Wouldn't there be a fee for that as part of a service suite?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    Of course. The cost of ad free services plus whatever bundled extras.

Looks as though we have been heard!

@gadway: Lots of questions & comments coming in on the #BBM sticker/emoji picker. Will have some new news on that later this week. Stay tuned.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gadway/st...92107825053696

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:47 AM
    They aren't in chat

The ads are static, meaning they don't refresh and don't redownload. So connectivity should be OK

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    Thank you.
    12-17-14 12:02 PM

@gadway: Lots of questions & comments coming in on the #BBM sticker/emoji picker. Will have some new news on that later this week. Stay tuned.

Posted via CB10
    Let's hope they listened & will turn the default back to emojis or at the very least make it an option

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 08:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Again, smfh @ Gadway... doesn't even know what an Emoji is..

12-18-14 08:21 AM

To be fair, a good 95% of the community thinks that emoticons are Emoji's/came before Emoticons/are the "true" emoticons -.-

Gawd it drives me nuts!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-18-14 09:40 AM
    To be fair, a good 95% of the community thinks that emoticons are Emoji's/came before Emoticons/are the "true" emoticons -.-

Gawd it drives me nuts!

Yes.. but the community isn't the one directing the app

If BlackBerry doesn't know what emojis are.. makes perfect sense why we still don't have emojis (input) in bbm.
    12-18-14 09:44 AM
    Yes.. but the community isn't the one directing the app

If BlackBerry doesn't know what emojis are.. makes perfect sense why we still don't have emojis (input) in bbm.
    I suppose that's true!

But on the other hand, with a focus on business it makes sense as to why they've ignored emoji's for the most part for so long, but still surprising i suppose that there isn't proper integration into the OS yet...

12-18-14 10:50 AM

It's easy to get something wrong, just mis-speak. I'd give himm a break.

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    12-18-14 11:16 AM
    It's easy to get something wrong, just mis-speak. I'd give himm a break.

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    Nope.. they've been referring to emoticons as emojis for a long, long time!
    On the blog http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2014/1...popular-emoji/
    ^ probably the best example..lolllllll facepalm
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/07/hot-dog-emoji/

Then you've got gadway on twitter
    Even the official bbm channel doesn't know what an Emoji is.. they don't know what an emoticon is either (according to the first link)
    BBM update sucks-img_20141218_130032.png

12-18-14 12:05 PM
    Oh well...there goes the benefit of the doubt...

12-18-14 12:22 PM
    This is a nonsense, Emoji is a type of emoji, emoticons are a type of emoji, Emoji's are not emoticons.

I understand we are waiting on full Emoji support but there is no need to bash anyone for using the correct use of the word emoji.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 07:43 PM
    This is a nonsense, Emoji is a type of emoji, emoticons are a type of emoji, Emoji's are not emoticons.

I understand we are waiting on full Emoji support but there is no need to bash anyone for using the correct use of the word emoji.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but it's not anyONE
    Using thei logic, emoticons are broken because there is currently no way to find out the character combination to type most of them.

Emojis don't require linking to key combinations, yet they didn't give us the spark and pizza because they couldn't figure out what key combinations to use..

+ a lot of the emoticons on BlackBerry do NOT translate to the unicode emoji

12-18-14 07:56 PM
    They have sorta fixed the emoticon issue

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=984227

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 08:42 PM
    Doesn't seem to work differently for me...

This Passport takes me places!
    12-18-14 09:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Okay i have no idea what you're talking about..

Emoticons have predated Emoji's since.. well.. the beginning of emoticons.

You got it the other way around. Emoji's are a specialized type of Emoticon that's become generalized and are basically mini-pictures with no text-symbology.

Emoticons are text-codes that translate into a picture, or their code themself represents a picture you can see just by looking at the text.

Therefore, as everyone agrees, it's incorrect use of Emoji.

nah.uhh likes this.
    12-18-14 11:20 PM
    Okay i have no idea what you're talking about..

Emoticons have predated Emoji's since.. well.. the beginning of emoticons.

You got it the other way around. Emoji's are a specialized type of Emoticon that's become generalized and are basically mini-pictures with no text-symbology.

Emoticons are text-codes that translate into a picture, or their code themself represents a picture you can see just by looking at the text.

Therefore, as everyone agrees, it's incorrect use of Emoji.

An emoji is any small graphical image used as an expression in electronic communication, it has since been applied to Emoji.

Emoticons pre-date emoji because they existed prior to computer generated images, however every single Emoticon generated by a computer is an emoji.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 08:33 PM
    What ads..?

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    12-19-14 09:38 PM
    An emoji is any small graphical image used as an expression in electronic communication, it has since been applied to Emoji.

Emoticons pre-date emoji because they existed prior to computer generated images, however every single Emoticon generated by a computer is an emoji.

Posted via CB10
    No.. emojis are/were originally japanese characters that are now available in unicode
    Originally, Emoticons were etc. Emoticons are now graphical, but still linked to key combinations and those key combinations are not a standard. :-) vs vs =) vs =-)

Some of the emoticons use the identical emoji icon, but because emoticons are linked to key combinations they won't appear correctly on devices that support Emojis but not emoticons.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not the emoji expert lol. But in a nutshell, emoji is like it's own language/alphabet .. that's why you need an Emoji "keyboard" to use them.
    *what makes emojis different, is that emojis themselves ARE characters, not combinations of characters

Attached image for example.
    Even BlackBerry doesn't fully support its own emoticons *ar*, but support for the emoji is there by default. No key combinations to figure out.
    These are emojis
    🐵📳 📴 💲 😒 😁 😤 💪 😸 👑 👸 🔫 ✂ 🍙 💵 💰 📱 🐺

Not an Emoji
    [-(

Paste both of these into bbm
    [-( 😤

And you shall see how bbm team is clearly.. misguided
    Edit: don't get me wrong.. I love the newer emoticons, like *ROTFL* but 😂 would be nice too

Last edited by nah.uhh; 12-19-14 at 10:18 PM.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    12-19-14 10:02 PM
    It doesn't matter. I have open/active chats and it still defaults to the contacts section and not the chat section. That's the only issue I have thus far

Posted via CB10
    I have active chats, and it now defaults to Contacts tab for me too. Even when I receive notification of a new chat, I open app and it begins with Contacts and not with Chats. This started today.
    12-21-14 08:49 PM
    my god.. people you need to be aware that for every decision there is another side to the story. As some have pointed out, stickers are more popular for some, Myself included. It has the added benefit of encouraging uptake of stickers, thereby driving revenues.

Same with advertising. It annoys many, but it is a source of revenue.

Many of you will argue these decisions are driving users away and is therefore not worth the increase in revenues. In time you may be proven correct. None the less, BlackBerry has weighed the pros and cons and decided accordingly. That extra revenue allows them to improve products in other ways.

But it is not as though this is simply them not listening to users and making a bone headed decision.

To me it is much ado about nothing, but that's just me

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 10:13 AM
    I guess there is no way to downgrade to 10.5.5.46 without development mode? I can't install .bar files since I am admin locked from development mode. Is there an .apk version out there?
    12-24-14 09:33 AM
    I guess there is no way to downgrade to 10.5.5.46 without development mode? I can't install .bar files since I am admin locked from development mode. Is there an .apk version out there?
    Basically no, but the latest version where it met us half way is basically good enough, no?

12-24-14 10:49 AM
    The timer sucks and I hate getting peppered with Sticker notifications.
    12-24-14 10:54 AM
73 123