I have a new passport that I set up. I have to use a new bb id because my other one is being used on a classic and you can't keep switching them (my understanding) between devices when you swap sims. Eventually bb will lock it. So I set up my new account and put a credit card in. BBW approved the card. Problem is when I go to use it to buy my apps AGAIN (No problem. I'll support the devs) it won't process the card. I've tried deleting and restarting. Everything I can think of but bbw will not process the card. If I can't purchase a few needed apps, the passport will be a paperweight and I'll have to return it. Anyone have any idea what else I can try to actually spend money with blackberry?
    04-02-15 01:15 PM
    I think there was an issue recently with BBWorld not being able to process things from some credit cards properly, but I believe people with this issue said PayPal worked fine - I would give PayPal a try!
    04-02-15 02:09 PM
    Don't have a paypal account and don't want one. I really have to shake my head at this issue. I have a new phone that I've set a new account up on, and I can't even use my credit card (which works on a different account with my name on it in bbw) to purchase apps. I'm at a loss as to how BB thinks this situation is good enough. They will lose a phone sale if I can't make it work. Shame.
    04-02-15 02:13 PM
    Don't have a paypal account and don't want one. I really have to shake my head at this issue. I have a new phone that I've set a new account up on, and I can't even use my credit card (which works on a different account with my name on it in bbw) to purchase apps. I'm at a loss as to how BB thinks this situation is good enough. They will lose a phone sale if I can't make it work. Shame.
    I'm not saying the situation is acceptable, I'm also not even sure if that bug is still in the latest software - I haven't heard anyone complain about it in a while. I was just trying to give you an alternative, because you did say:
    Anyone have any idea what else I can try to actually spend money with blackberry?
    So I was just trying to give you something else to try!
    04-02-15 02:18 PM
    How about paying trough your carrier? You got that option in payment selection.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 02:23 PM
    Sorry if it appeared I was jumping on you. I'm just frustrated because I have this new passport that is great, but useless if I can't get the apps I need. They are available (shocking for bb :-)) but AI can't download them. How's that for irony on a BB?

Again, thanks for the advice.. I'm hoping there is a quick fix for getting BB to accept the card so I can have my apps and not have to return the phone. I have until tomorrow to decide.
    04-02-15 02:30 PM
    How about paying trough your carrier? You got that option in payment selection.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I shut that down with the carrier a while back due to an issue of fraudulent charges. Don't really want to go down that road again.
    04-02-15 02:31 PM
    Here's the other thread I was thinking of http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-card-956383/ but it's more recent than I thought it was - maybe there is some bug?
    04-02-15 03:30 PM
    If you can provide the EXACT error message that you get including code it would be easier to possibly help you sort it out.

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582 
    04-02-15 03:40 PM
    And that's the same issue and error I'm getting. I wonder if they ever figured it out?
    04-02-15 03:42 PM
    If you can provide the EXACT error message that you get including code it would be easier to possibly help you sort it out.

My card went through and activated just fine. When I go to use it however, I get this.

BBWorld not processing crredit card-error.jpg
    04-02-15 03:45 PM
    Yeah I had the same issue and I thought at first that I didn't have the right info for my card when editing card information so I ended up just doing the carrier option which just charges you with your regular phone bill. Do the carrier billing for now till they fix it..in the end it's the same thing since I'm sure you pay your cellphone bill with a card.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 03:57 PM
    Yeah I had the same issue and I thought at first that I didn't have the right info for my card when editing card information so I ended up just doing the carrier option which just charges you with your regular phone bill. Do the carrier billing for now till they fix it..in the end it's the same thing since I'm sure you pay your cellphone bill with a card.

Posted via CB10
    I explained earlier that I shut that off earlier due to issues with charges and kids and such, so I do not want to turn that back on. It's just real frustrating that something as simple as selling a customer an app when you need the business, is such a hard thing for BB. I will keep trying tonight and see if I can get this resolved, but a phone without needed apps and a customer with a cc willing to spend, is useless to me.
    04-02-15 04:03 PM
    I have a new passport that I set up. I have to use a new bb id because my other one is being used on a classic and you can't keep switching them (my understanding) between devices when you swap sims. Eventually bb will lock it.
    Seriously? Is this true? Why TF would they lock it?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-02-15 05:39 PM
    Seriously? Is this true? Why TF would they lock it?
    I didn't think they locked it, I thought it was just that it signed you out of the other device? I could be wrong though...
    04-02-15 05:41 PM
    I didn't think they locked it, I thought it was just that it signed you out of the other device? I could be wrong though...
    Correct. I've done this a few times. But now the OP has me worried that my bbid will be locked if I do it too many times.

04-02-15 05:43 PM
    It is my understanding that you have a limited number of switches per year. I don't know the exact number but I believe it's 10. The real kicker is, you can't sign out of a device and switch your user id. You have to wipe the device and start over to change the user on the device. Still don't quite understand the logic there. Either way, still no luck getting it to process my CC.
    04-02-15 05:46 PM
    What kind of backasswards shatbit-crazy logic is that??? Isn't it in bb's best interest to encourage customers to have multiple BlackBerrys?? SMH

04-02-15 05:54 PM
    I posted about this exact same issue on my Z10 a mere 2 weeks ago. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...83/index2.html No one here had a solution, I called Verizon, and they had no solution, so I very reluctantly waded into the PayPal cesspool. I used that for a week or so, then without my doing anything in particular, I tried my credit card again one day, and miraculously it worked. Maybe the same will happen for you? Good luck.
    04-02-15 06:28 PM
    I had to change my credit card last week, as it was compromised. The switch worked fine. Now, suddenly today, my card no longer works and no alternate card that I attempt to input works either. Frustrating. Is there a Support line or person we can contact?

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    04-02-15 11:55 PM
    It is my understanding that you have a limited number of switches per year. I don't know the exact number but I believe it's 10. The real kicker is, you can't sign out of a device and switch your user id. You have to wipe the device and start over to change the user on the device. Still don't quite understand the logic there. Either way, still no luck getting it to process my CC.
    Yes you can't switch ID once signed in but. This is what I know for sure . For example, you can sign in to your Passport while using your Classic but won't be able to use BBM on both at the same time. It's convenient for apps and especially the issue of some apps being available on one device and not available on another. Not sure about the switching limitations but it's definitely more than 10.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:21 AM
    My card went through and activated just fine. When I go to use it however, I get this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	345210
    This is a new error. (could be internal still). You will need to contact your carrier and ask to be escalated to BlackBerry support. They can pull your logs to determine root cause.
    Then they can fix on the spot or fix for future users that may encounter same error.

04-03-15 07:53 AM
    Would not work for me, but tried it the next day and it worked!
    04-03-15 03:18 PM