Are you guys using blackberries or iphones? I seriously do not get any add invites on my blackberry and maybe 1 or 2 in my feed. My daughter's iphone gets more, but not much more. I only got like 1 invite and it was for stickers. I didn't even notice it was there for a while then I blocked it and I haven't had any since.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 11:53 AM
    That's why I downgraded my Bbm to the previous release due to the sticker default.

Btw, where is that ad showing?

It's More Fun using Blackberry Q10 - 10.3.1.1154
    12-15-14 11:55 AM
    hey , where can i download the sys.bbm.bar file from , the default to stickers is a joke , whats worse is it doesn't remember previous selections,
    on a side note i always thought you should be able to double click the smiley icon so that the emoticon (or stickers) stay displayed so that you can select more than one at a time

I'm rocking a Z10
    12-15-14 12:17 PM
    hey , where can i download the sys.bbm.bar file from , the default to stickers is a joke , whats worse is it doesn't remember previous selections,
    on a side note i always thought you should be able to double click the smiley icon so that the emoticon (or stickers) stay displayed so that you can select more than one at a time

I'm rocking a Z10
    Here you go

BBM Bar file from 10.3.1.1154

https://db.tt/lA8CfJHK

I thought I was abducted by aliens but it turned out to be the Peevishlicious Crew.
    Last edited by 3hb78ftg; 12-15-14 at 05:18 PM.
    powereds likes this.
    12-15-14 04:59 PM
    Cool , thanks so much !!
    12-15-14 05:16 PM
    Why am I not seeing this? Mine opens to the chats.

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    Why don't you use the browser to make an app?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:19 PM
    Mine open to chat and I have no chat open or history

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:27 PM
    The adds are not that annoying to me, but the stickers. GRRR I have a bunch of stickers & do use them, but I do NOT want them to be the default. I use emoji's a LOT more

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM likes this.
    12-15-14 07:31 PM
    The ads are more intrusive on Android than BlackBerry, I've seen ads on friends and families Androids for Singles that want to hook up on the chat page, I've never had a single chat page ad on BlackBerry (however their stickers are cheaper).

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 08:10 PM
    The ads are more intrusive on Android than BlackBerry, I've seen ads on friends and families Androids for Singles that want to hook up on the chat page, I've never had a single chat page ad on BlackBerry (however their stickers are cheaper).

Posted via CB10
    +1
    The ads on android are pretty bad.. that being said, almost every free android app is plastered with ads, probably why they don't seem to have a problem with it

As far as ads go, I don't like the invites but I don't mind the occasional - like a once a month channel post showing up on my feed. I've had a few this week though.. I also don't mind the asterisk letting me know when there has been new additions to the shop..

I don't like that they hide all the free stickers either.. nonsense. Bbmbuddies for example, isn't in the store

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-15-14 08:14 PM
    +1
    The ads on android are pretty bad.. that being said, almost every free android app is plastered with ads, probably why they don't seem to have a problem with it

As far as ads go, I don't like the invites but I don't mind the occasional - like a once a month channel post showing up on my feed. I've had a few this week though.. I also don't mind the asterisk letting me know when there has been new additions to the shop..

I don't like that they hide all the free stickers either.. nonsense. Bbmbuddies for example, isn't in the store

Free stickers where do I get these?

I thought Ads are placed in the feed on the fly, every time you view it.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 08:30 PM
    Haha this thread is funny. Every BBM update is done for a reason. I did receive the Beta and gave feedback. The sticker picker was a huge a complaint so they made it easier by making it the default as stickers are almost more popular than emoticons now. As for the ads sorry to hear they are too invasive for some people but on BlackBerry 10 I never notice them. BlackBerry needs to make money off BBM and this is how they are doing it. Far better than a bare stripped down app or constant on screen apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:38 PM
    What I wish they would do is QUIT the adverts. They're annoying.

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    Amen...BlackBerry may have blown it by adding Android capabilities...now developers have NO good reason to develop native apps for BlackBerry...Most of MY Android apps work crappy compared to my 4YEAR OLD ANDROID PHONE!!!
    Don't get me wrong, I like BlackBerry. I just wish that after almost 2 years and running all available leaks, my Z10 would work 80% as well as my 4 year old Android.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10 on10.3.1.1154
    12-15-14 10:00 PM
    Haha this thread is funny. Every BBM update is done for a reason. I did receive the Beta and gave feedback. The sticker picker was a huge a complaint so they made it easier by making it the default as stickers are almost more popular than emoticons now. As for the ads sorry to hear they are too invasive for some people but on BlackBerry 10 I never notice them. BlackBerry needs to make money off BBM and this is how they are doing it. Far better than a bare stripped down app or constant on screen apps.

Posted via CB10
    Lol your view is not shared by the rest of the world unfortunately..

Out of curiosity, how do you like bbm stickers better than classic emoticons?

Emoticons can actually fit in a conversation, where as stickers take up so much room and send as their own message! There's no GOOD way to integrate that into a conversation except when you're goofing around.. :\

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    nah.uhh likes this.
    12-15-14 10:02 PM
    Lol your view is not shared by the rest of the world unfortunately..

Out of curiosity, how do you like bbm stickers better than classic emoticons?

Emoticons can actually fit in a conversation, where as stickers take up so much room and send as their own message! There's no GOOD way to integrate that into a conversation except when you're goofing around.. :\

Rest of the world? Way to generalize. Maybe you could join the Beta team and gets some insight and share your feedback.

As for stickers, it's actually nice having bigger emoticons as some of my clients and contacts are getting older so much easier to see for them. Any other character stickers I save for friends and family when I'm "goofing" around. I guess BlackBerry knew they would be able to make money off people "goofing" around with these stickers.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 02:58 AM
    Amen...BlackBerry may have blown it by adding Android capabilities...now developers have NO good reason to develop native apps for BlackBerry...Most of MY Android apps work crappy compared to my 4YEAR OLD ANDROID PHONE!!!
    Don't get me wrong, I like BlackBerry. I just wish that after almost 2 years and running all available leaks, my Z10 would work 80% as well as my 4 year old Android.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10 on10.3.1.1154
    Wow that's some Android you have, perhaps you should run a stable release and you might have more luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:34 AM
    Rest of the world? Way to generalize. Maybe you could join the Beta team and gets some insight and share your feedback.

As for stickers, it's actually nice having bigger emoticons as some of my clients and contacts are getting older so much easier to see for them. Any other character stickers I save for friends and family when I'm "goofing" around. I guess BlackBerry knew they would be able to make money off people "goofing" around with these stickers.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, i do believe I meant to type *majority of the world, not rest. I'd love to get in on the bbm beta but was never invited.. haven't been properly invited into any BlackBerry beta programs for a long time and it's frustrating as I'm a vocal user and would love to provide feedback!
    All I've got are the open-beta style programs and the ones i do use, i try to provide as much feedback as possible.

I won't lie, it can be nice to have them, but unless a majority of your conversations are with older folk or people with hindered eyesight, a lot of the time they don't fit as well as emoticons would because they're forced to be out of place from a message... honestly I'd be interested to see them integrated into messages so that you could have a message with them embedded into it the same way emoticons are, so long as normal emoticons aren't removed.

Again, i didn't mean to say all users, but just that a majority don't use them on a regular basis and these forums can agree to that, as well as from out in the real world experience of all of my contacts and people i see who use BBM. Any of the free packs I'll use now and again though \:|/

Wow that's some Android you have, perhaps you should run a stable release and you might have more luck.

Posted via CB10
    Lol yupp, maybe if he tried not restoring from a Link backup or one of the other ways you can break the Android runtime, he'd get the proper experience and see they actually perform really well! Not sure what he's smokin since I've seen my Passport outperform a number of Flagship phones (such as the Nexus, G4, some circumstances even the G5!, etc)

nah.uhh likes this.
    12-16-14 11:07 AM
    Just a quick question regarding ads. Are the ads onscreen with a chat or are they messages sent to you that you have to click to open, like the message regarding new stickers? If it is an onscreen ad that can be seen during a chat I will never upgrade, but if it is simply an ad message it wouldn't be as bad. I use BBM to communicate with my wife while at sea, with slow service. BBM is often the only thing that works. If the ad is displayed onscreen it will be eating up the extremely limited bandwidth making it no better, and possibly worse than other options. I have Kik sideloaded as well as Line. Kik works well. I would hate to lose BBM because Blackberry decided to make it less efficient.
    12-16-14 11:12 AM
    Just a quick question regarding ads. Are the ads onscreen with a chat or are they messages sent to you that you have to click to open, like the message regarding new stickers? If it is an onscreen ad that can be seen during a chat I will never upgrade, but if it is simply an ad message it wouldn't be as bad. I use BBM to communicate with my wife while at sea, with slow service. BBM is often the only thing that works. If the ad is displayed onscreen it will be eating up the extremely limited bandwidth making it no better, and possibly worse than other options. I have Kik sideloaded as well as Line. Kik works well. I would hate to lose BBM because Blackberry decided to make it less efficient.
    They aren't in chat
    You recieve invite that ask you to join a channel
    Also you see channel posts on your news feed for channels you haven't subscribed too

(Lolz.. funny because my subscribed channels stopped updating automatically for some reason.. so the onle new channel posts, I'm seeing are ads)

The ads are static, meaning they don't refresh and don't redownload. So connectivity should be OK

PHughes likes this.
    12-16-14 11:27 AM
    Mom looks nice❤
    My barber could do a job there. !!!
    12-16-14 12:33 PM

Exactly!

Why is BlackBerry so freakin focused on making BBM a juvenile toy?

What the h377 are you thinking BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackberry_geek; 12-16-14 at 06:11 PM.
    12-16-14 04:25 PM
    I have a problem too...every time I press the smiley button to get the smiley keyboard it opens the sticker tab!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 04:59 PM
    I have a problem too...every time I press the smiley button to get the smiley keyboard it opens the sticker tab!!!

Posted via CB10
    Best post of the year.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:41 PM
    Exactly!

Why is BlackBerry so freakin focused on making BBM a juvenile toy?

What the h377 are you thinking BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    If it bothers everyone so much just subscribe to the EBBM packages. BlackBerry is clearly making separate offerings for business enterprise and consumers.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:49 PM
    If it bothers everyone so much just subscribe to the EBBM packages. BlackBerry is clearly making separate offerings for business enterprise and consumers.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't there be a fee for that as part of a service suite?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    12-16-14 11:22 PM
73 123