IMO: I don't understand why people are complaining, this is huge this is huge!

First it shows BlackBerry is confident in their products now. Second BBM is becoming extinct sitting in BlackBerry alone as there is a whole world to compete whatsapp Skype etc. Third, with the new BBM channels, BlackBerry is sporting a social network built in which will grow through being Cross-platform and the fact that BBM is a known brand already. It can definitely compete with the likes of tumblr and instagram. This is huge for blackberry, I am so happy for the right decisions being made.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:41 AM
    I agreed with you on this. This is great news and a great move by BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:43 AM
    I think it's too late for a bigger adoption by Android and iPhone users.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-14-13 11:51 AM
    Now that the decision has been made, the number of forum threads debating the issue should be lessened. Today is a good day in that regards
    05-14-13 11:56 AM
    I think its a great idea to go cross-platform. I love BlackBerry and will always use one. Here are some benifits to having bbm cross-platform.

1) Top app download on iOS app store and Google Play
    2.) Being free they can throw in advertisments for the newest and best bb devices
    3.) Being free they COULD also sell ad space and gain revnue.
    4.) Think about BBM MONEY in indonisa. BlackBerry is definatly getting a cut of the profits everytime thats used. And emerging markets are getting into the cheap cheap andriod phones so insted of trying to compete with crappy dirty cheap phones put the app on them so at least bb will get their cut
    5.) I see this as just the beginging wait until Thor's vision of mobile computing.
    anyways im excited.
    Gotta think BIG PICTURE!
    05-14-13 12:33 PM
    Yes, and I am sure bbm will be widely accepted be android and ios users as they all know about bbm in some way or another. Just through BlackBerry users word of mouth, honestly people have to see this as one of the biggest moves in blackberry histories and this will allow BlackBerry to reach new heights.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:43 PM
    I agree with this, totally.
    05-14-13 07:19 PM
    +1

Posted on CB10 via ZEDTRO10
    05-14-13 07:28 PM
    Yeah I don't see why people keep saying 'they're taking the one thing blackberry has and putting it on the other platforms so people will leave BlackBerry'

I don't know about you guys, but other than the increasingly fewer friends of I have on bbm, I generally resort to texting and email. I love bbm, as does every blackberry user (current or previous). I know many people that will grab bbm for their iphone or android because it's the major thing they do miss having. It isn't to draw people back to blackberry (well maybe a little bit) but it's to get people using something made by blackberry. It's by far the best messaging system there is, and I can't wait to have a hundred or so contacts in my list. For those of us that have watched our contact list in bbm dwindle over the years, I think this is a great way to finally have the app worth having again.

Imagine a world where people stop saying 'send me a text' and everyone starts saying 'bbm me'

Have to admit though, right now it's an easy 'in' seeing a woman with a BlackBerry at a bar.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:42 PM
    Exactly, yes there are some people that say oh why buy blackberry at all now since it was only bbm they wanted. But realize this: BlackBerry is confident enough in their products to know bbm and their softwares.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:59 PM
    this can only bring greater visibility to the brand
    05-14-13 08:02 PM