Is there a way to automatically enable bedside mode while the phone is charging?

I know it can be done manually, but I want it to be automatic and not have to swipe into bedside mode every time I set my phone down on the charger.

I've got a Verizon Z30 with wireless charging and just picked up a TYLT Vu charging cradle. So now my phone can be my bedside clock.

I can't find a setting that makes this automatic... it used to be standard on bbos??

If there's no built in setting, is there an app that does this?

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    julianrt likes this.
    05-12-14 04:46 PM
    No automatic way that I know of. The simplest way in connect the charger while the device is locked(screen is off), when the screen lights up pull down from top.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-12-14 04:50 PM
    I can imagine a case where this feature will be annoying. I am low on power while working on a report or email. Plug it in and boom, bed side mode.
    05-12-14 04:53 PM
    I can imagine a case where this feature will be annoying. I am low on power while working on a report or email. Plug it in and boom, bed side mode.
    Well if they design it like the old legacy bbos then it shouldn't be a problem ie in the settings you can specify whether when plugged in the phone goes to bedside or not.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 06:01 PM
    Could it be any simpler than swiping down from the lock screen?

Posted via CB10
    howards and Jr1202 like this.
    05-12-14 06:28 PM
    Well if they design it like the old legacy bbos then it shouldn't be a problem ie in the settings you can specify whether when plugged in the phone goes to bedside or not.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. That was a great feature. Specify whether or not you wanted it to enter bedside mode upon charging.

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-12-14 08:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

It could be much simpler and be automatic

When I'm setting my phone on the charging pod it should become a bedside clock. Having to remember to lock the phone first, then swipe down is a pain in the arse!!

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-12-14 08:26 PM
    Was hoping you could do it via NFC, but it doesn't have a setting for it. Only setting I see if for setting up alarm :/

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 08:42 PM
    Does anyone know of an app that would do this?

If there is no app, it should be pretty straightforward to code and I will look into making something

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-13-14 11:02 AM
    I think a few of the third-party devs for apps like PowerTools and ShortcutMe said that BlackBerry hasn't released the API for bedside mode yet. Similar to how "toggle WiFi" is currently unavailable to third-party apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 11:22 AM
    I think a few of the third-party devs for apps like PowerTools and ShortcutMe said that BlackBerry hasn't released the API for bedside mode yet. Similar to how "toggle WiFi" is currently unavailable to third-party apps.

Posted via CB10
    Well that sucks. I'm going to have to look into this some more from a devs view to see what's available.

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    05-16-14 03:41 PM
    I don't want automatic but would like the pull down shade to be available regardless if I am on the lock screen or not

STL-4. 10.2.1.3175 w/ 1259 clock
    05-16-14 05:16 PM
    Yes.

It could be much simpler and be automatic

When I'm setting my phone on the charging pod it should become a bedside clock. Having to remember to lock the phone first, then swipe down is a pain in the arse!!

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    A "pain"? Really? Same phone. Same charger. Would say it's a pain...
    05-16-14 05:20 PM
    A "pain"? Really? Same phone. Same charger. Would say it's a pain...
    Yes.

I want it to be automatic so I can just set the phone down and not worry about it like I did with all my old legacy phones and their charging docks.

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-18-14 04:39 AM
    Yes.

I want it to be automatic so I can just set the phone down and not worry about it like I did with all my old legacy phones and their charging docks.

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    Sounds like you are just too damn lazy. If a tap on the clock, a swipe down and a tap on bedside is too much for you, perhaps you should just go back to your favorite legacy phone.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.2039
    05-18-14 07:36 AM
    With BBOS you could specify that it only go into bedside mode between certain hours. I had it set to automatically enter bedside mode when charging between the hours of 11pm and 7am I miss that feature BIG TIME!!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 07:40 AM
    Sounds like you are just too damn lazy. If a tap on the clock, a swipe down and a tap on bedside is too much for you, perhaps you should just go back to your favorite legacy phone.

This is the attitude that killed BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    M_Portiss and decoy7 like this.
    05-18-14 07:42 AM
    This is the attitude that killed BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    First of all, BlackBerry is not dead. Second, all of the constant whining and crying about innane crap is what is driving people away from here. And driving some, like me, to respond with sarcastic comments.

howards likes this.
    05-18-14 08:17 AM
    No automatic way that I know of. The simplest way in connect the charger while the device is locked(screen is off), when the screen lights up pull down from top.

Posted via CB10
    What I do as well.
    05-18-14 08:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's not the point. W hat if you have a dock charger? You don't want to be placing your phone into a dock charger and then having to swipe from the top to put the phone into Bedside mode!

This was an option on BBOS and probably one of the only ones I miss the most.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 09:05 AM
    This is a valid request and I don't see the need to call the OP lazy or something else...I also miss the feature of turning off automatically your phone between certain hours. At least we could get a setting to enable it for the ones who like it, everybody else could still do the extra swipe...

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.2102)
    05-18-14 09:39 AM
    This is a valid request and I don't see the need to call the OP lazy or something else...I also miss the feature of turning off automatically your phone between certain hours. At least we could get a setting to enable it for the ones who like it, everybody else could still do the extra swipe...

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.2102)
    Totally agree. These ppl calling the op lazy and replying with rude remarks r the reason BlackBerry is going under because it seems there's a whole bunch working in BlackBerry. They can't seem to appreciate the fact ppl want simplicity.
    Apple got that out the gate and see where it got them and after all this time BlackBerry still don't get it. Seem BlackBerry will always be taking 1 step forward and two steps back. Why got through the trouble of this beautiful os, then leave out so many features made us stick with them even on the outdated os.

Posted via CB10
    decoy7 likes this.
    05-18-14 10:56 AM
    05-18-14 11:04 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140518_200348.png 
Views:	817 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	271685
    Oh No. That's too much trouble! It requires a swipe and a tap. Can't do that. It takes way too much time and effort. Can't be bothered. I never had to do that with my old xxxxx.

howards likes this.
    05-18-14 11:40 AM
    Not exactly. No need to swipe: just touch the tiny clock on top once. So I would call it from one and a half to two touches.
    05-18-14 11:43 AM
69 123