According to this score card bbm scored lower even then iMessage, however a good part of their scoring consisted of how open the software is...which bbm obviously scored lower because of it being developed in house, still i was disappointed to see that the providers potentially can read the message.

https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard

Posted via CB10
    Jeff P1 likes this.
    11-05-14 05:56 PM
    I'm kind of like eh. Half of the rating criteria ask, "Is the code open source?"
    Not saying that's it the most secure or least secure but I thought the test would be a technical one.
    11-05-14 06:01 PM
    If you want to hide BBM from BlackBerry you have to use BBM Protected. It is available, but at extra cost.

Open source is important to the EFF, but as we have seen, open source is not a guarantee unless it has been audited. The top two products have been.

Posted via CB10
    Acchaladka likes this.
    11-05-14 06:13 PM
    What's wrong with adding to the other threads on this topic?
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    11-05-14 06:22 PM
    "the results in the scorecard below should not be read as endorsements of individual tools or guarantees of their security; they are merely indications that the projects are on the right track."
    This^
    I am disappointed to see that bbm doesn't encrypt en route through the providers networks, would like to see them change that...otherwise the security in bbm is very minimal and certainly less than I'd believed and hoped.

Posted via CB10
    Jeff P1 likes this.
    11-05-14 06:37 PM
    "the results in the scorecard below should not be read as endorsements of individual tools or guarantees of their security; they are merely indications that the projects are on the right track."
    This^
    I am disappointed to see that bbm doesn't encrypt en route through the providers networks, would like to see them change that...otherwise the security in bbm is very minimal and certainly less than I'd believed and hoped.

Posted via CB10
    This has been known for a while..if it were secure Blackberry would not have released BBM Protected
    11-05-14 06:43 PM
    11-05-14 06:43 PM