So this is weird, not sure if this happened to anyone here. But I was talking to a contact on bbm few days ago and then all of a sudden I get a red X. I am able to receive my friend messages but when I responded back I get a check mark then about 10 minutes later I get a red X. To make it more weird is that this only affect this one contact. To make it more weirder is that when I take out the sim card and use only wifi bbm with this contact works fine but as soon as I put the sim card back in bbm with this one contact doesn't work. I even went and got a new sim card just to make sure but still having the same issues. How do I resolve this. I tried deleting and readding the contact still no luck. This is only affecting is one contact on my bbm all my other contacts works perfectly. I have Original passport factory unlocked from shopblackberry running official OS 10.3.1.1779 and I am on carrier AT&T.

9000----->Torch----->9900----->Z10------>Passport
    03-17-15 09:47 PM
    Hi webby I use to have some problem with you, happened with my wife she can Bbm me but when I Bbm her X
    Solved by changing sim card

I think your contact need to change simcard for a while and later can use old simcard
    Goodluck!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on 4G Altel network
    03-17-15 09:55 PM
    From my experience the red x shows up if ur contact does not have BlackBerry service and only using wifi. So the issue is not your sim it's their sim.

So if they out of wifi coverage it'll show the red x.

CB10 via Z10
    03-17-15 10:01 PM
    From my experience the red x shows up if ur contact does not have BlackBerry service and only using wifi. So the issue is not your sim it's their sim.

So if they out of wifi coverage it'll show the red x.

CB10 via Z10
    No the problem is the contact can send fine but can't receive
    It is really weird issue I wouldn't believe it myself
    But I experience the same thing as OP

03-17-15 10:10 PM
    Hi webby I use to have some problem with you, happened with my wife she can Bbm me but when I Bbm her X

I think your contact need to change simcard for a while and later can use old simcard
    Goodluck!

Oh ok cool thanks. I will let them know that they can change there sim card to resolve the issue. Is their another way too like a bbm update? Would that also solve the issue. My contact and I are running the latest bbm version?

03-17-15 10:16 PM
    Oh ok cool thanks. I will let them know that they can change there sim card to resolve the issue. Is their another way too like a bbm update? Would that also solve the issue. My contact and I are running the latest bbm version?

No I think it's a glitch in BlackBerry server

03-17-15 10:17 PM
    No I think it's a glitch in BlackBerry server

Cool. I will let them know. It kinda sucks that you have to go through all that just to get a small issue to resolved. Smh!!! Thanks again for your help.

03-17-15 10:30 PM
    This is only affecting is one contact on my bbm all my other contacts works perfectly.
    If all your other contacts are working perfectly, it makes me think the issue is on the other end, not your phone. Any idea if this one contact can receive BBMs from other people or if it's only when you try to BBM them that the problem occurs?
    03-18-15 08:57 AM
    If all your other contacts are working perfectly, it makes me think the issue is on the other end, not your phone. Any idea if this one contact can receive BBMs from other people or if it's only when you try to BBM them that the problem occurs?
    Yea they said that can receive and send to their other contacts on bbm. The issue is only affecting my bbm and theirs.

03-18-15 11:35 AM
    Definitely something to do with your sim and how it's provisioned but to have this problem with only one contact is the weirdest thing I've heard.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 12:55 PM
    Definitely something to do with your sim and how it's provisioned but to have this problem with only one contact is the weirdest thing I've heard.

Posted via CB10
    Yea I know it's so weird. I never had this problem before until now. I had the passport since it came out. I hope to get this resolved soon. It's really annoying. Smh.

03-18-15 01:05 PM

Goodluck!

My contact changed their sim and it resolved the issue thanks for your help.

Uzi likes this.
    03-20-15 11:15 AM