So during the navigation, screen lock kicks in, it's kinda annoying when my Q10 keeps going into screen lock during navigation and I lose the details of the road I'm on.

1. I have screen lock on 10 seconds.
    2. It was navigating, I was on the road, in the car.

Extra: Okay... most of the previous few problems I had with me Q10 solved themselves after I posted them on Crackberry. Except the heating issue and Loose battery cover. I think Blackberry is spying on me through the Q10. So, please fix this for me, thanks.
    07-28-13 09:57 PM
    I agree it should not work like that. As a temp work around you can go in to the settings and turn the screen time out to 5 minutes
    07-29-13 11:13 PM
    Yes, I did that when this problem occurred. And kept touching the screen once in awhile while on the road.. which I didn't like haha. But really, posting this really solved ths problem somehow. Screen lock stopped kicking in.. Blackberry is really spying on my life througj this Q10 I suspect.
    07-31-13 12:12 PM
    Yes, I did that when this problem occurred. And kept touching the screen once in awhile while on the road.. which I didn't like haha. But really, posting this really solved ths problem somehow. Screen lock stopped kicking in.. Blackberry is really spying on my life througj this Q10 I suspect.
    I believe there is some sort of BB10 API that allows certain apps to keep the device awake - certainly works that way with BB Maps for me, for example.

It's possible that they require the app to give the user a choice whether to enable that feature or not, in case they are taken by surprise by the fact that their lock timeout is not taking effect.
    08-10-13 05:58 PM
    Security > device password > allow apps to extend password lock time.

BBMaps, Lock Screen Should be Disabled during navigation.-img_00000023.png

Posted via CB10
    sleepngbear likes this.
    08-10-13 06:03 PM

I vaguely recalled seeing that option somewhere.....
    08-10-13 06:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wish I had seen this before yesterday when I was actually using BBMaps for the first time on the road. I got more annoyed than you could imagine when I had to defer to the wife's iPhone because my #*@+%&$ screen wouldn't stay on for more than a minute at a time.
    08-11-13 03:41 PM
    Mine was on when the problem occurred. Yes, it worked properly for the first time, then somehow didn't work during the other time I used it. In fact, every option that should make it work as per normal is on. Thank you though!

As much as I think there might be some variable that caused it.. there could be a 'random' bug that occurs under some circumstances untested. Since it happened like twice over the usage of my Q10. Worked properly immediately after I posted the problem on CB... makes me wonder if BB is spying on me.
    08-11-13 07:06 PM
    Mine was on when the problem occurred. Yes, it worked properly for the first time, then somehow didn't work during the other time I used it. In fact, every option that should make it work as per normal is on. Thank you though!

As much as I think there might be some variable that caused it.. there could be a 'random' bug that occurs under some circumstances untested. Since it happened like twice over the usage of my Q10. Worked properly immediately after I posted the problem on CB... makes me wonder if BB is spying on me.
    sorry it didnt worked , are you using a leaked OS? might want to consider reloading it.
    08-12-13 08:46 AM
    If you have a solution for this problem, I would love the hear it!
    10-25-13 04:03 PM