You may want to rethink that after reading this.

Posted via CB10

I'm good with this

https://www.whiterose.us/eff-secure-...ing-scorecard/

Posted via CB10
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    04-22-16 12:26 PM
    Follow the money and you will see who has the greatest to gain and lose.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 04:48 PM
    )

Apple's whole point is to make their encryption secure enough that they also CAN'T cooperate even if they wanted to - that way, they're no longer "in the loop" and are protected from customer backlashes (and also protect customers, even from their own governments - some of whom routinely violate human rights).
    Apple forgot to take 3rd party hackers out of the loop.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-22-16 08:39 PM
    I'm not willing to stake sensitive business information on BES. If law them to trust BES. I'd trust Samsungs platform before I trusted BlackBerry. At least until their CEO starts acting like Chen.

Z5 - E6853 / Android 6.0 / T-Mobile USA
    Ah, clearly a different Samsung than that which recently folded two divisions into one to the great profit of the family running this particular chaebol and to the great disadvantage of the minority shareholders. The minority included an American activist shareholder who fought Samsung all the way to the general meeting at which the members of the ruling family thought their scheme of plunder would be rubber-stamped. If even the shareholders can't trust the management of Samsung I'm not sure that I would trust them with my personal data.

Sent from my Z30
    Last edited by IanThomas; 04-23-16 at 04:50 AM.
    04-23-16 01:56 AM
    HELLO! It's FREE.
    I am as cheap ...er... as frugal... as you can get but if there is one thing I've learned time and time again is that NOTHING is free. You get what you pay for and free offers always come with a selfish or sinister catch.

The optimist.
    04-23-16 03:52 AM
    I love it when my topic gets a lot replies!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 05:52 AM
    Apple forgot to take 3rd party hackers out of the loop.
    LOL. You've got a point there. But if you don't think they're fixing this for the future (especially with so much attention on them), then you're not paying attention. Sure, their older OS versions weren't as secure, but the stuff going forward is going to be pretty solid, and the vast majority of iPhone & iPad users will be on the newer versions. I'm no Apple fan, but that's a clear advantage Apple has.
    04-23-16 10:44 AM
    BBM Protected is Server based. All files are passed through & backed up by Blackberry. Encrypted or not. This is a weakness whatever way you want to spin it. Truly secure comms need to be device>device> only. No need for a middle man who can be attacked.

Telegram.org uses a decent method. It is End to End (coded in your hand before it leaves for the 'airwaves') & it creates a direct link between the two devices and once that is closed the convo is gone forever.

AS far as I can make out even redacted & closed BBM P chats are still kept on the servers rendering this 'terms' somewhat misleading.
    04-26-16 08:54 PM
    BBM Protected is Server based. All files are passed through & backed up by Blackberry. Encrypted or not. This is a weakness whatever way you want to spin it. Truly secure comms need to be device>device> only. No need for a middle man who can be attacked.

Telegram.org uses a decent method. It is End to End (coded in your hand before it leaves for the 'airwaves') & it creates a direct link between the two devices and once that is closed the convo is gone forever.

AS far as I can make out even redacted & closed BBM P chats are still kept on the servers rendering this 'terms' somewhat misleading.
    Telegram is server based as well, no difference there. If you really want peer to peer, you have to use something like Tox.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-27-16 03:53 AM
    Telegram is server based as well, no difference there.

Telegram: "There is no trace left on our servers, We don't deal with Law Enforcement"

Blackberry: "We store/backup your chats & co-operate with Law Enforcement"

Do you need spectacles?
    04-27-16 07:04 AM
    Telegram: "There is no trace left on our servers, We don't deal with Law Enforcement"

Blackberry: "We store/backup your chats & co-operate with Law Enforcement"

Do you need spectacles?
    I hope not . As I can see you are mixing actual quotes with your ideas, pretty confusing. Both services have to route their traffic through servers, that's how most instant messaging providers work. So, traces everywhere, you see. Furthermore, even Telegram has to deal with law enforcement, even in Russia or Germany, depending on where the servers are located. And even if BlackBerry on the other hand would backup (BBM Protected) chats (which I don't believe), neither them nor the police could read them.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-27-16 07:21 AM
    There is no example ANYWHERE of Telegram supplying Law Enforcement with anything (to date). Prove me otherwise.

The chats Blackberry store & backup are encrypted although that means little. Its the storing of them that is the weakness.
    04-27-16 07:25 AM
    I hope not . As I can see you are mixing actual quotes with your ideas, pretty confusing.
    No this is all 'out there' fact. Nothing is my idea or guess.
    04-27-16 07:26 AM
    There is no example ANYWHERE of Telegram supplying Law Enforcement with anything (to date). Prove me otherwise.

The chats Blackberry store & backup are encrypted although that means little. Its the storing of them that is the weakness.
    You're of course totally entitled to your opinion, but I still think you're wrong. You don't need an example which has been hyped by the media, you just need police knocking at your office door, waving some paper, which by the way might also forbid ever talking about it. It happens. I don't think, it means "little" for the chats to be encrypted and, by the way, where's your prove, that BlackBerry stores all chats ? But I see, you really love Telegram and that's alright. I just don't trust them (and there's no decent client available for BB10).

Via Pasta CB10
    04-27-16 07:34 AM
    No this is all 'out there' fact. Nothing is my idea or guess.
    Rather interested in the source for the "We don't deal[..]" quote...

Via Pasta CB10
    04-27-16 07:36 AM
    You don't need an example which has been hyped by the media, you just need police knocking at your office door, waving some paper,

Actually you do. New agency's have people sitting in courts 24/7 all around the world just waiting for something to cover. If your logic is 'a hugely popular encryption app has been used as evidence in court but has been missed by every single MSN source' then thats humour.
    04-27-16 09:19 AM
    Rather interested in the source for the "We don't deal[..]" quote...

Via Pasta CB10
    It came from Telegram. It was a rather big deal in the first years of the app esp. with the creators history with the Russian authorities. There is plenty out there. Google
    04-27-16 09:24 AM
    Actually you do. New agency's have people sitting in courts 24/7 all around the world just waiting for something to cover. If your logic is 'a hugely popular encryption app has been used as evidence in court but has been missed by every single MSN source' then thats humour.
    Ever heard of FISC?

Via Pasta CB10
    04-27-16 09:33 AM
    It came from Telegram. It was a rather big deal in the first years of the app esp. with the creators history with the Russian authorities. There is plenty out there. Google
    If you say so...I couldn't find any.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-27-16 09:33 AM
    Telegram is server based as well

False.

Secure Chats are device to device. Just as I suspected.

Source: Telegrams FAQ & mentioned here Essential tools for everyday encryption | Network World
    05-11-16 07:08 PM
    False.

Source: Telegrams FAQ & mentioned here Essential tools for everyday encryption | Network World
    No, nice try. Try again. Or try Tox.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-12-16 04:35 AM
    Criminals number 1 choice for communication

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 04:44 AM
    Agreed that standard BIS communication, PIN to PIN, and consumer level BBM are open to decryption by the shared key.

However this...
    This 100% false. Misinformation is far worse than the truth you don't like.

Thank you for correcting this.

Data behind a company bes server will require a court order for the police or any agency to access.

 Z30 STA100-5/10.3.2.2474
    05-12-16 12:54 PM

Have you read the bbm protected security note? Bbm protected uses End to End crypto. The security note goes into detail about the threat model. Basically the only thing bbm protected doesn't do is use ephemeral keys(Signal uses ephemeral keys). With ephemeral keys each message you send is encrypted with a random key, so if you deleted a conversation (and the app is programmed correctly to delete traces of these keys) there will be no way to retrieve that conversation even if your device is recovered, say by the government. With bbm protected there is a single signing and encryption key pair per contact. This key doesn't change and is used in conjunction with keying material to generate each message key. As long as no one gets access to your keys your communication is safe.

http://help.blackberry.com/detectLan...-security-pdf/

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 02:08 AM
    False.

I wouldn't put my trust in telegram. Take a look at signal or bbm protected or even iMessage. They each have their tradeoffs, you just need to know your threat model.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 02:14 AM
70 123