BBM usage dropped right off when BBRY took their recent dive and sitting in uncertainly people found other ways to communicate cheaply. Whatsapp allows large data transfer which is a biggy to a lot of people. Now that BBM is available to all platforms hopefully they will see an increase of users and maybe bring back some of the people who used to use it regularly.
    General concencus seems to be ...BBRY is dead???who uses it. Hopefully the word gets out how great it is again!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    02-26-14 11:50 AM
    Which is such a shame it's so better than WhatsApp!

Just wondered how many people you know who use it?

Posted via CB10
    In former times (looong, looong time ago.... around one week) I was also a more blinded WhatsApp User. The only reasons for me to use WA were two facts: BBM owns a very annoying limitation for attachments (6MB) and most of my friends were connected via WA. Most of my around 70 WA contacts got occasionally x-mas greetings and alike, nothing more... I got now and again some attachments...and typical WA hoax....
    I dislike WA but in default of a soul the devil puts up with a fly. But I�ve deleted my WA-account after annexation by Fascimbook... In the last weeks I supported BBM very intensive by sending BBM-download-links and my BBM invitations to all WA contacts.. The result is the following: now I have 12 intensive BBM contact of my BEST friends and family which are daily in use. All others are not interested to stay in contact with me except via sms or WA... So I think I can easily waive for people who set WA as an absolute condition to stay in contact with me...

It was a kind of healthy autopurification to delete WA!
    02-26-14 12:00 PM
    Two people that I tried to convert to bbm said, "but it's been taken over by Samsung". I told them it was hogwash and explained what had happened. 1 person changed over the other said oh well.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:09 PM
    None.

I hoped that's gonna change now that Facebook bought Whatsapp and yes my friends are actually all leaving Whatsapp. Unfortunately not for bbm. They all seem to switch to telegram which is quotation "the same in blue" I suggested BBM, but they seem to see no difference and want to settle for telegram. Shame.

I'm in Germany by the way.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:19 PM
    I'm in the UK and everyone i know has either an iPhone or samsung and use WhatsApp. I work at a firm of solicitors who all use BlackBerry and none of them use bbm which is strange!

I.got told the other day when I asked a few friends that they don't use bbm because they're not 15 and chavs lol how rude?!!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:43 PM
    I only have a couple of contacts and use it maybe once a month. I just prefer texting, and none of my friends use it. Which is weird, because I'm a diehard blackberry user since high-school and live in Canada. The only time I used it regularly was for a few months years ago when I had a Tour and the guy I was dating had a Bold. So we used BBM as our communication. I feel like BBM and Twitter are two things I just can't force myself to care about. Oh well!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:53 PM
    If this da**ed user recommendation feature would work to show every user who else in his phonebook already is on BBM, then this would become a self-runner.

Unfortunately, the recommendations either show nothing, or never update, or they show wrong data.

Why does that not get fixed? BLACKBERRY!!! What's wrong with you? The window of opportunity is closing fast!
    02-26-14 01:07 PM
    Absolutely zero.
    02-26-14 01:30 PM
    2 ... hope they don't have a tandem crash

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 01:38 PM
    I have 135 bbm friends and many folks here have a lot more do definitely there are a lot of folks rocking bbm

Go to the 'suggestion ' tab under invite and you should see your friends who are using bbm already

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 01:40 PM
    In my circles, it is SMS or nothing, nobody seems to use any messaging services at all.
    02-26-14 01:49 PM
    We started to use BBM as we started to work for BlackBerry. Our CEO now has the z30 and only writes to me there. Before that he always called me or wrote me emails.

I wish more would use the save BBM... especially now that FB bought Whatsapp :P
    02-26-14 02:05 PM
    I went from 23 contacts before BBMX to 65 contacts after BBMX, they all love it, only two left after joining.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 02:23 PM
    I'm in the UK and everyone i know has either an iPhone or samsung and use WhatsApp. I work at a firm of solicitors who all use BlackBerry and none of them use bbm which is strange!

I.got told the other day when I asked a few friends that they don't use bbm because they're not 15 and chavs lol how rude?!!

Posted via CB10
    I think this is a reference to the riots a while back. BBM was used to communicate and organise which was impossible for the authorities to track or trace. Since then it has a stigma for rioting teenagers.

You are right though, how rude! ;-) pin:2B65A811.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 02:52 PM
    really ?!? my friends are mostly use bbm for communication... second is whatsapp.. myself got 350+ bbm contacts..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    We're all impressed with your popularity.

As for me, I am getting more contacts bi-daily. Although, some of that might have to do with me becoming less anti-social.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 02:56 PM
    Only 1. Sadly, most people I know are iOS users. Even more sad.
    02-26-14 03:44 PM
    In my case.. 0

Everyone is on Viber or Whatsapp
    02-26-14 03:53 PM
    Still waiting for it on my WP8. Could not use it on the android phone, because of user id and inviting contacts. If they could use the phone number as the ID then I maybe convinced to use it.
    02-26-14 04:06 PM
    We're all impressed with your popularity.

As for me, I am getting more contacts bi-daily. Although, some of that might have to do with me becoming less anti-social.

Posted via CB10
    Is that necessary? I believe the question asked in the first post was:

"Just wondered how many people you know who use it?"
    All he did was answer it. No reason to be a ****** about it.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 04:52 PM
    Hmmmm.....interesting, all my friends use it....
    02-26-14 05:08 PM
    Others dont seem to care and still use standard text still.
    Same thing with my friends. I live in a rural Pennsylvania community and regular old texting is the norm around here. I have one BBM contact.

Posted on my Z10 via CB10
    02-26-14 05:19 PM
    Which is such a shame it's so better than WhatsApp!

Just wondered how many people you know who use it?

Posted via CB10
    A lot. Just speak to them

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 05:19 PM
    The real question is where do we live? I'm from the US and I know no one that uses bbm as of now. If you live in canada , Europe, etc. Your results may be different.
    21stNow likes this.
    02-26-14 06:00 PM
    I've even disabled BBM in parental control. Nobody uses it here in Russia.(
    I wish there was a way to remove it.
    Posted.
    Last edited by p_r_a_g_m_a; 02-26-14 at 08:23 PM.
    02-26-14 08:10 PM
    I have 135 bbm friends and many folks here have a lot more do definitely there are a lot of folks rocking bbm

Go to the 'suggestion ' tab under invite and you should see your friends who are using bbm already

Posted via CB10
    Where's the suggestion tab? I don't have that option on mine?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 03:02 AM
57 123