When I first installed the latest leaked 10.2, I was able to send and receive BBM's without any issues. Yesterday I tried sending one and got a red X. I re-sent the message about 5 times and still get the red X. I tried again this morning with the same result. Could this be related to the fact that I have not yet re-installed Beta Channels? Seems kinda odd that it was working and won't work now...
    08-09-13 09:16 AM
    When I first installed the latest leaked 10.2, I was able to send and receive BBM's without any issues. Yesterday I tried sending one and got a red X. I re-sent the message about 5 times and still get the red X. I tried again this morning with the same result. Could this be related to the fact that I have not yet re-installed Beta Channels? Seems kinda odd that it was working and won't work now...
    Do you have the BlackBerry symbol showing next to the time? Were you previously sending on wifi or over cellular? Can you send over wifi? Has a restart changed anything?

I'm assuming that you're able to use data services (browser, email, etc) without a problem and that you did a full restore when upgrading to 1047

Yes, I have questions...
    08-09-13 09:39 AM
    Do you have the BlackBerry symbol showing next to the time? Were you previously sending on wifi or over cellular? Can you send over wifi? Has a restart changed anything?

I'm assuming that you're able to use data services (browser, email, etc) without a problem and that you did a full restore when upgrading to 1047

Yes, I have questions...
    Thanks for the quick reply! I always had the berry showing next to the time. I was at home and connected to wi-fi when I was first sending my BBM messages after I loaded the leak and it was working fine. Yesterday I was on cell data (with berry still showing) when I tried sending the new message and it didn't work. I also tried at home on wi-fi without any success. Everything works on data and you're right, I did a full restore when I loaded 1047.

Also, just thinking out loud here. The person I am attempting to send BBM to is also running the leaked 1047. Could this have an impact?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:02 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply! I always had the berry showing next to the time. I was at home and connected to wi-fi when I was first sending my BBM messages after I loaded the leak and it was working fine. Yesterday I was on cell data (with berry still showing) when I tried sending the new message and it didn't work. I also tried at home on wi-fi without any success. Everything works on data and you're right, I did a full restore when I loaded 1047.

Also, just thinking out loud here. The person I am attempting to send BBM to is also running the leaked 1047. Could this have an impact?

Posted via CB10
    Gotcha. I doubt them being on the leak has an issue... if it was on their end you would still complete the sending of the message but you wouldn't receive a "D" for delivered. People have been having a lot of issues with doing full restores (namely the APP data). I'm guessing you've restarted your phone a few times already to no avail.

Try installing Channels and see if that helps any. Most BBM issues for people have been cleared up after installing... my initial problems weren't cleared up but I was able to send/receive no problem. My problems were with BBM notifications
    08-09-13 10:22 AM
    Gotcha. I doubt them being on the leak has an issue... if it was on their end you would still complete the sending of the message but you wouldn't receive a "D" for delivered. People have been having a lot of issues with doing full restores (namely the APP data). I'm guessing you've restarted your phone a few times already to no avail.

Try installing Channels and see if that helps any. Most BBM issues for people have been cleared up after installing... my initial problems weren't cleared up but I was able to send/receive no problem. My problems were with BBM notifications
    Will try that when I get home from work and report back with an update. Thanks for your help !

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:42 AM
    Just loaded BBM Channels and does not appear to have fixed the issue. I am getting a checkmark at first then a red X about 30 seconds later. I am pretty sure that it has to do with the recipient of my BBM's. I sent a BBM to my mother in-law (Bold 9900) and it was received as per normal. She also replied instantly with no issues....
    08-09-13 03:22 PM
    Just loaded BBM Channels and does not appear to have fixed the issue. I am getting a checkmark at first then a red X about 30 seconds later. I am pretty sure that it has to do with the recipient of my BBM's. I sent a BBM to my mother in-law (Bold 9900) and it was received as per normal. She also replied instantly with no issues....
    Then I suspect you have your answer... seems to be an issue on your friends end. Good to hear that you're working correctly!
    08-09-13 07:38 PM