49 AM
    Philosophically I am OK with having to do these two touches deliberately because this signals my mind that the day's action is over. I don't even like BlackBerry to be my bedside clock because even in bedside mode it is still associated with action in my mind. I keep it in adjacent room.
    05-18-14 11:54 AM
    Sorry, but that's one and a half to two touches too many for some people around here.

I would like to relate but it is difficult because they are too lucky: they don't seem to have a need to add just a little more charge to the battery earlier in the day.

I do most of the days.
    05-18-14 11:59 AM
    I would like to relate but it is difficult because they are too lucky: they don't seem to have a need to add just a little more charge to the battery earlier in the day.

I do most of the days.
    Well, I would agree that they should consider themselves lucky to have the opportunity to complain and moan about little things. Battery charging is another topic with many other threads.

05-18-14 12:03 PM
    Does anyone know of an app that would do this?

If there is no app, it should be pretty straightforward to code and I will look into making something

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    While you're at it could you fix the PIN watermark glitch as well?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 12:04 PM
    While you're at it could you fix the PIN watermark glitch as well?

Posted via CB10
    That's not a glitch. Early OS10 builds prior to .1000 have them.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.2180
    05-18-14 12:12 PM
    That's not a glitch. Early OS10 builds prior to .1000 have them.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.2180
    I hope not we aren't even at 3 yet (officially)

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 12:15 PM
    Is there a way to add Bedside mode or anything else as an option when you swipe down from the top of the screen?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 01:23 PM
    That's fine that you prefer to do it this way. There?s no point in spending so much energy in arguing, that was not the point from the beginning. We are all different and like things to be customized for our own use. Especially that this was a feature in the previous OS7 which BlackBerry could have transferred it in the new OS10...

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.2102)
    05-18-14 01:38 PM

No need to be abrasive here! There's no need for sarcastic comments...as far as I can see the OP didn't attack you in any ways, it was just a wish that the feature from OS7 to be available in OS10. It's fine that you prefer it this way, give us an opportunity to have it in a different way!

05-18-14 01:41 PM
    Is there a way to add Bedside mode or anything else as an option when you swipe down from the top of the screen?

Posted via CB10
    Go to Settings/Quick Settings and there you can enable what do you want to have available.
    Bedside mode while charging?-img_20140518_144404.png

world saviour likes this.
    05-18-14 01:44 PM
    No need to be abrasive here! There's no need for sarcastic comments...as far as I can see the OP didn't attack you in any ways, it was just a wish that the feature from OS7 to be available in OS10. It's fine that you prefer it this way, give us an opportunity to have it in a different way!

Unfortunately, you haven't been here long enough to see all the threads from people always complaining about what they used to have on some other device that they didn't include on this one. Get over it and get on with your lives and use what you have now no matter what it does or doesn't have. Quit the whining and complaining. And there's always room for abrasive and sarcastic comments, because if I have to put up with everyone's whining, you all have to put up with me. Of course, I don't have to read or respond, but neither do you. And as for having things a different way, sure they could have 10 pages of settings so everyone could have the option to do it their way. But then, guess what? Whining and complaining about having to tap and swipe through so many screens, it takes too long to find what I want to change. Whine, whine and whine some more. Now aren't you glad that I don't have anything better for do today?

05-18-14 02:17 PM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned to you, but you can follow this process (which I apply myself) :
    1) Push the lock button of your phone
    2) Connect your charger in the phone
    3) Slide down from top bezel to activate bedside mode.

You can also connect your charger first and push twice the power button and then slide down from the top.

In my case, I also fully deactivate the radios (gsm, wifi, bluetoooth) while in bedside so I'm quite happy if it is not activated automatically, especially that I also plug in my car and at work !

However, in the meantime, I sent an email to BlackBerry devs guys, not sure if they will read them though...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 02:46 PM
    Unfortunately, you haven't been here long enough to see all the threads from people always complaining about what they used to have on some other device that they didn't include on this one. Get over it and get on with your lives and use what you have now no matter what it does or doesn't have. Quit the whining and complaining. And there's always room for abrasive and sarcastic comments, because if I have to put up with everyone's whining, you all have to put up with me. Of course, I don't have to read or respond, but neither do you. And as for having things a different way, sure they could have 10 pages of settings so everyone could have the option to do it their way. But then, guess what? Whining and complaining about having to tap and swipe through so many screens, it takes too long to find what I want to change. Whine, whine and whine some more. Now aren't you glad that I don't have anything better for do today?

What you are calling "whining and complaining" I call it a decent request! The fact that I have not been on this forum as long as you have been doesn't give you the right to dismiss the legit request/wish. I know that there are a lot of settings requested but some of them are really useful to some of us. For instance what if you don't charge your phone during the night? With this setting I wouldn't have to remember to put in bedside mode. And also the fact that you want to charge during the day and don't want it to enter the bedside mode that can be addressed in the settings.

05-18-14 03:14 PM
    What you are calling "whining and complaining" I call it a decent request! The fact that I have not been on this forum as long as you have been doesn't give you the right to dismiss the legit request/wish. I know that there are a lot of settings requested but some of them are really useful to some of us. For instance what if you don't charge your phone during the night? With this setting I wouldn't have to remember to put in bedside mode. And also the fact that you want to charge during the day and don't want it to enter the bedside mode that can be addressed in the settings.

Well, if you don't charge your phone at night, there's no need to put it in the dock and have it automatically go into bedside mode as the OP wanted to do. And you can charge during the day without going into bedside mode, now. What's your point? Perhaps you are becoming confused with the real issue which is someone not wanting to take an extra second and an extra swipe to get something done, which is just ridiculous to complain about. If you are talking about ten minutes or ten swipes, then complaining would be warranted. Otherwise, pure laziness in my opinion.

05-18-14 03:56 PM
    Is there a way to automatically enable bedside mode while the phone is charging?

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    There just might be. Let me sleep on it and I'll get back to you.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    05-18-14 04:09 PM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned to you, but you can follow this process (which I apply myself) :
    1) Push the lock button of your phone
    2) Connect your charger in the phone
    3) Slide down from top bezel to activate bedside mode.

You can also connect your charger first and push twice the power button and then slide down from the top.

In my case, I also fully deactivate the radios (gsm, wifi, bluetoooth) while in bedside so I'm quite happy if it is not activated automatically, especially that I also plug in my car and at work !

However, in the meantime, I sent an email to BlackBerry devs guys, not sure if they will read them though...

Posted via CB10
    Don't have to put on charge. You can go into bedside mode from the lock screen regardless if you are plugged in or not

STL-4. 10.2.1.3175 w/ 1259 clock
    05-18-14 07:50 PM
    Well, if you don't charge your phone at night, there's no need to put it in the dock and have it automatically go into bedside mode as the OP wanted to do. And you can charge during the day without going into bedside mode, now. What's your point? Perhaps you are becoming confused with the real issue which is someone not wanting to take an extra second and an extra swipe to get something done, which is just ridiculous to complain about. If you are talking about ten minutes or ten swipes, then complaining would be warranted. Otherwise, pure laziness in my opinion.

Would you kindly shut the **** up and take your nonsense elsewhere? Thanks.

Oh wait. I can do that for you by adding you to my ignore list. Done.

Anyone else who would like to ignore this bull** can click here: http://forums.crackberry.com/profile...nore&u=3052720
    This will add misternonsense to your ignore list so the crackberry will automatically leave his posts out so you never have to read one of his ignorant posts again

Now back to finding a way to simplify entering bedside mode when you're tired and just reach over to place your phone on the charger without looking at it and needing to wait for it to charge so you can swipe the screen...
    decoy7 likes this.
    05-19-14 04:51 AM
    I can imagine a case where this feature will be annoying. I am low on power while working on a report or email. Plug it in and boom, bed side mode.
    In legacy BBOS you could set Bedside Mode to only activate during certain hours.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    05-19-14 04:53 AM
    In legacy BBOS you could set Bedside Mode to only activate during certain hours.

You could also choose whether or not you wanted it to do this automatically at all or not. (not just specific hours although that was a very nice feature! )

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-19-14 04:56 AM
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 08:41 AM

Oh how I miss this feature.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 08:44 AM
    Could it be any simpler than swiping down from the lock screen?

Posted via CB10
    God 1nce said

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 04:27 PM
    Thanks for telling all those meat heads, I think it's ridiculous that BlackBerry left it out in bb10 I had my bedside mode set to activate after I plugged it in but only at 11:00pm and goes off at 6:00am (that meant nothing would happen if it was plugged in before) and I think we should have the option to set the screen brightness on bedside mode separate from the home screen, when I put my phone on bedside mode I have to turn down the brightness at night and turn it back up in the morning

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 10:02 PM
    Thanks for telling all those meat heads, I think it's ridiculous that BlackBerry left it out in bb10 I had my bedside mode set to activate after I plugged it in but only at 11:00pm and goes off at 6:00am (that meant nothing would happen if it was plugged in before) and I think we should have the option to set the screen brightness on bedside mode separate from the home screen, when I put my phone on bedside mode I have to turn down the brightness at night and turn it back up in the morning

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I was shocked when I saw it wasn't there when BB10 was released & was certain it would show ASAP in an update....we are now. numerous updates down the road & still no charging bedside mode

I'm hopeful that it will appear in 10.3.1 but so far I've not heard any mention of it....Maybe Chen is so busy turning BlackBerry around that he doesn't sleep so he doesn't realize how inconvenient it is not having that legacy BBOS feature...

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 12:35 AM
69 123