Now that BBMe is finally being released to the masses: What are the cross-platform and cross-version features and limitations for BBMe between Android/iOS and BB10 devices? For example, audio calling between Emtek BBM and BlackBerry BBM stopped working a couple of months back, and Emtek emojis don't show up on BB10 devices. Will audio / video calling work across platforms for BBMe and regular BBM? Will BB10 users have to upgrade to BBMe for interoperability? Is there any way for BB10 users to upgrade?

Perhaps this thread could serve for these and other questions related to BB10-BBMe interoperability.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBHermes; 04-19-19 at 09:48 AM.
    04-18-19 07:14 PM
    BBMe Android and BBM OS10(Z10): voice call work, video call not.
    04-18-19 11:39 PM
    wondering if BBMe can be sideloaded onto a BlackBerry 10
    04-19-19 05:30 AM
    and if it will even work on a BlackBerry 10!
    04-19-19 05:31 AM
    wondering if BBMe can be sideloaded onto a BlackBerry 10
    If you want to switch to BBMe on BB10, open BBM, swipe down from the top and open settings, scroll all the way down and hit the "Switch to BBM Enterprise" button.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-19 07:14 AM
    If you want to switch to BBMe on BB10, open BBM, swipe down from the top and open settings, scroll all the way down and hit the "Switch to BBM Enterprise" button.

Posted via CB10
    Is it reversible ? And subscription is available on bb10 for personnal use ?

Love Peace and Share
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-19-19 08:14 AM
    Is it reversible ? And subscription is available on bb10 for personnal use ?

Love Peace and Share
    Yes, it's reversible. Once active, a "Deactivate BBM Enterprise" button appears in the same menu.

However, The only way at present to get BBMe on BB10 is to Purchase a corporate account via a BB sales rep.

What I'm not sure though, is if you create an android BBMe account via Google play then maybe you can add a BB10 device to the same account so it's included in the 5 devices you can share on the same login?

I currently have a corporate account with my Passport and Key2 sharing the same login, works well. Any calls that come to my Key2 also go to the Passport. Which ever device answers the call first, wins. Chats on one device will populate on the other.
    04-19-19 08:23 AM
    and if it will even work on a BlackBerry 10!
    It doesn't work. The app verifies on startup if the device manufacturer is "RIM" and quits if true.
    04-19-19 08:26 AM
    Yes, it's reversible. Once active, a "Deactivate BBM Enterprise" button appears in the same menu.

However, The only way at present to get BBMe on BB10 is to Purchase a corporate account via a BB sales rep.

What I'm not sure though, is if you create an android BBMe account via Google play then maybe you can add a BB10 device to the same account so it's included in the 5 devices you can share on the same login?

I currently have a corporate account with my Passport and Key2 sharing the same login, works well. Any calls that come to my Key2 also go to the Passport. Which ever device answers the call first, wins. Chats on one device will populate on the other.
    I can't make a test because i subscribe with another BBID on my key2, and I can subscribe for another BBID (my BB10). I contact BB for that because i can't remove the subcription from the store for subscribe for an another BBID
    04-19-19 09:46 AM
    Why did BlackBerry never make BBM for the BlackBerry tablet???? It was always comical to me on their ONE and only Playbook tablet you goto their App World and it's like BBM isn't supported on your device. YET- the BlackBerry Tablet was made with a BlackBerry PINN???
    04-20-19 10:30 PM
    Why did BlackBerry never make BBM for the BlackBerry tablet???? It was always comical to me on their ONE and only Playbook tablet you goto their App World and it's like BBM isn't supported on your device. YET- the BlackBerry Tablet was made with a BlackBerry PINN???
    because you were suppose to just use the bridge. the tablet was more of a display device of things on your phone instead of duplicating everything
    04-20-19 10:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I did on my Classic. Result: "temporary server error" every time I open the app.
    Anyone here with an idea to fix it ?
    04-21-19 04:08 PM
    I did on my Classic. Result: "temporary server error" every time I open the app.
    Anyone here with an idea to fix it ?
    Have a feeling you might just have to keep trying...

Make sure you have an adequate Internet connection.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-19 04:34 PM
    Have a feeling you might just have to keep trying...

Make sure you have an adequate Internet connection.

Posted via CB10
    I still get the "temporary server error" and I can't go back. 😩
    04-22-19 09:26 AM
    Are messages between BBM on BB 10 devices and BBMe on Android devices on both sides mutually protected? Is it enough if BBMe is only activated on one side ( Android device)?
    04-24-19 02:02 PM
    Are messages between BBM on BB 10 devices and BBMe on Android devices on both sides mutually protected? Is it enough if BBMe is only activated on one side ( Android device)?
    That is how it was working, as long as one device was protected...
    04-24-19 02:08 PM
    ... and now with BBMe only on one side is it working ? I don't know, if I understand your answer. .
    04-24-19 02:39 PM
    Also, if BBMe is enabled on Android/iOS (when it comes) and BB10, do video calls and video share (upload) work across these devices? That would be a true cross platform (and native) solution.
    04-24-19 08:47 PM
    ... and now with BBMe only on one side is it working ? I don't know, if I understand your answer. .
    Yes. That has been in BBMe (Formily BBM Protected) since it came out years ago.

BBM consumer on all three (BB10, iOS, and Android) had this capability built into it (including the Emtek version)
    04-26-19 07:09 PM
    Also, if BBMe is enabled on Android/iOS (when it comes) and BB10, do video calls and video share (upload) work across these devices? That would be a true cross platform (and native) solution.
    Yes
    04-26-19 07:10 PM