Now that we have had BBOS10.3.1. We have the handle on it, the next major step would be in time I'm sure. My question is does anyone have any ideas on what they think will be a new added feature what update they would want in their Blackberry Classic or Passport to make their devices more enjoyable? I would love to have themes and control over my home screen perhaps to add full size widgets or multitasking tabs that update weather news feed status updates perhaps a full blackberry channels widget on the home screen. Let me know dying for your feedback.
    01-11-15 04:31 PM
    So, you don't think that those of us NOT using a Passport or Classic would like to see new features in the next major OS upgrade?

There are still plenty of things I'd like to see in the next OS on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    01-11-15 05:06 PM
    Coffee warmer...lol

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1949
    Christian Brunette likes this.
    01-11-15 05:39 PM
    Sorry about that dude I forgot to aim this question to all BBOS 10 users, considering that this thread is posted in the Classics thread I'm keeping up appearances in that manner, unless the rest of you disagree. I will thoroughly put more thought into the direction of my threads, sorry for any inconveniences.
    So, you don't think that those of us NOT using a Passport or Classic would like to see new features in the next major OS upgrade?

There are still plenty of things I'd like to see in the next OS on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 05:53 PM
    Coffe warmer huh that's a good one. I want an app to control chores in my house by the individuals not participating in doing them, you know a shock their *** button.
    01-11-15 05:56 PM
    Or a stop doing what your doing and do what I ask you buttons would be great too. But you know free will and all.
    01-11-15 05:58 PM
    Christ fella... don't expect BBOS 11 out anytime soon.. lol

10.3.1 is around the corner to be released for current devices... and next one will be 10.4 no doubt then 10.5 then maybe 11...
    01-11-15 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the sequence check bud, glad to know there's someone on the proverbial ball, only reason why I said OS 11. Is because they are full major updates not half asked add-ons, I don't have to apologize for being mud on this one. Like I said wish list stick with the topic at hand please. Thanks.

Christ fella... don't expect BBOS 11 out anytime soon.. lol

10.3.1 is around the corner to be released for current devices... and next one will be 10.4 no doubt then 10.5 then maybe 11...
    01-11-15 06:51 PM
    - A better way to move the cursor and select text (I have tried 10.2 and 10.3, both suck)... you need to move the cursor with something BELOW the actual cursor so that you can see where you're moving it.
    - when you mis-spell a word, pop up word suggestions for 3 seconds automatically (but allow me to keep typing if I like my misspelling)

- blackberry protect website: allow me to remotely turn on location services.*

- *for phones with a tool belt, have a setting to disable the bottom up swipe gesture.*

- have an option to use words instead of the universal icons for things like copy, paste, select all, etc.*

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:07 PM
    dock that you can drop your phone on at the office or home that let's your device work as a full featured computer

Wireless charging

Updated slimport connector so you can do more than one thing at a time

64bit

Blackberry cloud services and email

Refinements

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:19 PM
    Well as i said... i don't know when OS 11 will be out.. but i sure as hell cannot wait for it!!!

I would like to see more options to control the UI... and interface for certain settings...

Make OS 11 look like OS 7 or OS 10 as an option.

Would be nice.
    01-11-15 07:20 PM
    That was very great details, not only do I agree with that comment I will support it. I'm pretty tired of the icons in editing as well it's simple yes but sometimes I also forget their meanings, I a world of business users, there is no room for errors and icons are confusing when thinking fast..
    - A better way to move the cursor and select text (I have tried 10.2 and 10.3, both suck)... you need to move the cursor with something BELOW the actual cursor so that you can see where you're moving it.
    - when you mis-spell a word, pop up word suggestions for 3 seconds automatically (but allow me to keep typing if I like my misspelling)

- blackberry protect website: allow me to remotely turn on location services.*

- *for phones with a tool belt, have a setting to disable the bottom up swipe gesture.*

- have an option to use words instead of the universal icons for things like copy, paste, select all, etc.*

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:23 PM
    Sorry about that dude I forgot to aim this question to all BBOS 10 users, considering that this thread is posted in the Classics thread I'm keeping up appearances in that manner, unless the rest of you disagree. I will thoroughly put more thought into the direction of my threads, sorry for any inconveniences.
    Actually, this showed up in the general BB10 OS section, so that's why I was wondering why you were limiting the devices.

Plus, I'm just being difficult.

Anyway...

A few things I'd like to see in the next big update - whatever number it comes with:

Browser - Option to turn off Javascript. Bookmark folders. The ability to save the answer to site specific requests instead of having the site constantly ask for your location or whatever every time you visit it.

Contacts - Better compatibility with Outlook categories. Option to allow or deny import of a social app (like Facebook or Twitter) contact into the main contact app and not have automatically import and then have to deal with the consequences later.

Better organized options for custom notifications. It's really quite convoluted. Although I know it was a kludge to add them as the original OS programmers obviously never intended to provide the ability.

Much more granular backups and restores that you can individually select - including ringtone/notifications, browser bookmarks, wi-fi settings, word replacements, etc.

That's just a few of my bigger wishes.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:50 PM
    With all this talk about the OS on devices, I would also like to see Improvements on the desktop software and go beyond its programming besides just synching the device and adding app or music. Now I haven't used Blend yet, and not sure what it can do. I will tell you that perhaps the desktop software could use file editing in docs to go ability to change or edit resumes office documents, or select and edit categories for pictures create file or folders to allow the manipulation of folders etc... That being said being able to that with the device is great! But we do need a full featured dock, I also like 64bit and the wireless charging idea and synching option would be great too! Get rid of the charging port altogether for the introduction of wireless charging/syching/pairing.
    01-12-15 03:40 AM
    Guys, you are wrong. All of them that you said in this subject could be done with 10.4 . If you say 11 it must be shocking, it has to have a lot of new techniques and technologies. Maybe wireless charging..

From Leonardo DiCaprio's BlackBerry
    01-12-15 12:45 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Try this: move the cursor by holding the white outer circle at the bottom instead of the centre. You'll be able to see the cursor and have better precision. I agree with you though, having it below the circle would be much more of a comfort.
    01-12-15 12:58 PM
    I just want simple things that actually make the user experience even more better, like smart dialling on the phone app, being able to mute keypad tones, a video player that can skip to the next videos and can automatically play the next video, a pictures app that doesn't show videos if they're not in the "Videos" folder. Being able to edit a phone number on the dial app, instead of having to delete the whole number if you made a mistake. These small tweaks will greatly improve the user experience.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:30 PM
    I didn't know you couldn't do that on the dialer new to me, love the feedback it's great to know all these things are missing. It would really make things easier that's for sure even the small things help. I would also love to see call blocking in the dialer setting a blacklist "a reject list if you would" all the Samsung devices have them even LG G series have it. Never mind an app for the blacklist I want it built into the phones options, come to think of it, the settings menu needs a lot of work or extra features.
    Last edited by Christian Brunette; 01-12-15 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Wrong work use
    01-12-15 03:11 PM
    I think they already started to implement Wireless charging in 10.3, This is in the Native Battery Info Class Documentation:

"QString rxid[read-only]

The RxID of the wireless charging receiver chip.

The RxID is the string representation of an 11-byte value. If the device has not been on a charging pad since boot up, the RxID will be an empty string. The RxID is a wireless charging receiver identifier and can be used to identify the device to wireless charging systems.
    Since:

BlackBerry 10.3.0

!"

https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...tteryinfo.html
    01-12-15 03:16 PM
    Do you know what device are included in that dialogue so all we need is a wireless charging let's say a Chi device place the phone on that pad and the RxDi will automatically write it's code for it to work?
    I think they already started to implement Wireless charging in 10.3, This is in the Native Battery Info Class Documentation:

"QString rxid[read-only]

The RxID of the wireless charging receiver chip.

The RxID is the string representation of an 11-byte value. If the device has not been on a charging pad since boot up, the RxID will be an empty string. The RxID is a wireless charging receiver identifier and can be used to identify the device to wireless charging systems.
    Since:

BlackBerry 10.3.0

!"

https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...tteryinfo.html
    01-12-15 04:40 PM
    Do you know what device are included in that dialogue so all we need is a wireless charging let's say a Chi device place the phone on that pad and the RxDi will automatically write it's code for it to work?
    I don't think this is for current devices, they won't have the hardware.
    It looks to me like the start of a Wireless Charging implementation, maybe for future devices?

It only says since 10.3, so I imagine a future 10.3.2/3/ 10.4 device may include it, I'll have to keep a look out for more references to it.
    01-12-15 04:43 PM
    Keep me posted if you I'm always on the lookout for better technology
    01-12-15 06:54 PM
    They need to beef up Exchange support, as of right now my Blackberry 10 devices are the only devices I own out of iPhone, multiple Android devices, Windows Phone, and even BlackBerry legacy devices that will not sync Exchange properly. All, and I truly mean ALL, of my other devices sync notes and outlook/exchange categories without issue. BlackBerry 10 sync with Exchange though wipes out categories and does not properly sync notes/memos for proper office workflow. It's baffling to me that while they scream from the rooftops ENTERPRISE ENTERPRISE ENTERPRISE, that their current most up to date offering pale in comparison to enterprise functionality that has been standard for nearly a decade.
    01-17-15 09:41 PM
    A cursor in the phone app... I often have people type their phone number to me without area code, try to add the area code in the phone app, impossible.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 03:20 AM
    I would honestly love to see more resource efficiency and support for newer more powerful chipsets(64bit/4gb ram ) support. Black hub for my z10. Android runtime resource stability. Otherwise I'm pretty smitten with my current 10.2.1.3442. I would love to see blend takeover link and become the next itunes/icloud with automated backup support via 3g/4g or wifi. We live in the future and science fiction should be science fact now. The OS is the driving force that makes or breaks hardware. A faster and Google app supported browser built in.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 06:33 AM