Don't use beside mode during charging . It may harmful for the screen and battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 08:19 AM
    Don't use beside mode during charging . It may harmful for the screen and battery.

Posted via CB10
    Umm... what?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 10:10 AM
    In legacy BBOS you could set Bedside Mode to only activate during certain hours.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    I wish it was like that again.
    06-15-14 11:06 AM
    Umm... what?

Posted via CB10
    The screen turns on continually and the battery charges and discharge for numerous times. So they will damage if you use beside mode every day.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 12:49 PM
    That's a new one. Where did you see that bedside mode was bad for the phone? Granted, the phone might not charge quite as fast when it is running bedside mode. That probably isn't any reason to stop using it though.
    06-15-14 01:45 PM
    That's a new one. Where did you see that bedside mode was bad for the phone? Granted, the phone might not charge quite as fast when it is running bedside mode. That probably isn't any reason to stop using it though.
    And it may damage to LCD. Because it is always on during beside mode.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 01:59 PM
    I have to think that BlackBerry would not have put Bedside Mode into BB10 if it damaged screens. I've not heard of any display issues caused by a screen burn attributed to Bedside Mode.

If you've experienced a problem with a design feature that comes up in normal use, then I'm confident that a warranty replacement is in order.
    06-15-14 04:01 PM
    I don't think the issue is about laziness, it is more about a function that was available in previous OS build (thats is pre os10) Most users found this function convenient. it is much like many of the things in life we have become used to. Many of you have stated that it is not overly taxing to enter bedside mode i agree plug in screen lights up swipe down done. Previous builds built a function whereby this was not necessary the phone would automatically enter bedside mode or enter at certain times.
    06-15-14 04:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think this is true. I have been using my Z10 for more than a year now, turning on the bedside mode with the charger attached almost every night, and have not noticed any damage or performance issues with the screen. It is as good as day one!

Posted via Z10
    06-16-14 01:52 AM
    I have to say that I *love* bedside mode being on with my Z30.

The OLED screen means that no energy is used for the black pixels, only for the orange ones.... And the result is awesome!

it was not as good on the Z10 with its LCD screen (it was like the screen was completely on all night and I simply ended up switching off the thing, and not having any clock).

Also, I configured it to switch off radios while bedside is activated and if works very well.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 02:18 AM
    I wish it was like that again.
    I have to say, at this point it's the last thing I'm really missing from legacy BBOS.

Not that it's hard to swipe down from the top, send I truly love the BB10 analog clock face...

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    06-16-14 02:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 06:06 AM
    The screen turns on continually and the battery charges and discharge for numerous times. So they will damage if you use beside mode every day.

Posted via CB10
    Lol again

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    06-16-14 06:06 AM
    And it may damage to LCD. Because it is always on during beside mode.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao stop talking utter crap will you?? If u are going to make such stupid statements then please provide absolute proof backing up your silly statements.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Spawn12; 06-16-14 at 03:00 PM.
    06-16-14 06:08 AM
    I have used bedside mode with various BlackBerrys for the last 6 years, every single night and have never once had a screen or battery issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 07:35 AM
    I have to say, I too miss the automatic bedside mode. I know a lot of people on here are saying that the two step process is easy enough, and granted it is, but it was nice knowing that you didn't have to worry about your notifications waking you up once you plugged in. Plug in, done. Bedside mode was activated and you were good to go. This is especially helpful after a few drinks If you remember to plug in your phone that is lol
    08-05-14 08:54 PM
    Well if they design it like the old legacy bbos then it shouldn't be a problem ie in the settings you can specify whether when plugged in the phone goes to bedside or not.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah legacy was great for that. Z10 bedside mode is nice looking though and simply executed.

Posted via CrackBerry App - Samsung Galaxy S4
    08-05-14 10:30 PM
    SHORTCUTME is EXACTLY what you and I are both looking for... I'm going to start a separate thread with the request... the developer is all over this sites

It's like QuickLaunch on steroids and has NFC capability for macros... I can't live without being able to autoswitch my device into bedside profile...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 10:55 PM
    SHORTCUTME is EXACTLY what you and I are both looking for... I'm going to start a separate thread with the request... the developer is all over this sites

It's like QuickLaunch on steroids and has NFC capability for macros... I can't live without being able to autoswitch my device into bedside profile...

Posted via CB10
    Tell us more and post a link here!
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 05:26 AM
69 123