Hi there.

I just got a passport and I installed some of the leak 10.1.3 OS.

My question is whats happening is i moved the BB ID over from my Q10 to my passport and its working great etc.

The issue arises now where i went into the Q10 and created a new BBID for it and under a different email.

What's happening is when I go in on either device, it seems to mix up BB ids and attempts to re associate them to whatever unit i am
    logging into instead of setting up a new bbm profile for my Q10 under the fresh BBM ID.

Any idea how to get this fixed up ? I didn't wipe the Q10 so maybe something is getting stuck but definitely managed to save the new BB ID in settings section but perhaps something is being stored there.. dunno
    11-17-14 05:22 AM
    Well, you are perfectly good with the same BlackBerry ID on both phone. Why changing it on your Q10 ?
    11-17-14 05:37 AM
    its going to kick me out of bbm and reset the contacts and change it to the other phone if I keep it the same I believe
    11-17-14 06:02 AM
    Hi there.

I just got a passport and I installed some of the leak 10.1.3 OS.

My question is whats happening is i moved the BB ID over from my Q10 to my passport and its working great etc.

The issue arises now where i went into the Q10 and created a new BBID for it and under a different email.

What's happening is when I go in on either device, it seems to mix up BB ids and attempts to re associate them to whatever unit i am
    logging into instead of setting up a new bbm profile for my Q10 under the fresh BBM ID.

Any idea how to get this fixed up ? I didn't wipe the Q10 so maybe something is getting stuck but definitely managed to save the new BB ID in settings section but perhaps something is being stored there.. dunno
    Unless you wipe the phone, the BB ID will be attached to the Q10. And each time you try to open bbm, it'll re-associate that ID on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:04 AM
    Well, you are perfectly good with the same BlackBerry ID on both phone. Why changing it on your Q10 ?
    Well, it doesn't make sense to use a single ID for two devices. Because you could use two different IDs instead and have two different BBM profiles.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:06 AM
    Exactly. Only way to do this is to wipe the phones ?

Well, it doesn't make sense to use a single ID for two devices. Because you could use two different IDs instead and have two different BBM profiles.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:09 AM
    Exactly. Only way to do this is to wipe the phones ?
    Yeah. That is the only way. Because BB ID is deeply integrated into BlackBerry phones, there's no work around for this.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 08:30 AM
    Yeah. That is the only way. Because BB ID is deeply integrated into BlackBerry phones, there's no work around for this.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I wiped my backup phone and everything is good now thanks

Somehow the original email gor deleted from being a bbid but since I reassociated the new one all my stuff is saved

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 08:52 AM

You have probably figured it out by now, but what you originally did on your old phone was edit the email associated with the BlackBerryID, not actually change the BlackBerryID. When you edit the email this way, the new email will get pushed to your other devices setup on that same BlackBerryID, such as your new phone.

The only way to change the BlackBerryID on a BB10 phone or PlayBook is to do a security wipe and then set up with the new BlackBerryID.
    11-17-14 09:13 AM