I am a former BB user years ago who just came back to the BB World from the iPhone and Android platforms. I am using an unlocked 100-3 model on the T-Mobile 4G network here in the USA. My question is I can't for the life of me get my BBM functions to work on my new z10? I have sent my PIN to several friends and groups who in turn have sent me invites to join and I have never received any of them. My BBM is active and shows my name and available in the top status bar.

When I had a Blackberry years ago, I remember the type of data plan you used for a Blackberry was different then a typical smart phone data plan, is this still true and does it affect the BBM functions? I am currently using the unlimited talk,text and data plan on T-Mobile USA. Do I have to change it to a Blackberry plan? I just want my BBM to work so I can be back in the BB World again. Any one else having these issues in BBM.
    03-16-13 05:28 AM
    BBM works on the Z10 even without a SIM card as long as you are logged in with you blackberry username via wifi. No need for a BIS subscription even.
    Are you sure you are logged in?

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    03-16-13 06:28 AM
    I have logged into my BlackBerry account and the blue bar at the top of my BBM displays my name and active. It may sound like a stupid question but do I have to log in BBM separately?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 05:46 PM
    when you go into BBM it should load automatically. Input your Blackberry ID and password and it automatically syncs.
    03-17-13 02:41 AM
    On your home screen, on the very top, do you see the small blackberry logo symbol next to the network bars? Only if the logo is available will your BBM work.

Call your carrier maybe they have a special plan for BlackBerry like mine.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 04:09 AM
    I have the BlackBerry logo on my home screen, but I still have never received any invites my friends and groups have sent to me, it's very frustrating and I am now on a BlackBerry data plan with T Mobile.

Hopefully I will figure it out in the future because one of the reasons I came back to blackberry was the BBM function so I can join some of the groups on the Crackberry.com website. Oh well

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 07:15 AM
    I am very new to BB but allow me to try to help from my general experience. Can ur friends see ur name in BBM?

Can you see theirs? Try sending them something. Also, my other guess is, you've not given them your BBM Pin correctly (or they haven't taken it down correctly, whichever way u prefer it :P)
    I would suggest confirm your with them PIN once again.

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.
    03-17-13 08:20 AM
    This is probably something you have already done, but have you looked under "invites" to see what's there? You can toggle between sent, received, and suggestions.
    03-17-13 08:41 AM
    Do you have your BlackBerry ID set up?

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-17-13 12:40 PM
    Do you have your BlackBerry ID set up?

Yep, I have my Blackberry ID set up and I am logged in, I have the BB (4 dot) logo to the left of the signal bar in the status bar at the top of the home screen. It shows my name and available in the BBM app. I am new to the BB World and came over from the Apple and Android OS platforms so I am a newbie to the BBM app. I just want to be able to join a couple of groups on the CB website i.e. PGA Tour Golf group, they have sent me a couple of invites and I never have received any of them, so it suspect I am not even attached to the BBM network. I receive all my GMail, Facebook and Twitter data fine.

I go to my settings and the Blackberry ID shows me signed in with my username and screen name, I even sent the new PIN ID for my new white z10 to a couple fo groups and I can't seem to receive the invites they told me they sent to me? I go to the BBM app, select my invites, which indicate zero and check my invites tab and look at the received, sent tabs and nothing there.

I think I am going to just go to a T-Mobile corporate store and find a Blackberry expert who can help me, I am tech savvy guy who has set up my our office networks and taught myself how to program code and this has me stumped. It will probably be something simple that will make me look like an *****. Oh well.

As frustrated as I am with the BBM function, I am back to being a Blackberry user and I will be a regular subscriber to the CB website. I love this group of folks and think the Blackberry user is unique and that sets us aside from the Apple and Android users and I am here to stay. I am looking forward to whats coming down the road, it should be a great ride.
    shads77 likes this.
    03-17-13 02:10 PM
    That sounds like a good idea, I can't think of what else it could be.

03-17-13 04:13 PM
    What happens when you send an invite?

Have you tried to scan BBM barcodes?

If they are on an older BlackBerry device, have them try to send you a PIN message (rather than a message via BBM). PIN messages should go through even when not on each other's contact list. You can't send PIN messages from the Z10, but you should be able to receive them.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:19 PM
    I am very new to BB but allow me to try to help from my general experience. Can ur friends see ur name in BBM?

Can you see theirs? Try sending them something. Also, my other guess is, you've not given them your BBM Pin correctly (or they haven't taken it down correctly, whichever way u prefer it :P)
    I would suggest confirm your with them PIN once again.

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.
    Yes also try via NFC if possible, good luck hate to loose you again
    03-17-13 08:25 PM
    Have you checked under invites?
    BBM issues on my new z10-img_00000482.png

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    03-17-13 08:36 PM