İt seems like BBM is not a native app. I can't make the message read by clicking on the logo in the hub. When open the message in hub it takes 3-5 seconds to load the messages. All this is not the case neither with Facebook nor what's app or Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 05:57 AM
    İt seems like BBM is not a native app. I can't make the message read by clicking on the logo in the hub. When open the message in hub it takes 3-5 seconds to load the messages. All this is not the case neither with Facebook nor what's app or Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    BBM is indeed odd. BBM itself is native but I figure that there's something in the background when it's being invoked that causes the delay, the same delay can be observed when you access Data Management from Settings, it's a native app but somehow takes a long time to show up unlike other settings such as Network Connection

However, the Settings app itself wasn't written in Native until 10.2, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that BBM isn't Native

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    08-07-15 06:21 AM
    I noticed that too...you have to actually display the message on BBM in order for it to register as a read message. My theory is that BBM Indicates the message read on the sender side, it requires the message to actually be displayed. Otherwise you could mark something as read that you haven't actually read, giving a false notification to the sender.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 07:00 AM
    I noticed that too...you have to actually display the message on BBM in order for it to register as a read message. My theory is that BBM Indicates the message read on the sender side, it requires the message to actually be displayed. Otherwise you could mark something as read that you haven't actually read, giving a false notification to the sender.

Posted via CB10
    This is pretty much it, or the BBM team is lazy.
    08-07-15 08:29 AM
    This is just driving me crazy the last few days. I mean unthinkable. BlackBerry's own software is not integrated well in the hub.
    I waited so long to have my first contact on BBM to be able to use it. Of course most of the world use other messengers but when my wife got her Z30 I literally forced her to use BBM over WhatsApp. Took me only few messages to notice that BBM is not integrated into hub. How is this possible after 3 years of BB10?
    I hope it's is something wrong with my phone please anybody correct me.
    3rd party apps (WhatsApp for example) are better served in hub that BBM.
    As I filter my hub with pinch gesture to only show unread messages BBM is the only one that I have to actually open a message because you can't mark it read / unread.

Will anybody in beta zone for BBM be able to pass on the feedback. At least mark read, unread should be there. It's basic action to do in the hub.
    Is BBM Dev team completely different than BB10 Dev team?
    See screen capture below. Does anybody have more options? Is this my phone issue?

Is BBM only half integrated with Hub?-img_20150916_235110_edit1.png
    09-16-15 05:55 PM
    The thing is if BBM doesn't allow you to indicate that you 'read' the message if you haven't actually opened and read it. Sometimes when I'm lazy, I just mark all my fb message as 'read' without open the app and see it. I think BBM team thought that would cause a trust issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 06:47 PM
    BBM team shouldn't worry about how I read my messages. WhatsApp or Facebook, Twitter, Blaq and many others don't have a problem with that.
    Anyway I don't really think it is the reason. It is probably an oversight due to lack of resources, lack of commitment, dying BB10 platform or so...
    Pity, would have no problem if it was some third party app, but lack of proper integration into Hub of its own software is poor reflection on the company.
    09-16-15 08:22 PM
    I disagree. In my business, we have to have 100% confidence that when the green "R" shows up in BBM, a successful transfer of information has been completed. We live it just the way it is now, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 11:13 AM
    Good. It has nothing to do with the subject of this post.
    09-17-15 01:12 PM
    Good. It has nothing to do with the subject of this post.
    It has everything to do with the subject of the post, since you came here to cry that you can't mark as read BBM in the hub.

To say that it isn't integrated. Into the hub properly is beyond foolish. It is perfectly integrated into the hub, and it designed to not allow you to mark as read unless you actually read it.

Do yourself and all of us a favor; either accept that it's working as intended and as many users require, or just move back to Whatsapp and have it your way.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 01:43 PM
    It has everything to do with the subject of the post, since you came here to cry that you can't mark as read BBM in the hub.

To say that it isn't integrated. Into the hub properly is beyond foolish. It is perfectly integrated into the hub, and it designed to not allow you to mark as read unless you actually read it.

Do yourself and all of us a favor; either accept that it's working as intended and as many users require, or just move back to Whatsapp and have it your way.

Posted via CB10
    Cool down kid. No need for fanboyish logic of yours here. Just cold facts.
    If the message says simple "ok" and I can perfectly see the whole message in the hub why can't I mark read?
    If I had 10 contacts and could see full body of the messages straight in the hub then opening up every single one of them is an issue.

I need your help since you seem to be in the know. I now understand - and kudos to you - that BlackBerry in their best intentions is protecting me from marking messages as read. I appreciate their care about my communication habits but even more I appreciate people like you that can explain in the most wicked way any lack of functionality on BlackBerry part. I love people like you and welcome you in this thread.

Now as we know BBM is poorly integrated into the Hub. When you highlight a BBM message in the hub you're left with no options on the right hand side menu (not counting delete here).

Now forget about read / unread ok? If you don't mind can you share what were BlackBerry engineers thinking about when they left out other options? Like "reply", "search by sender", "start BBM chat", "start BBM video", "view contact".

Appreciate any bit of info you might have had from talking with BlackBerry engineers on the reasons.
    If you could answer without sending me back to competing messengers would be even better.
    09-17-15 05:09 PM