02-27-14 03:36 PM
57 123
tools
    Which is such a shame it's so better than WhatsApp!

Just wondered how many people you know who use it?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 06:46 AM
    More every day, in my case. It's helped me get to know a lot of people out there in the world, and how I've made many friends.
    02-26-14 06:48 AM
    really ?!? my friends are mostly use bbm for communication... second is whatsapp.. myself got 350+ bbm contacts..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-26-14 06:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Have you considered changing your friends??

LOL, just joking of course...

I hope you can change their mind soon...
    02-26-14 07:00 AM
    I went from 39 to 73 and that's including family from Argentina and Costa Rica, they moved from Whatsapp pressured by me LOL
    PKPDBERRYADDICT likes this.
    02-26-14 07:00 AM
    I have no friends....So my 9 contacts are just fine.
    02-26-14 07:19 AM
    I have my Dad.

Erm... 1.

It's fine.. Seriously.. It's fine.

I cry myself to sleep.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 07:27 AM
    As far as I am concerned, in certain parts of the world BBM is very popular, e.g. Indonesia. When talking about Europe, based on my experience, just very few people have it, may be in UK more, since BlackBerry phones used to be very popular out there within their huge financial sector.

I have to commit that none of the people I know (both in Germany and Latvia) have BBM, but I was able to convert four that far...

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    02-26-14 07:35 AM
    I'm in the UK and almost all my friends have iPhones and use whatsoever or Viber. I used to use BBM all the time but started using whatsapp because it's quick and easy to use and I could contact all my friends with it, but after the Facebook thing I deleted it. Only two of my friends have followed me to BBM ; one is a blackberry user already and the other is an open minded and very clever software writer. The rest of my friends have flatly refused to have anything to do with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 07:37 AM
    Oops, that should say whatsapp, not whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 07:39 AM
    Oops, that should say whatsapp, not whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    Same thing. Lol

Via CB Rockin Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141 /2142 Radio
    David in Durham likes this.
    02-26-14 07:46 AM
    BlackBerry is wonderful in my opinion and I'm a die hard fan, but it's imperfect and prone to the odd fault every now and then, which I like because I have an inquisitive and problem solving mind.

For instance I cannot get my iTunes play lists to sync properly from my mac. It used to work on my old bold using BlackBerry desktop manager but not with the new blackberry link. I'll work my way around the problem but the masses won't.

I think for most people whatsapp is just easier to use. It works on numbers so if you already have someone's number in your phone then you pretty much have them as a contact. BBM is a lot more involved than that.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 07:49 AM
    I have 29 contacts. Some family, more people I deal with at work. It is the way I primarily communicate with my immediate family.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:15 AM
    all my close damily memers and friends ar on bbm aout 35 contacts
    02-26-14 08:28 AM
    With many attempts to try to move friends over, most wont use it until its fixed on iOS and android side. Others dont seem to care and still use standard text still.
    02-26-14 08:31 AM
    I have 70+ on my BBM friends list which is more than I have on whatsapp. I simply keep sending my friends invites till they download it. Lol. Now they love it. Between SMS and BBM, the choice is clear.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:43 AM
    I think a big thing is to actively convert people over to BBM.

I've done that and all my immediate contacts I communicate with through BBM. It just starts with a "hey, get BBM so I can send you voice notes when I'm driving." or "I'm going out of country, get BBM so we can stay in touch when I have wifi."

Little sells like that.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:43 AM
    I use it all day long with family, friends, and co-workers. I have also met a lot of people through these forums that are now friends.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 09:01 AM
    My two daughters have iPhones (sigh...) but I nevertheless persuaded them to download BBM. So they did. Unfortunately they lost faith very quickly when it was clear that the iPhone shuts down the BBM app when it's left open on the background without using it for some time ? I think that this issue is subject of another discussion in the Forum.

If that weird problem can be solved and if BB delivers video on BBM for iPhone and Android, then Whatsapp and Skype could be blown out of the water.
    02-26-14 09:22 AM
    i use BBM with family mostly accross the world, i like the fact that my messages remain private and pictures are not automatically saved on my phone, feel more secure
    02-26-14 09:34 AM
    My entire family is on BBM, although they are also on BlackBerry lol

As for friends, the one's I talk to regularly and consider friends not acquaintances, all but one uses BBM and he will be a BBM convert once its released for Windows Phone as he is the only person I know who uses one lol a Nokia 920. All of my iPhone friends have installed BBM and use that as there method of communicating know. My nieces and nephews have also installed BBM on their iPhones and Androids.

I'm shoving BlackBerry down the throats of everyone I know lol
    02-26-14 11:14 AM
    None of my friends use it, so I haven't even had the chance to use it yet

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    02-26-14 11:21 AM
    I forced about 6-7 people to use it.

I regularly use it with 1 person. Another 2 use it sometimes. Everyone I forced to use it only uses it to message me. So they would all would like it if I stopped using it.

So I feel your pain. If I didn't force anyone to install it my number would be 0. And the people I forced to install it who no longer use it are very unlikely to come back due to bad experiences with it. Who the heck decided only voice messages should be shareable in a multi person chat?! That decision lost half the people I pushed to install BBM since the collaboration groups (where you can share media) was extremely buggy in the iOS and Android ports of BBM. It became "why don't we just use Whatsapp, because we can share stuff just fine there?"
    02-26-14 11:37 AM
    I'm sure once Facebook screws up Whatsapp such as advertisements or linkage to Facebook friends and etc.. people will like to move to another social app. WeChat, Line, and all other ones are crap.. Hope BBM will get popular again once that happens!
    choccywockydoodah likes this.
    02-26-14 11:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    change friends
    02-26-14 11:45 AM
57 123