I remember Chris wrote in the beginning of the year an interesting article about BBM money in Indonesia and the possibilities that the service had with the cross platform stuff. Now that #bbm4all is real, any idea if this is really happening? Personally, i think BBM money has an enormous potential in the future. I know it is not that simple, but definitely possible. Did you hear something recently about BBM money for all?

Here is the article of Chris if you don't remember: Going cross platform could skyrocket the number of BBM Money users | CrackBerry.com

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    Yosha Gupta likes this.
    11-14-13 07:13 AM
    Assuming BBM still uses the secure NOC, this is feasible. But there should be a way to deposit or withdraw funds.

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.0.1791 | Globe PH
    Yosha Gupta likes this.
    11-14-13 07:17 AM
    We are working on BBM Money for BB10 at the moment , yes absolutely agree that there's enormous potential , hope you are using BBM Money already? Feedback is welcome
    SDTRMG likes this.
    11-16-13 02:23 AM
    I believe(knowing nothing technically about the proces) that the main critical path item is getting the financial institutions to support it.

I base this on the fact that the version in Indonesia has just the one bank signed on. As opposed to BlackBerry running it, they function more as the intermediary.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 04:03 PM
    We are working on BBM Money for BB10 at the moment , yes absolutely agree that there's enormous potential , hope you are using BBM Money already? Feedback is welcome
    "We are"? Do you work for BlackBerry? I cannot give any feedback because I live in Brazil. But, yes it has an enormous potential. No bbm money in Brazil. Hopefully not for long...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:29 PM
    This is what I have been saying from the start! #Bbm4all, and then with features like this there is room to make some revenue.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:31 PM
    I believe(knowing nothing technically about the proces) that the main critical path item is getting the financial institutions to support it.

I base this on the fact that the version in Indonesia has just the one bank signed on. As opposed to BlackBerry running it, they function more as the intermediary.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Posted via CB10
    I think so. But, maybe there is another way. And they could be in contact with the financial institutions already. I may be wrong, but why a great effort launching bbm money in one country if you're not intending to go worldwide? Indonesia could be the "beta" program in this occasion and I heard it is a great success in that country.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:34 PM
    I think video and such will come long before this. It's not even for all BlackBerry users yet
    11-16-13 05:37 PM
    I think so. But, maybe there is another way. And they could be in contact with the financial institutions already. I may be wrong, but why a great effort launching bbm money in one country if you're not intending to go worldwide? Indonesia could be the "beta" program in this occasion and I heard it is a great success in that country.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I absolutely agree that Indo was the pilot.

Would also suspect that strategically they would want to be the intermediary rather than vertically integrate the whole process. Their competitive advantage with bbm money is the NOC and security (whether real or perceived)

Hopefully Canada would serve as a good place for the BlackBerry 10 pilot. Though I wonder if the banks would prefer to pursue something that benefits themselves more?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:18 PM
    I work for Monitise (Monitise Group | Welcome), we helped develop BBM Money for Blackberry . Haha, yes, I hope so too
    11-21-13 11:50 PM
    I work for Monitise (Monitise Group | Welcome), we helped develop BBM Money for Blackberry . Haha, yes, I hope so too
    I saw some screenshots of BBM Money on BB10 somewhere. So it's really happening?

I have no purpose for it, personally.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    11-21-13 11:54 PM
    Duplicate.
    11-22-13 12:31 AM
    Forgot all about this upcoming feature. I will use it.

Need some pow.
    11-22-13 12:32 AM
    Nice. If you worked on the project you could help us here: is it possible to bring money for everyone on BBM around the world or its just too complex to do so?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 06:38 AM
    I saw some screenshots of BBM Money on BB10 somewhere. So it's really happening?

I have no purpose for it, personally.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    I don't know if it's coming. I hope so.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 06:39 AM
    Yes, BBM Money is live on BB10 now. Why do you say you have no purpose for it, everyone needs to send money at some point of time! You should try it out.
    11-22-13 07:57 AM
    POW? what is that? Yes, please do use it and feel free to send feedback.
    11-22-13 08:00 AM
    Of course it is complex, which is why we have very bright people working on it
    11-22-13 08:01 AM
    POW? what is that? Yes, please do use it and feel free to send feedback.
    Pow, short for powder, as in powder snow. It's great for skiing.

Need some pow.
    11-22-13 10:36 AM
    Of course it is complex, which is why we have very bright people working on it
    I know complex would be the answer. But, when you say "which is why we have very bright people working on it" you mean BBM money is coming for everyone with BBM around the work, right? Not only one country or another. Will be for everyone like, for example, BBM channels?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:18 AM
    It's not just the banks to get on board...financial regulatory systems are quite different internationally....what a minefield, not to mention big players like the CC companies that would want this pie. If BlackBerry can figure this out though, enormous $ potential.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:21 AM
    Yes, BBM Money is live on BB10 now. Why do you say you have no purpose for it, everyone needs to send money at some point of time! You should try it out.
    Yes, it is live on BlackBerry world now. But, only for Indonesia. I hope we will see soon BBM money for all!

BBM money is definitely a great feature for BBM growth.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:22 AM