Hello,

I have a Classic and a Z10 that I've been swapping between. Normally when I activate whichever phone I wasn't using, and open BBM, it asks if I want to associate my BBM with this new phone. This time, it did not happen. My classic is activated and associated with my BBID but not with bbm. The Z10 is still associated with my BBID and with BBM. How do I disassociate bbm from the Z10 and move it to my classic?

Blackberry world still works on both phones too which is wierd because I should only be able to associate one phone per ID.

Posted via CB10
    ssgoossen likes this.
    05-23-15 04:57 PM
    Hello,

I have a Classic and a Z10 that I've been swapping between. Normally when I activate whichever phone I wasn't using, and open BBM, it asks if I want to associate my BBM with this new phone. This time, it did not happen. My classic is activated and associated with my BBID but not with bbm. The Z10 is still associated with my BBID and with BBM. How do I disassociate bbm from the Z10 and move it to my classic?

Blackberry world still works on both phones too which is wierd because I should only be able to associate one phone per ID.

Posted via CB10
    I would try
    Turning the radio off on both devices
    Restarting both devices
    After restart turn the z10 radio on, open BBM on the z10 and send a test message
    Then turn on classic radio
    Open BBM on the classic.. hopefully it switches

Try to wait a couple minutes before opening BBM (after turning the radio on) for everything to finish syncing

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-23-15 05:52 PM
    There is a rumor that there is a limit to BBM swaps, and once exceeded, no more swaps are allowed.
    I don't know how many swaps will trigger the limit.
    I don't know how long this 'lock' will last and if will go away by itself.

Thanks god I never ran into this limit myself, despite switching devices quite often. I would wait a day or so, and if it doesn't go away, get in touch with BlackBerry and ask what they think.

There is another thread here where a heated debate started on this topic. I think this limit is pointless and a scandal, others think it 'makes sense'.

A limit is just punishment for the most faithful BlackBerry customers, who own more than one device, and want to swap from time to time.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 06:17 PM
    There is a rumor that there is a limit to BBM swaps, and once exceeded, no more swaps are allowed.
    I don't know how many swaps will trigger the limit.
    I don't know how long this 'lock' will last and if will go away by itself.

Thanks god I never ran into this limit myself, despite switching devices quite often. I would wait a day or so, and if it doesn't go away, get in touch with BlackBerry and ask what they think.

There is another thread here where a heated debate started on this topic. I think this limit is pointless and a scandal, others think it 'makes sense'.

A limit is just punishment for the most faithful BlackBerry customers, who own more than one device, and want to swap from time to time.

Posted via CB10
    There must be a limit. It won't open on my Z10 or my Z30 it works on my passport but can't get it to switch. I did backup and restore my Z30 for other reasons i was able to switch then and over to my passport after a week or so. It does give you a notification but once you open bbm it goes away. So you are probably right about the switching, why should they care if you switch between devices unless it's going to be a paid feature. I'm going to contact BlackBerry for an explanation. I'll post when i get it.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 09:31 PM
    It took wiping my classic and starting over.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 06:15 PM
    I have had this happening to me occasionally too..the way I got around it was to update my status in BBM (on the device that wasn't working), the app would crash and restarting would force the do you want to swap message to appear

Posted via CB10
    Maddog24g likes this.
    05-26-15 05:42 AM
    There must be a limit. It won't open on my Z10 or my Z30 it works on my passport but can't get it to switch. I did backup and restore my Z30 for other reasons i was able to switch then and over to my passport after a week or so. It does give you a notification but once you open bbm it goes away. So you are probably right about the switching, why should they care if you switch between devices unless it's going to be a paid feature. I'm going to contact BlackBerry for an explanation. I'll post when i get it.

Posted via CB10
    UPDATE on BBM switching. A response form BlackBerry

To address your problem, your software is currently updated and is not causing an issue. As of now you can only use one BlackBerry ID (BBID) on one device at a time, as the BBID is unique to each device, not the user. Both BBIDs are associated back to your original BlackBerry registration information, which allows your BBM information to be forwarded to each activated device. You can use the same BBID on two devices, but only one can be signed in at a time.*
    If you switch devices too many times, an error will occur saying that you have exceeded the number of PIN changes available. If you have received this message, you can contact BlackBerry to delete your old devices, and reset your account (which will allow you to use that BBID on your main device, and you will have the option of transferring the BBM account to your current device).
    Another option is to download BlackBerry Blend (for all BES10 devices and above), which seamlessly brings messaging and content that�s on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. This will allow you to access your BBM content on different devices: http://ca.blackberry.com/software/de...rry-blend.html.
    I hope this answers your questions.
    Best Regards,
    Jenn* McNaughton
    BlackBerry Inside Sales Representative
    Phone: +1-519-597-0483
    Web: www.blackberry.com

Posted via CB10
    gnirkatto likes this.
    05-26-15 07:52 PM
    I have had this happening to me occasionally too..the way I got around it was to update my status in BBM (on the device that wasn't working), the app would crash and restarting would force the do you want to swap message to appear

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, that worked for me.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    05-31-15 04:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Genius!

I've had this problem going back to BBOS and wasn't looking forward to wiping my passport to fix the issue. Saved me some effort.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 07:32 PM
    Clever idea updating status. Didn't work for me though.

BBM on my Passport stopped working a few days ago. It loads just fine and acts like it is alive, but sending messages do not go through. Just sit the with the clock in undelivered status. I switched it over to my Z10 thinking there was a problem with BBM service. The Z10 did prompt me to set my ID on this device. BBM worked right on the Z10. Now I can't get it back on my Passport. BBM still opens on it and acts like it works but send and receive inop. I need a way to reload BBM or delete it.
    07-08-15 08:50 AM