In OS7 chat history was such a convenient feature. It's one of the big things in the current bbm that's missing or maybe I'm missing something.

Has anyone been able to find any sort of bbm chat history in the device memory?

In OS7 you had the option when viewing a contact or chat to open chat history. This is nowhere to be seen in the bb10 bbm.

As an example a contact of mine who has a 9900, his phone completely reset and he lost everything. When I tried to send him a bbm it asked me if I wish to re invite this contact, since he no longer had me on his end. I said to re invite and then bbm erased the entire current convo with him. Now the convo is blank and has started from new. Bbm has to be smart enough to realise that I have a conversation going on with this bbm pin and to pick up from where I left off or to at least save it.

I understand that if you backup your BlackBerry device through link, that it is there. But I don't think there is a way of just restoring or viewing these bbm's.

What's the point of "save chat history "?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:40 AM
    I agree. I liked how history was saved on legacy devices better than on bb10. It shows as a continuing chat on 10. I liked being able to find a particular set of messages by date, and liked being able to email certain chats to myself for further action.
    02-02-14 11:48 AM